Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 hours ago, Lowland team said:

The difference to the English F.A.cup is all competing are members of the F.A.as its a members compition.unlike here in Scotland,thats the point.just like the Scottish junior cup is only open to its members.the s.f.a.have suggested the same mantra be adopted here for season 22/23 they produced a paper at their congress in October for debate which was to be put out in time for June's AGM adopting the the same members only policy.dont know where we are with it.the agenda comes out 2 weeks before the AGM.

Splitting hairs if I may, but all clubs are Registered Members of the SFA, incuding those presently attached to the SJFA. You're talking about Associate & Full Membership which got tied up in Club Licencing.

Edited by cmontheloknow

So the West Region decision was made by the committee, and Auchinleck Talbot have a rep on the committee. They were also unfortunately down a member due to their passing.

Why didn't the Region just put this out its membership? Like the SPFL, Highland League, North Region, and EoSFL have done to my knowledge. I think it has just been the Lowland Leage and East Region that have left it to their committees so far.

The English FA Cup has teams down to step 6/7 where leagues have fairly strict ground grading. A lot of the lower Scottish grounds are basically County level with just railed off pitches, if the need for 2-300 seats and covered standing was introduced in Scotland, would clubs be able to do that ? Be great to have loads of teams in the Scottish Cup, maybe they'd have to play away games if they didn't have the desired facilities ?

21 hours ago, stanley said:

Despite me being very pro-all clubs being in the cup, it's worth noting that the FA Cup had 735 clubs involved this year and that Scotland has a population of around 10% of England so we actually do have more clubs per person involved than England.

As every amateur club, junior club and senior non-league club, technically, had a shot at either the Amateur Cup, Junior Cup or the Alex Jack cup then we, technically, have far more than 735 clubs with a chance of being involved in the Scottish Cup.

Taking it to extremes, I know, but the Scottish is open to almost every club in Scotland.

On 10/04/2020 at 10:16, Dev said:

Presumably the clubs will be seeded so that each conference is approximately the same strength. Guessing that using PPG is more appropriate than simply taking the "final" league tables.

PPG isn't perfect as some posters have pointed out e.g. some clubs will benefit if they haven't played their two fixtures against the leading clubs in their Division. Others will be penalised for having played against the top clubs and dropped points.

The other issue is that clubs have played different numbers of league games at home compared with away. Clubs' can have very different results records for Home matches as against Away matches. The table below shows what happens when you do PPG for Home matches separately from Away matches and then add up the totals which are shown in the end column. I have given the three "relegated" clubs a lower PPG Position e.g. third bottom Troon would be 17 not 14. The reason is that I have rated the three "promoted" clubs from the Championship as PPG positions 14, 15 and 16 instead of 17, 18 and 19. Trying to reflect the view that they deserve to be ranked higher than the bottom three in the Premiership when seedings are used to decide which clubs play in which Conference. I will post the same info for the whole league separately:

Season 2019/20 Premiership Overall     Home     Away     PPG PPG   PPG
PPG Pos. Lg Table Pos.   P PTS   P PTS   P PTS   Home Away   Total
1 3 Auchinleck Talbot 16 41   10 28   6 13   2.80 2.16   4.96
2 1 Kilwinning Rangers 25 53   12 27   13 26   2.25 2.00   4.25
3 2 Pollok 22 42   11 22   11 20   2.00 1.81   3.81
4 6 Glenafton Athletic 20 36   11 25   9 11   2.27 1.22   3.49
5 4 Irvine Meadow XI 22 38   10 19   12 19   1.90 1.58   3.48
6 7 Beith Juniors 21 34   10 16   11 18   1.60 1.63   3.23
7 12 Hurlford United 19 29   10 20   9 9   2.00 1.00   3.00
8 8 Kilbirnie Ladeside 24 33   12 25   12 8   2.08 0.66   2.74
9 5 Clydebank 28 37   15 20   13 17   1.33 1.300   2.63
10 9 Cumnock Juniors 25 32   12 19   13 13   1.58 1.00   2.58
11 10 Rossvale 25 32   13 15   12 17   1.15 1.41   2.56
12 11 Largs Thistle 25 31   14 24   11 7   1.71 0.63   2.34
13 14 Benburb 20 19   10 12   10 7   1.20 0.70   1.90
17 13 Troon 24 22   13 19   11 3   1.46 0.27   1.73
18 15 Rutherglen Glencairn 17 12   6 7   11 5   1.16 0.45   1.61
19 16 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 17 6   6 0   11 6   0.00 0.54   0.54

Where've I seen this recently?

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Going down well I see. Who was left on the committee when the decision was made if you've even got people sitting out of the discussion?

image.png.c1c2fcf5ad932349d1275f676666002e.png

As much as I was critical of ronney at the time. Didnt know his motives in hindsight looking back though he did what he had to do and has got the right result and I'm a get a result type of guy. Much in the way our committee had to do to go to eosfl

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

As every amateur club, junior club and senior non-league club, technically, had a shot at either the Amateur Cup, Junior Cup or the Alex Jack cup then we, technically, have far more than 735 clubs with a chance of being involved in the Scottish Cup.

Taking it to extremes, I know, but the Scottish is open to almost every club in Scotland.

Just the NCL teams (apart from Golspie) and the Welfare teams who are excluded.

As many clubs as possible should be entered.   
clubs should play at home ground whenever possible, if ground is unsuitable they play at nearest suitable venue.  In the event of a ground switch being required a significant percentage (say 60-75%) of tickets sold above normal home ground capacity should go to the general prize pot.  This is to stop clubs trying to game the system and try and get ties moved when it’s not strictly necessary.

it was talked about for while about tightening up on clubs being able to move grounds and cash in but not sure anything happened.

I can’t see qualifiers being removed yet despite the near annual idea they will be. 
NCL obviously should be given a spot, welfare possibly even though it’s not very strong.

as for Sunday amateurs, nah.  It’s long accepted that Saturday ams is for the clubs who take things more seriously and there are no other clubs who regularly play Sundays without other circumstances such as tv. 

Only a quickie, does playing in the Scottish Cup hold any glory, as the FA Cup does ? If so let everyone have a go early on,then presumably only the better sides would make it through anyway. Decent prelim round prize money in the FA so it's worth going through 3or 4 rounds. Am not sure of the current Scottish prize monies,will have to Google.

50 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Only a quickie, does playing in the Scottish Cup hold any glory as the FA Cup does ? If so let everyone have a go early on,then presumably only the better sides would make it through anyway. Decent prelim round prize money in the FA so it's worth going through 3or 4 rounds. Am not sure of the current Scottish prize monies,will have to Google.

Fucking hell what sort of question is that.  

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Sorry about that,too much lockdown taking effect ! Be good to see as many clubs in the Scottish Cup as possible,they aren't gonna  win it , so let them enjoy being part of the journey.

Dundee aren't going to win the cup, but it doesn't stop them playing in it every season.

On 22/04/2020 at 14:41, cmontheloknow said:

Splitting hairs if I may, but all clubs are Registered Members of the SFA, incuding those presently attached to the SJFA. You're talking about Associate & Full Membership which got tied up in Club Licencing.

No their Not registered as members.thay are affiliated members through the sjfa.its the association which is the member.just like the caledonian league which is the member.not the individual clubs unless they are licensed which makes them  members. Ie.banks o'dee.girvin.glasgow uni are all members.