Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

15 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

How does it work re:bookies in the case of a title being shared by two teams? Also when's the last time (if ever) a title (league or cup) has been shared at this level?

would hope mcbookie are voiding all bets imho.  Cant be paying out on teams who have been handed league titles

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Easier for the WRJFA to make this decision when none of it really matters anyway.

It matters because the Champions enter the Scottish Cup next season with all the financial benefits that come with it.

13 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It matters because the Champions enter the Scottish Cup next season with all the financial benefits that come with it.

It doesn't matter in the Championship, which is the only one where there was any genuine doubt, and which was the only one which deviated from the strict PPG method used in the SPFL.

6 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

A fitting farcical end for the juniors.

Might as well give talbot the junior cup too.

You know the set up we are moving to next season also awarded their titles using the same method. Is that a farce as well or is it just a reason to have a go at Talbot

2 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

You know the set up we are moving to next season also awarded their titles using the same method. Is that a farce as well or is it just a reason to have a go at Talbot

I’m not aware of Kelty having just less than half their fixtures still to play? Not a great comparison.

Just now, The Informer said:

I’m not aware of Kelty having just less than half their fixtures still to play? Not a great comparison.

They used the same method . Its a clear comparison.

The points per game differential between Talbot and Kilwinning is much greater than Kelty over Bonnyrigg.

When I last checked over on the LL forum there was not too much complaint about Kelty getting the title even from Bonnyrigg fans but because this is Talbot people who said nothing about the LL  are  now in a rage

Yes, the whole handling of this situation in Scotland has been a farce, clubs in the lower leagues getting relegated and now hearts and Hamilton trying to reconstruct the league to save them dropping down. How hard would it be just to declare null and void especially since there is going to be conferences next season to sort out the new leagues. Literally no reason to award titles and if you are it should be to the team who was top when the league was suspended. 

Predicted points mean jack, results are earned on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

They used the same method . Its a clear comparison.

The points per game differential between Talbot and Kilwinning is much greater than Kelty over Bonnyrigg.

When I last checked over on the LL forum there was not too much complaint about Kelty getting the title even from Bonnyrigg fans but because this is Talbot people who said nothing about the LL  are  now in a rage

Slight difference in using the method when only 5 games to play, compared to 14 games to play?

1 minute ago, The Informer said:

Slight difference in using the method when only 5 games to play, compared to 14 games to play?

So do you think Kilwinning should have been awarded the league. If so, fair enough, that's your opinion. i am not going to argue with you.

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

So do you think Kilwinning should have been awarded the league. If so, fair enough, that's your opinion. i am not going to argue with you.

I think given the disparity in number of games played it should have been voided.

Just now, The Informer said:

I think given the disparity in number of games played it should have been voided.

Honestly, so do I but if they are going to award a title (and I think they had to given it carries  a Scottish Cup place and the LL and HL setting a precedent) I think they chose the correct method

17 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Yes, the whole handling of this situation in Scotland has been a farce, clubs in the lower leagues getting relegated and now hearts and Hamilton trying to reconstruct the league to save them dropping down. How hard would it be just to declare null and void especially since there is going to be conferences next season to sort out the new leagues. Literally no reason to award titles and if you are it should be to the team who was top when the league was suspended. 

Predicted points mean jack, results are earned on the pitch.

No reason to award titles? As has been pointed out the West Region have to put a champion forward to play in the Scottish Cup. Any news from the East on who's being put forward for the Scottish? 

2 minutes ago, The Informer said:

Pretty much. Think that's what the East Region did. There were a couple of teams that were top and would win on PPG but that wasn't the case across the board.

Here, apart from Darvel's split title, 3rd place or lower in the standings are champions.