Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Grangemouth Community Council has published boundaries on Falkirk Council's website and it includes the entirety of the Falkirk Stadium with the boundary being down the A9. 
https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/maps-local/council-democracy/community-councils.aspx?prop=community_&val=Grangemouth (incl Skinflats)

Grangemouth is fk3 postcode. The car garages at the back are fk3. The stadium is fk2. So its falkirk

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Mibees the cost of having the wedding in the summer was far more than any potential win bonus for reaching the next round of the SCC? Saving a few grand v one extra tie in a competition they weren't gonnae win anyway. No brainer

I had my stag and got married in the postponement season! Nae footie both dates!

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My maw's hoose is a Gourock postcode but it's in Greenock.

When theirs something close to a line it could always be debated. The new lidl next to alloa ground has the same problem somethings say ita Hilton road because the entrance to the land is on Hilton road but the store is on clackmannan road same as the football ground is

22 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Mibees the cost of having the wedding in the summer was far more than any potential win bonus for reaching the next round of the SCC? Saving a few grand v one extra tie in a competition they weren't gonnae win anyway. No brainer

It undoubtedly would’ve been Asim as the bonus for taking a LL scalp in terms of Gala was around zero as it is for all South teams I’d expect in the SCC and the only reward was another lengthy , expensive trip for another even more incredibly hard tie away to BSC 

14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I had my stag and got married in the postponement season! Nae footie both dates!

The South Committee and our rivals here in the SOSFL are in general very accommodating for such occurrences however we ( and we can’t be sure who  ) found the LL and or Gala let’s say slightly less helpful ! We found this strange considering they’d be favourites for the tie regardless of who we had available on the day and I’d certainly like to think most League set ups and adversaries might given the obvious free week for both in that first round date have been slightly kinder given their obvious advantages in terms of players and finance 

28 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Grangemouth is fk3 postcode. The car garages at the back are fk3. The stadium is fk2. So its falkirk

Postcodes can't be used for determining boundaries otherwise Harthill Royal would be in the WOSL with their ML5 postcode and Bo'ness still have an EH postcode despite being kicked out of West Lothian for bad behaviour in 1974...

Edited by ShrimpLok

37 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Postcodes can't be used for determining boundaries otherwise Harthill Royal would be in the WOSL with their ML5 postcode and Bo'ness still have an EH postcode despite being kicked out of West Lothian for bad behaviour in 1974...

Indeed. Postcodes have nothing to do with local government boundaries.

54 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC400657/officers

The stadium address is Falkirk otherwise would be grangemouth Falkirk like it is on Google maps which is for sat navs purposes same as on a sat navs my old address in new carron was bainsford on a sat nav dispite the fact it was new carron.

The same principle happens when going to howden centre in Livingston its actual postcode takes you to the hospital as the crow flies it is on that territory as it's right behind but access on a sat nav you need to use a postcode for a neighbouring street.

So everyone will think different. Not everything is done in straight lines which is why people think its grangemouth but its actually falkirk

19 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Indeed. Postcodes have nothing to do with local government boundaries.

Depends where they get the postcode from when I worked in stepps one postcode took you to the industrial unit as you came in the other took you to Duke street and I'm not sure why the shop had different postcodes 

10 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Can you name many times in life, away from the grade of football that Talbot/Lok played, that the word 'Junior' has any positive connotations?

I have no hate towards it at all, but it had served it spurpose and it is time to move along. There's a lot of good things to look back at.

Okay keys, you don't need to post that every day.

We get it.

15 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Shetland Orkney and lewis all have rugby teams that play in mainland leagues with Orkney at one point getting promoted high enough to be playing nationaly , weather or not they'r subsidized I've nae idea.  Shetland is a funny one tho as they don't have any direct transport links to the far north of Scotland like the other 2 do, the ferry docks in Aberdeen . So find a league for them if you can be bothered

The Channel Islands teams in the English system get allocated to the league that covers the most convenient mainland airport - Heathrow in their case.  Shetland in the WOSFL, anyone?

Edited by sdr71

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

There are fewer games and laxer player registration in club rugby. They also get travel subsidy from the SRU. Certainly, Orkney used to rely on scrounging players from the mainland when playing away.

Have heard the Shetland team do that as well. The limit I could see islands teams being able to do would be Scottish Cup entry if there was a generous travel subsidy. Given how many clubs are likely to get licensed in the years ahead I'd place that in don't hold your breath territory.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Have heard the Shetland team do that as well. The limit I could see islands teams being able to do would be Scottish Cup entry if there was a generous travel subsidy. Given how many clubs are likely to get licensed in the years ahead I'd place that in don't hold your breath territory.

I'm sure Shetland do too! I know Orkney definitely do as I was called in to play for them several years ago.

I don't think we'll see any of the island teams in regular league competition; save Orkney, who I can't realistically see ever playing at a higher level than the North Caledonian League, given the logistics.