Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

17 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

...Newton Mearns you say, very posh...

Maybe the way things are heading though at the youth level. Today's generation aren't learning the game down the local park the way Jim Baxter did. Everything tends to be organised now and that takes money.

Now that it's out there, can confirm what's been mentioned re St Cadocs. They are the club that I expect to be approved. People who mentioned BSC as a comparison (when we first got the seniors going) are pretty bang on the money.

The other club, in my opinion, have very little chance.

3 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Now that it's out there, can confirm what's been mentioned re St Cadocs. They are the club that I expect to be approved. People who mentioned BSC as a comparison (when we first got the seniors going) are pretty bang on the money.

The other club, in my opinion, have very little chance.

are we talking Sygenta/Glenrothes Strollers-style chancers

6 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

There's at least one club run by chancers (nearly) at the top of the pyramid. They've got to start somewhere ...

No no no 

You need to name the club so we can all pile in for or against. You need to give us a chance to rip you a new one if you are wrong.

I can only wonder if St Cadoc's could set up sticks at my old school - Williamwood - and use the reasonable facilities there. There's enough rich weans and parents in the area to fund any work.

I hated Williamwood BTW, but its a game I could walk to with my dad.

Edited by Sunrise

Just a little post folks. I saw a juniors team who will be moving WOS looking for some help with social media side of things. If your club will need a hand too, free free to send me a dm on twitter or Facebook and I can try help or at least try point you in right direction. Hope you all stay safe as well.

Presuming the information above about St. Cadocs is correct then, going by Wiki, that means almost all of the 50 most populous towns/cities in Scotland now have representation in the pyramid.

Only ones missing will be Bearsden, Erskine and Grangemouth.

Bishopbriggs (Rossvale) and Kirkintilloch (Rob Roy) don't currently have a club in their town.

Likewise going by council area East Dunbartonshire isn't currently covered due to those two clubs playing outwith their local area just now but it also only leaves the Western Isles, Shetland and Argyll without representation.

Getting awfully close to an a pyramid that is actually nationwide.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Presuming the information above about St. Cadocs is correct then, going by Wiki, that means almost all of the 50 most populous towns/cities in Scotland now have representation in the pyramid.

Bishopbriggs (Rossvale) and Kirkintilloch (Rob Roy) don't currently have a club in their town.

Likewise going by council area East Dunbartonshire isn't currently covered due to those two clubs playing outwith their local area just now but it also only leaves the Western Isles, Shetland and Argyll without representation.

Isnt Falkirk’s stadium in Grangemouth? Im sure its only a stones throw from the refinery?

22 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Depending on where Glasgow University end up playing out of, Bearsden could well be knocked off that list - the Science Park's maybe a mile up Maryhill Road from us and is just the other side of the Glasgow boundary IIRC.

Although we obviously play within the boundary, we've always had an element of our support that travels from Bearsden and Milngavie given that neither are all that far down a straight road...can think of a good few regulars that come from  one or the other.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Isnt Falkirk’s stadium in Grangemouth? Im sure its only a stones throw from the refinery?

It is (or straddles the boundary) but then that just leaves the same argument about Falkirk being left out instead of Grangemouth... Six and two threes really.

and Falkirk fans tend to get upset about folk pointing it out and this thread's went off topic enough times already

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

People say that because the grangemouth sign is on road to stadium at the back but the main road into the stadium is on the laurieston road but it's on the border 

7 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Depending on where Glasgow University end up playing out of, Bearsden could well be knocked off that list - the Science Park's maybe a mile up Maryhill Road from us and is just the other side of the Glasgow boundary IIRC.

Although we obviously play within the boundary, we've always had an element of our support that travels from Bearsden and Milngavie given that neither are all that far down a straight road...can think of a good few regulars that come from  one or the other.

I'd imagine Glasgow University will be staying at Airdrie due to wanting to keep their licence.