Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't know if there's prize money, but they SJFA does guarantee of £5,000 for the semi finals and £12,000 for the finalists.

image.png.8911514af096701b966f09b39586b0ca.png

Are the SJFA somehow above the law? Telling the clubs what they must charge is a criminal offence under the Competition Act 1998.

34 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I asked the question nicely.
What's it to him?
His club has never accepted that they were Juniors, and they couldn't wait to leave the Association that gave them a lifeline. So they've decided to leave the Juniors? Who cares? I don't think anyone in the Juniors does. So why do they care so much about what they're leaving? Scared they've made the wrong decision?

Yes I think there’s a number of points to be addressed here that this ‘anti juniors’ rhetoric is often used as a stick to beat us with.

1. Said it on many occasions ask any fan you like, there is an appreciation to junior football for allowing the club a place to regrow. That said, it was equally beneficial to junior clubs, particularly the early years and big games we’ve always been one of the best supported sides. Seem to have missed out what the Bankies have brought to the table.

2. The club just wants to play at the highest level it can. It wants to be alongside progressive clubs. No one has forgotten how the club was treated in senior football, self preservation exists at all levels...hence why the juniors got themselves into a mess. Why lower league 2 clubs don’t want additional relegation spaces. Probably similar to the lowland league to tier 6??? 

3. Retention of membership, think like most I fail to see the need. If you wanted to stay juniors so bad why leave? Why wasn’t there a sub group formed to save the grade? We were all told the grade is in it together at option z - then dumped the east and north at the drop of a hat. At least we’ve been open and honest about the need for change since day 1 instead of pretending to care about a grade which in the end very few did. 

Why? Because it was in each clubs best interests. Like it always has been. 

Just now, Stag Nation said:

Are the SJFA somehow above the law? Telling the clubs what they must charge is a criminal offence under the Competition Act 1998.

Might want to tell that to the likes of the SPFL where I know some cup competitions also have minimum pricing.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Might want to tell that to the likes of the SPFL where I know some cup competitions also have minimum pricing.

THat's ok then. Two wrongs make a right ....

29 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

LL - Want a tier 6 in the West of the country.
WRSJFA - Want a tier 6 in the West of the country.
LL - Want a minimum of 12 teams to get started but will accept more.
WRSJFA - Want all 63 WR teams in but will accept more.
LL - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL.
WRSJFA - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL. They may also retain membership of the SJFA and be able to play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they wish to do so.

Yes, it's clear that Gordon Ronney and the WRJ's dropped their pants and got shafted.

Looks like every one got what they wanted then. 

4 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Looks like every one got what they wanted then. 

I never got my Scottish Cup away days to Lochgilphead Red Star or Dinamo Millport :(

(I know Millport's team isn't called Dinamo)

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

36 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

LL - Want a tier 6 in the West of the country.
WRSJFA - Want a tier 6 in the West of the country.
LL - Want a minimum of 12 teams to get started but will accept more.
WRSJFA - Want all 63 WR teams in but will accept more.
LL - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL.
WRSJFA - All teams will be members of the WOSFL and play in the leagues and cups of the WOSFL. They may also retain membership of the SJFA and be able to play in the Scottish Junior Cup if they wish to do so.

Yes, it's clear that Gordon Ronney and the WRJ's dropped their pants and got shafted.

What you're missing is the WRJFA wanted themselves to be the West League at Tier 6. They've now agreed they'll be extinct from next season. Just sayin', I'm not sure that's exactly what they wanted...

Edited by Cyclizine

45 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

C’mon everyone’s known for years that they’re are a law unto themselves and make up their own rules.

What you're missing is the WRJFA wanted themselves to be the West League at Tier 6. They've now agreed they'll be extinct from next season. Just sayin', I'm not sure that's exactly what they wanted...

50 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Hooray. Someone has actually got it.

55 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Looks like I’m not the only one who gets it. Hooray.

36 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Surely won't have the neck to apply.

Maybe worth pointing out they wouldn't have to apply anyway. They're currently members of the SJFA until if/when they choose to resign. Until they do that, they're in next year's junior cup by default.

It'll be interesting to see how many choose to do so, bearing in mind big attraction of the junior cup was that up until the last three or four years there was the chance of an attractive awayday. As of next year, the only chance of drawing a team from outside the old West Region will be trips to what's left in West Lothian, Tayside or right up north, none of which options really yield all that many potential glamour ties.

Maybe worth pointing out they wouldn't have to apply anyway. They're currently members of the SJFA until if/when they choose to resign. Until they do that, they're in next year's junior cup by default.
It'll be interesting to see how many choose to do so, bearing in mind big attraction of the junior cup was that up until the last three or four years there was the chance of an attractive awayday. As of next year, the only chance of drawing a team from outside the old West Region will be trips to what's left in West Lothian, Tayside or right up north, none of which options really yield all that many potential glamour ties.

As they no longer compete in Junior football, doesn't there need to be a change to the SJFA constitution to allow clubs to retain membership? The WRJFA won't exist.

There's no guarantee that remaining Junior clubs will want them in their competition and likely scooping up the money associated with the Junior Cup.

Carnoustie Panmure's recent tweet illustrated that not everyone is happy with that prospect.

16 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Not quite. They have to pay their £35 annual membership fee before the AGM.