Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Doesn't use it as "an excuse to abuse people" and calls me a w****r in the same sentence 😂

I don’t think I called you anything. You came to that conclusion all by yourself. I’m just pointing out as flaws go, it could be worse.

2 hours ago, parkcircus said:

So you’d be happy with 20 teams in the WOS and the rest in the WRJ?

Parkcircus are you serious.
If its 20 teams who WANTED to be in the WOS and the rest WANTED to be in the juniors then yes of course, at least its a start.
Now all those teams who didn't want to move have moved and I know of a couple in the top junior division, didn't want to go but felt they had no choice and some blame the Lowland which is totally wrong and some blame the junior association. It shouldn't be that way, if they were all going to move over it should have just been an honest and open discussion why all teams would benefit the move over but there are a few teams who have moved with a bad taste in their mouth, which is such a shame.

The PWG broke up because of the mismanagement of the junior association. Lowland got that fed up they announced applications will be accepted from any team who wanted to join the Pyramid in the new WOS and who fit the basic criteria which I believe all 63 junior teams in the West region do.

I remember the SJFA getting all the west region teams to know they were going to go for OPTION Z which was stated backed by the SPFL and the Lowland League which was utter lies.   Gordon who I am correcting in thinking stated the West region can go all-in to the pyramid with the West region association only needing accepted by the SFA which was utter nonsense.  It has been a totally shambles and most of the junior teams have been like wee teenage kids with no clue being influenced by people they think their WORD is gods truth.

It is what it is now and hopefully over the years everyone just gets down to playing football and the ones who want to progress will be given the chance to do so

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Spelling and more detail

Bottom line amidst the ongoing arguments:

- Have we made progress re the pyramid in Scottish Football? Yes
- Is it better to have all the WRSJFA clubs together in the pyramid instead of a messy situation like in the east? Yes

Time to move forward and look ahead rather than going over old ground IMO.

17 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

So you’d be happy with 20 teams in the WOS and the rest in the WRJ?

Sadly that appears to be what people like Bman wanted. If everything gets resolved sensibly as just happened in the west there are no more "dinosaurs" to feel superior to with a "pointy stick".

The main thing is that the west has been able to get in intact and the north should be able to do it soon as well, so the unresolved issues in the east such as what to do about Tayside are no longer holding things back elsewhere.

Hopefully eveybody else will have soon moved on and all the crankiness will be confined to the Bathgate-Harthill-Fauldhouse-West Calder-Pumpherston area.

3 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Bottom line amidst the ongoing arguments:

- Have we made progress re the pyramid in Scottish Football? Yes
- Is it better to have all the WRSJFA clubs together in the pyramid instead of a messy situation like in the east? Yes

Time to move forward and look ahead rather than going over old ground IMO.

Amen. But that doesn't suit the warfare attitude that many oddballs on here seem to have.

Sadly that appears to be what people like Bman wanted. If everything gets resolved sensibly as just happened in the west there are no more "dinosaurs" to feel superior to with a "pointy stick".
The main thing is that the west has been able to get in intact and the north should be able to do it soon as well, so the unresolved issues in the east such as what to do about Tayside are no longer holding things back elsewhere.
Hopefully eveybody else will have soon moved on and all the crankiness will be confined to the Bathgate-Harthill-Fauldhouse-West Calder-Pumpherston area.

Oh piss off Lurker, you continue to fill this place with shite. What happened to the 2 East Region clubs being teams 67 and 68?

40 minutes ago, BMan said:

Ultimately it should have been left upto clubs to decide of their own free will without being fed shite, the LL already said they would run with 12.

We have all 63, great, but some are there unwillingly. Now you are proposing a senior official takes over the SJFA.

Ultimately wanting the individual clubs to have made a decision is a valid opinion; but it hasn't happened because the individual clubs as a collective have agreed with varying degrees of enthusiasm to do it the WRJFA leadership way.

Personally I think that the way its has or hasn't happened will be irrelevent in a few years, as clubs make their own ways up and down the wosl playing the game they love, football.

29 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Isn’t he already on the SJFA management team?

It does seem as if Gordon has got more done than the other leaders within the SJFA, and if his club choose to stay within the sjfa, then I guess he can stay in the management team and could be chosen to lead it. I guess tha would be up to the remaining junior clubs across Scotland.

1 minute ago, BMan said:
2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
I'll leave you to stew in your own bile at this point. 

Stick me on ignore like the rest when you cant handle the debate.

You were gloating a few weeks back on here when you thought incorrectly that the barrage of abuse from you and your cronies had driven me into having a Dippleburn and Isa Goudie style meltdown. Your posting style didn't drive me away then and won't now. 

You were gloating a few weeks back on here when you thought incorrectly that the barrage of abuse from you and your cronies had driven me into having a Dippleburn and Isa Goudie style meltdown. Your posting style didn't drive me away then and won't now. 

Oh hang on, I thought you were ignoring me? No meltdown from me, no gloating from me either, just another incorrect assertion from you.

What about all the sub plots and misinformation you have a long history of promoting on here that, to the surprise of nobody, turned out complete bollocks? LL and EoS officials read your posts with complete bemusement at times.

So stick me on ignore and you wont need to read anything of mine again.

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

...Anyone any gen on this and what's your views on this

I'm sure there was a statement at one point that stated the WoS teams would play in the SCC and a league cup but haven't been able to track it down when I have tried to find it.