Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Can't believe the EOS went sequential and nobody challenged it, that is absolutely idiotic. It means the best team in each group ends up in conference A and the worst team ends up in Conference D so overall A is much stronger than D.
As an example it is better to be seeded 8th rather than 5th as 5th ends up with the number 1 seed and 8th ends up with the number 4 seed.
Lets hope the west see sense
Yet the idiotic approach worked well and the teams who account for those in the top league are largely as expected, barring Crossgates.

It isn't idiotic if it worked, regardless of how you spin it. The east worked.

Can't believe the EOS went sequential and nobody challenged it, that is absolutely idiotic. It means the best team in each group ends up in conference A and the worst team ends up in Conference D so overall A is much stronger than D.
As an example it is better to be seeded 8th rather than 5th as 5th ends up with the number 1 seed and 8th ends up with the number 4 seed.
The "idiotic" approach gave us 3 well balanced Conferences. The same person who came up with this "idiotic" approach will be doing it for the west, and your fixtures. Enjoy.

It clearly is an idiotic approach and I can't believe people are defending it but then in this thread it doesn't surprise me. Pyramid good anything else bad.

I am not spinning anything, it clearly is not the fairest way to do it. If you think differently you are clearly wrong, it is not a matter of opinion it is a matter of fact

41 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Because it was split 3 ways Conference B would of been the same regardless of serpentine or sequential.

If you went serpentine Conference A would been of been the weakest Conference by far. Conference A would have ended up with Hawick Royal Albert (LL 16th), Ormiston (EoS 12th) and Tweedmouth Rangers (EoS 13th). Three of the weakest sides, as everyone knew that Hawick Royal Albert were in the Lowland League due to licencing and not on the field.

The strongest EoS sides would of been 6th and 7th the previous season.

It also meant of the Top 5 East Super League sides Conference A would of gotten the 5th placed team and only have 3 East Super League sides total.

image.png.60eaffc0481d07c7dfaf58863d1314cd.pngimage.png.dd2d0c57253c9e6b2664a50f98334df2.pngimage.png.f7e5e207a1f747b90de960b4d4d25ab3.png

Can I be the first to predict that at least one club won't get in to the new league due to irregularities with their application? To be followed of course by much whining about nasty LL conspiracies.

It clearly is an idiotic approach and I can't believe people are defending it but then in this thread it doesn't surprise me. Pyramid good anything else bad.
I am not spinning anything, it clearly is not the fairest way to do it. If you think differently you are clearly wrong, it is not a matter of opinion it is a matter of fact
So, because you think its idiotic and have no real life proof to back that up, I am to agree, so not to come across as promoting everything to do with the pyramid?

Let's look at the evidence at hand.

The East was split using a process, it could've used another process but it wouldnt have made that much difference as the conferences would have had equal strengths whatever way they were split (as pointed out by fairweather).

If we were asked prior to the conferences taking place who would end up in the Premier league we would have picked everyone barring Crossgates that ended up there, from every conference. (As they were all the sides who were deemed the top sides across the conferences)

That means the process worked, but as it doesn't fit your narrative (everything else barring what I think and believe is stupid) you are unwilling to accept it.

Anyway, let's leave the split of the conferences to those who know best, have experience in doing this stuff and have a proven track record [emoji6]

6 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

That means the process worked, but as it doesn't fit your narrative (everything else barring what I think and believe is stupid) you are unwilling to accept it.

Pot, kettle. I have mathematics, statistics and every major sporting event in the world that uses seeding to back me up.

What do you have.

Pot, kettle. I have mathematics, statistics and every major sporting event in the world that uses seeding to back me up.

What do you have.

The eosfl going with a conference set up after a large influx of teams, which can now be deemed a success, given that it achieved that which it set out to achieve (a top league and a structure underneath).

It classed certain clubs at a certain level to balance out the strength of each conference, as best as it could.

If asked prior to starting who would end up in the Premier league most would have picked every club who ended up there barring one, Crossgates.

Therefore, the process that was undertaken in the east, whilst not to everyone's taste, was a success and gave the eosfl the structure and balance it set out to achieve from the outset.

That isn't mathematics, that isn't luck, that isn't a 'what would happen if' theoretical stance, that's hard factual evidence from a similar restructuring process which was recently undertaken within the same sport, at the same functional level.

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

It classed certain clubs at a certain level to balance out the strength of each conference, as best as it could.

No it didn't, that is my point. It got a result but it did not use the best way.

The best way would mean Conference  A got the no 1 seed, the number 6th seed etc.

Instead it got the 1st and 4th seeds

I am amazed you are actually arguing with me that they used the right method. 

No it didn't, that is my point. It got a result but it did not use the best way.

The best way would mean Conference  A got the no 1 seed, the number 6th seed etc.

What i said is that whilst the way they did it might not be to your taste it turns out it worked.

And now I think about it how did they manage to split us into conferences then? Did they draw our names out of a hat?

13 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I think they did use the right method when you look at how the Serpentine Conference A would of ended up. It was clearly the weakest of the 3 on paper, which is why the EoS committee probably opted for the sequential approach.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

I think they did use the right method when you look at how the Serpentine Conference A would of ended up. It was clearly the weakest of the 3 on paper, which is why the EoS committee probably opted for the sequential approach.
I agree, now whilst I still believe my club had the harder conference in year 1 (conference B) it was still a well balanced three conference system that achieved what it set out to.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think they did use the right method when you look at how the Serpentine Conference A would of ended up. It was clearly the weakest of the 3 on paper, which is why the EoS committee properly opted for the sequential approach.

As it is looking likely the West will be 4 conferences they cannot use the same system as the extra conference will make it more lopsided.

7 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

As it is looking likely the West will be 4 conferences they cannot use the same system as the extra conference will make it more lopsided.

We're dealing with an incomplete season. PPG v. Points Accumulated bring different sets of seeding before you even get to Serpentine v. Sequential. Nobody can say what the correct approach is this year. Only that its hopefully just a one off just like 2018-19 for the EoSFL.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Can I be the first to predict that at least one club won't get in to the new league due to irregularities with their application? To be followed of course by much whining about nasty LL conspiracies.

I suspect your right. If entry was guaranteed there would have been no need for the application process. This is another area Gordon Ronney and the WRJFA have muddied the waters in my view by declaring they’ve got everything they wanted. People need to realise there is going to be an absolute minimum standard that will be accepted and any club who falls below that won’t get in.

15 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I suspect your right. If entry was guaranteed there would have been no need for the application process. This is another area Gordon Ronney and the WRJFA have muddied the waters in my view by declaring they’ve got everything they wanted. People need to realise there is going to be an absolute minimum standard that will be accepted and any club who falls below that won’t get in.

Gordon has secured entry by application for all west Junior clubs, other applications might not meet the basic criteria 

Thus why their desperate attempts to muddy the waters may actually lead to more clubs going under than had they simply let interested clubs leave than make everyone apply.

51 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Apples and pears .

East was a different scenario ,it did not involve all  60 East Junior clubs moving across en masse,therefore already ranked 1-60.

Super league teams 6,10,12 and 14 to 16 stayed Junior ,so that obviously skews the results.  8 out 16 Premier stayed Junior,again skewing the results etc .

So Wile E Coyote is right ,FOR THE WEST,it has to be serpentine , obviously accounting for the 5 'quirk' non-Junior clubs.

FOR THE EAST, Fairweather fan,BMan etc are right. The way they did it worked pretty much,the conferences were pretty evenly balanced, but it is a different scenario with 'missing' teams .

Edited by Doonhamer1969

23 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Gordon has secured entry by application for all west Junior clubs, other applications might not meet the basic criteria 

Has he or would they got in without his involvement? Are you really suggesting clubs who are not from the WRJ will be held to a different set of standards. You do know its not the SPFL running the show here?