Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, Lowland team said:

Marten.different matter i used to take my club to zaltbommell to play in a tournament called the st marteens cup do you know if v.v. zaltbommell still run this tournament,we went there for 10 years running.

No, they went bust just over 10 years ago.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

No, they went bust just over 10 years ago.

OH what a shame very nice people who actually came over to Edinburgh via seaham in county Durham to play in our tournaments.had the privilege to play against willi and rene van der kerkoff who where in charge of the team from p.s.v.happy days

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If this is accurate, all the Shortlees posts are an unnecessary tangent.

I only brought it up because someone listed Shortlees as a speculative applicant. Of course, we know some amateur clubs have applied - Glasgow Uni and Drumchapel. 

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Of course, I was just inferring that anyone like that twat upon hearing someone is a foreigner on the internet would immediately jump to the above chart in their head.

Not even just upon hearing someone is a foreigner tbh, also when someone is born and raised over here but has a dark skin. But then again, it's not like these people can actually think...

8 hours ago, Lowland team said:

Most probably!!!!!.but was also told their grounds are both non compliant as they would not meet the criteria 66 clubs will form the wosfl.

7 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Correct as things stand - however, only one of them is a full youth setup, and still has a good shot at acceptance IMO.

More posts to ponder from earlier today. Think Giffnock fit the bill on the club that might make it.

20 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

They play on a public park in a Killie scheme. They will not be anywhere near the LL.

https://goo.gl/maps/1nB9HEVRiCx7dMWf9

Match v Hurlford Thistle by looks of colours.

They don't normally play on that pitch, but they do play on a public park. That match was the league decider against Hurlford Thistle a year or two ago. There was a huge crowd at it, for an amateur league match anyway.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

They don't normally play on that pitch, but they do play on a public park. That match was the league decider against Hurlford Thistle a year or two ago. There was a huge crowd at it, for an amateur league match anyway.

I see from the AAFA site they're at Grange 3G more often than not. The above was their pitch a few years ago. The website has not updated it:

http://www.ayrshireafa.co.uk/TeamDirectories?div=6705&category=all&team=83749

Edited by cmontheloknow

Not even just upon hearing someone is a foreigner tbh, also when someone is born and raised over here but has a dark skin. But then again, it's not like these people can actually think...
You problem Martin mate is you can't spell your name right [emoji106][emoji6][emoji634]

Just now, superbigal said:

You problem Martin mate is you can't spell your name right emoji106.pngemoji6.pngemoji634.png

I even get that problem in The Netherlands as my name is not from the Dutch language, but from the Frisian language (the second official language in the country, spoken in 1 of the 12 provinces). And I don't even speak Frisian and never lived close to the area where it's spoken. :D 

Given the latest statement from the SFA that football is in hold until at least June 10th, then this season is effectively finished. The only thing that then needs to be sorted out is how the junior teams are ranked before placing them into conferences. Imo using average points per game to finalise the league placings is the least worst method. I certainly don't think it would be fair to use last season's finishing positions, even though we would benefit as we would be ranked higher than we are now.

Given the latest statement from the SFA that football is in hold until at least June 10th, then this season is effectively finished. The only thing that then needs to be sorted out is how the junior teams are ranked before placing them into conferences. Imo using average points per game to finalise the league placings is the least worst method. I certainly don't think it would be fair to use last season's finishing positions, even though we would benefit as we would be ranked higher than we are now.

Even though it would put my club at a disadvantage, points per game maybe the best way to decide.