Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

33 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

...It'll be over 20 years before they even get back to the top league in the East.

People would probably have come up with a longer timeframe than that for Crossgates Primrose when they went into abeyance. A lot can change quickly once the right people are in control at a club and sooner or later there will be a backlash against the decisions that have been made by certain West Lothian clubs.

Right all, apologies if already covered but...
Sorry been busy working long shifts so missed everything since 7th
I take it all west region teams applied to the WOS and who are the other applications or how many in total.

Next timeframe:    What is the next procedure. it is a certain date that the applications will be approved  ?and when is the announcement expected of how the league will work  ?  and whose in what division after the applications are sorted ?

Just murder looking back to find the information so a quick recap would be fantastic
http://slfl.co.uk/pyramid-statement-3/

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's hard to remember everything on this thread but I recall someone saying they were groundsharing with Renfrew next season

I picked up on a possible link but didn't know if it amounted to anything.

I have gone back and come up with this which doesn't seem to be a football share type of link-up:

https://twitter.com/centralmorrison/status/1239518393411174401

RenfrewFC Retweeted

Alan Calderwood MCBC

@centralmorrison

Great to see the fence erected

@RenfrewFC

- a great community partnership with

@Glasgow_Clyde

and one we are delighted to have helped to facilitate with our fellow community partners

@UniStrathclyde

#construction #constructioninthecommunity #morrisonconstruction #renfrewjuniors

image.png.218112c8e0ac435cce84372e99562e8a.png

image.png.b3346b9150e3f3a8312d4511fabe57c5.png

image.png

Edited by Dev

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

People would probably have come up with a longer timeframe than that for Crossgates Primrose when they went into abeyance. A lot can change quickly once the right people are in control at a club and sooner or later there will be a backlash against the decisions that have been made by certain West Lothian clubs.

The over 20 years is in reference to them being classed amongst Bonnyrigg, Kelty, Bo'ness and Linlithgow. And that just in terms of being a top team  in the East because Bonnyrigg and Kelty have moved on from that.

18 years since they avoided the Super League they haven't been a top team since. Now they've got at least another year junior, and two years minimum in the lower divisions of the EoSFL before they're even back to being in the top East league, let alone a top East team.

6 hours ago, Ian38018 said:

Just out of interest - has anyone seen any official response from  SJFA to the fact one of their regions, to all intents and purposes,  no longer exists?

Their last activity on twitter, was on March 17, to announce the Junior Cup semi-final draw.

Since then, nothing of any note in junior football appears to have occurred worth making a comment upon.

The Sound of Silence......

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Not a peep. Radio silence.

And they wonder why they're losing 70+ clubs from their leagues this summer on top of what they lost in the East over the past couple of years. emoji849.png

My sums say there will be 62 clubs playing 'Junior' football in Scotland next season.

Down from 158 in 2018 immediately pre-East exodus

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

To be honest f**k all wrong with those posts it's his opinion.  

He's posting as Shortlees Amateurs FC.

Pretty sure the committee of the club wouldnt want that racist,brain deid crap posted all over social media in their name.

Just on Strathclyde Uni, they and Cambria (their old boys) play at Stepps and can see no reason to relocate for any football purposes. Not exactly same neck of the woods. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Edited by cmontheloknow

27 minutes ago, Dev said:

I picked up on a possible link but didn't know if it amounted to anything.

I have gone back and come up with this which doesn't seem to be a football share type of link-up:

https://twitter.com/centralmorrison/status/1239518393411174401

RenfrewFC Retweeted

Alan Calderwood MCBC

@centralmorrison

Great to see the fence erected

@RenfrewFC

- a great community partnership with

@Glasgow_Clyde

and one we are delighted to have helped to facilitate with our fellow community partners

@UniStrathclyde

#construction #constructioninthecommunity #morrisonconstruction #renfrewjuniors

image.png.218112c8e0ac435cce84372e99562e8a.png

image.png.b3346b9150e3f3a8312d4511fabe57c5.png

image.png

The link up was nothing to do with matters on the park. Simply a helping hand with the fence installation at NWP.

37 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

He's posting as Shortlees Amateurs FC.

Pretty sure the committee of the club wouldnt want that racist,brain deid crap posted all over social media in their name.

That's the thing, I think they would. 

12 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That's the thing, I think they would. 

Well then you'd hope if they have applied that the Lowland League and WoSFL wouldn't want that type of reputation in their ranks. A discussion at minimum is required.

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Guess what, I'm not apologising for moving to Scotland, filling a job using skills that the company couldn't find locally (they tried!), contributing to the economy and paying my taxes. And btw, there are plenty of Scottish people working in/near my home city of Rotterdam doing the same the other way around (mainly in the ports over there).

Thankfully the vast majority of people here in Scotland have been very welcoming to me so the odd racist moron like Kenny doesn't change my positive experiences.

I wouldn't worry mate, in his mind's eye you're not one to worry about. He goes by other metrics.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I wouldn't worry mate, in his mind's eye you're not one to worry about. He goes by other metrics.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

When I lived down south, I have been verbally abused just because of having a foreign accent various times. I've had quite a few bad experiences, especially in 2016. Obviously other people have it worse, but plenty of racists don't just limit themselves to someone with a different skin colour...

Also online, especially back then, I had some abuse. But that was easily countered when all I started correcting the (often atrocious) grammar/spelling of these racists. They don't like it when their English gets corrected by people who have it as "only" their second language, or in my case third.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

When I lived down south, I have been verbally abused just because of having a foreign accent various times. I've had quite a few bad experiences, especially in 2016. Obviously other people have it worse, but plenty of racists don't just limit themselves to someone with a different skin colour...

Also online, especially back then, I had some abuse. But that was easily countered when all I started correcting the (often atrocious) grammar/spelling of these racists. They don't like it when their English gets corrected by people who have it as "only" their second language, or in my case third.

Marten.different matter i used to take my club to zaltbommell to play in a tournament called the st marteens cup do you know if v.v. zaltbommell still run this tournament,we went there for 10 years running.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well then you'd hope if they have applied that the Lowland League and WoSFL wouldn't want that type of reputation in their ranks. A discussion at minimum is required.

They play on a public park in a Killie scheme. They will not be anywhere near the LL.

https://goo.gl/maps/1nB9HEVRiCx7dMWf9

Match v Hurlford Thistle by looks of colours.

Edited by cmontheloknow

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

Of course, I was just inferring that anyone like that twat upon hearing someone is a foreigner on the internet would immediately jump to the above chart in their head.