Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just out of interest - has anyone seen any official response from  SJFA to the fact one of their regions, to all intents and purposes,  no longer exists?
Their last activity on twitter, was on March 17, to announce the Junior Cup semi-final draw.
Since then, nothing of any note in junior football appears to have occurred worth making a comment upon.

Not a peep. Radio silence.

And they wonder why they're losing 70+ clubs from their leagues this summer on top of what they lost in the East over the past couple of years. [emoji849]

15 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Agreed. Makes it even more daft that there is talk of moving the boundary line North.

Personally I think the boundry should be in between Perth and Stirling. Perth is the natural start od the Highlands geographically but moving it slightly towards Stirling makes an move even spread of teams north and south. And as for clubs north of the boundry choosing the league they go into. Tough you got relegated, deal with the consequences. 

3 minutes ago, james666 said:

Personally I think the boundry should be in between Perth and Stirling. Perth is the natural start od the Highlands geographically but moving it slightly towards Stirling makes an move even spread of teams north and south. And as for clubs north of the boundry choosing the league they go into. Tough you got relegated, deal with the consequences. 

So where would Auchterarder Primrose play, eh!

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

So where would Auchterarder Primrose play, eh

On a fitba Park!

It depends where the boundry was. What I was getting at was Brechin, quite clearly above the tay boundry wanting to go to the lowland league. Teams right on the boundry fair enough, but not a distance away

11 hours ago, Sunrise said:

I brought that up on the Shortlees thread on the amateurs forum at the time and had a very racist comment about burkas aimed at me emoji17.png

(Not necessarily by a Shortlees fan I add)

To be honest f**k all wrong with those posts it's his opinion.  

Giffnock SC don’t have a ground, do they? I thought they played at St Ninian’s in Eastwood Park - it’s just a fenced off school Astro. There is some space around it to develop I suppose.

They have a ground at Norwood playing fields at Dumbreck.

1 hour ago, BMan said:

I'm not sure the EoS is weaker as a result of the remaining WL clubs not joining. One WL EoS club has beat Cowdenbeath this season and played St.Mirren. Another was live on telly v Falkirk.

Certainly not weaker in terms of the strength of the top teams in the EOSFL Premier. But weaker in terms of the overall DNA of football in the East of Scotland in terms of cultural richness and diversity. 

7 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Certainly not weaker in terms of the strength of the top teams in the EOSFL Premier. But weaker in terms of the overall DNA of football in the East of Scotland in terms of cultural richness and diversity. 

DNA of football? Cultural richness and diversity?  we're talking West Lothian.............and a bunch of clubs who don't like the EoS or the pyramid too much.

Edited by BMan

4 minutes ago, BMan said:

DNA of football? Cultural richness and diversity?  we're talking West Lothian.............and a bunch of clubs who don't like the EoS or the pyramid too much.

One of the only parts of Scotland that wish March never ended.

Really? Cultural richness?

Its football, 11 v 11. Culture matters not.

There is no football dna....its kicking a ball about a park trying to outscore an opponent.

What makes your opinion better than his.....nothing. the old racism bigot pish is nonsense. Having millionsof young men flooding into the country is a cause for concern no matter how you paint it. 
And here was me thinking I'd seen it all on this thread.

I stand corrected.