Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Sorry no. It would only add to the LL logjam at Tiers 5 & 6.

The SPFL needs to open up an automatic relegation/promotion slot to the HFL/LL play-off winners, or to reorganise tiers 2, 3 and 4 (say 16 x 3) to provide more promotion opportunities at League 2, thereby giving additional protection to its existing clubs.  It would also be feasible to have a 2nd promotion/relegation spot, by having a play-off between : -

15th/2nd bottom club in (new) League 2  -v-   HFL/SLL  play-off losing club

^^^ does he understand that I posted what I suspect will happen not what I think should happen in an ideal world? Won't go any further in case it gets like the option Z stuff again when a lot of people who didn't grasp that sort of nuance to posts went completely postal on here. 

Meanwhile in the west, if Hurlford are viewed as confirmed in by the Kilmarnock local newspaper it only takes two more confirmation tweets to put the rump west region into single digits, which should convince any stragglers to do the sensible thing rather than the Whitburn thing and put in an application by the 7th.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

My guess would be that the boundary gets shifted to accomodate the wishes of the Angus clubs in the SPFL, the EoS clubs then say naw we still don't want them midweek games in Forfar are too  much of a hassle and a Tayside league then gets formed as a fourth LL feeder.

I say leave the boundary where it is.

There's already too much of an imbalance between the number of clubs feeding into the LL, currently 55, about to rise to around 120, and the number of clubs feeding into the HL, precisely nil.

56 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

.....'which should convince any stragglers to do the sensible thing rather than the Whitburn thing and put in an application by the 7th.'

Yes, or alternatively phone the ERJFA.

Or the Caledonian Amateur League....

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^ does he understand that I posted what I suspect will happen not what I think should happen in an ideal world? Won't go any further in case it gets like the option Z stuff again when a lot of people who didn't grasp that sort of nuance to posts went completely postal on here. 

Meanwhile in the west, if Hurlford are viewed as confirmed in by the Kilmarnock local newspaper it only takes two more confirmation tweets to put the rump west region into single digits, which should convince any stragglers to do the sensible thing rather than the Whitburn thing and put in an application by the 7th.

sorry a bit out of it,  what is the Whitburn thing ?

Not caught up with that side of things yet

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

From what Colin Boyd was saying in the Kilwinning Q&A everyone in the West Region is being told to apply for the WoSFL as there basically won't be a West Region next year.

And there isn't a Gordon Ronney type organising a Junior league. So there's nowhere for them to go.

Caledonian Amateur League, Central Scottish Amateur Football League, ERJFA.....plenty of options !

14 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

I say leave the boundary where it is.

There's already too much of an imbalance between the number of clubs feeding into the LL, currently 55, about to rise to around 120, and the number of clubs feeding into the HL, precisely nil.

Well said Doonhamer😊

2 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Auchinleck Talbot lodged application for West of Scotland league, and retain junior membership according to Ayrshire Post newspaper.

So where are we with this "retain junior membership" business?

Could the so-called "rump" junior clubs say "Sorry, folks - but this is a Junior Cup for Junior clubs only".  Or are we past that bit?

9 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Could the so-called "rump" junior clubs say "Sorry, folks - but this is a Junior Cup for Junior clubs only".  Or are we past that bit?

...........and whilst I am at it - Is there anything to prevent the likes of Kelty, Dunipace and Bonnyrigg Rose re-applying for Junior membership, solely to regain access to the Junior Cup?

(Apologies if that has been done to death earlier, but 1489 pages is a lot to keep up with).

1 minute ago, Ian38018 said:

...........and whilst I am at it - Is there anything to prevent the likes of Kelty, Dunipace and Bonnyrigg Rose re-applying for Junior membership, solely to regain access to the Junior Cup?

(Apologies if that has been done to death earlier, but 1489 pages is a lot to keep up with).

I think the more interesting question is can teams like Spartans, Berwick Rangers etc also apply rather than just ex juniors

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The EoS and LL might not be willing to accomodate clubs rejoining the SJFA given the way it would complicate their fixture lists. It's only confirmed for WoS clubs so far, if rules get changed at the next SJFA AGM.

So "if the rules get changed" is the important bit.  I assume this would be by a show of hands by delegates at the 2020 AGM? 

Do only the rump clubs attend and get a vote?  Or do those clubs nipping off to WoSL still attend the AGM - and hence vote upon the rule change? 

So that even if the remaining Junior clubs wish to retain the Junior Cup for Juniors only, they will be out-voted.

Also, do these WosL/Retained Junior status clubs get to attend each subsequent AGM, voting upon matters which (for the most part) do not concern them?

What a muddy puddle!

18 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

The North Region are asking for feedback from their members on the changes the West Region want and on the other issue of finishing the season.

I imagine the East Region will be asking their members the same with regards to the SJFA changes.

Nothing's been officially decided if the North are only now being asked. Of course its looking like all 63 West Region clubs will join the WoSFL so its possible there could be enough of them to push through the changes.

On the other issue of would the EoS clubs want to join the Junior Scottish Cup. Not only do they have 30 league games and the South Challenge Cup. More than half the league is going to be in the actual Scottish Cup due to licencing. They've then got their own EoS competitions on top of that. Simply (re)joining the SJFA for a cup doesn't seem to be that attractive a prospect for most of them.

The fact that the South Challenge Cup has gained a sponsor for the first time I know. They'd probably rather grow that competition or see the SFA create a national one to replace the South Challenge Cup.

The EoS and LL might not be willing to accomodate clubs rejoining the SJFA given the way it would complicate their fixture lists. It's only confirmed for WoS clubs so far, if rules get changed at the next SJFA AGM.
It wont complicate the eos or LL fixtures at all. The junior cup will have to fit around the league games in the eos and wosfl and current cup games. They are the priority fixtures.

I'm not sure Dunipace have an interest in the junior cup. Or sjfa membership.

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:
20 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

I'm not sure Dunipace have an interest in the junior cup. Or sjfa membership.

I did just pluck that name out of the air just as an example.   

But I am sure a number of the larger ex-ERSJFA clubs wistfully think back to Junior Cup tussles with West Region Big Lads, as something special lost.