Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

46 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In fairness I do think they have some vision. They had finished bottom of the Central Second a few times in the last decade, most recently in 2016. They would go on to win the last Central Second and were able to finish 10th in the West League One. This season they would of been relegated to League Two, but still there has been a recent turnaround.

They're just a bit blinkered in other aspects.

I get what you are saying Fairweather but when I mean vision, I'm not meaning vision to win a league or cup etc... more about their future prospects, stability, changes that may or may happen and to be ready to deal with them. How to stimulate more peoples interest in the club, getting more fans involved  I know junior teams who have worked on their youth academies for the past few years, putting in place for what is expected if and when they turn senior or possibility of turning senior.  I know junior teams right now, asking me for advice on their youth academies and what's the best way forward to gear up for the future.

Any team or chairman, manager committee men or fans for that matter who blame other teams for their problems when said team is leaving their grade to further their future prospects must have their head examined, we all know this was going to happen for not just the past few years but quite a few have been looking at it well before that.

Yes and look at Dunipace.
And we havent looked back since. New park, new league, new committee, new youth sides, new senior sides in our 19s and 20s and a fresh new outlook moving forward.

The club has travelled some distance in 2 years, players playing their trade at westfield that wouldnt have dreamt of it 2 to 3 years ago.

Long may the progress continue.....hopefully a senior scottish cup debut next season aswell (if we get one that is!)

Is big Rangers man 8MileBU adding anything of note to this thread other than crying about coloured circles?

I have him on my Ignore List so only see quoted posts when someone replies to him.

Edited by Marshmallo

44 minutes ago, Dev said:

This is what Hurlford United, Lanark United and Annbank  United have shown in the past. Strong clues?

From what Colin Boyd was saying in the Kilwinning Q&A everyone in the West Region is being told to apply for the WoSFL as there basically won't be a West Region next year.

And there isn't a Gordon Ronney type organising a Junior league. So there's nowhere for them to go.

57 minutes ago, Wee Albert said:

the new leagues may benefit the smaller clubs in the short term but realistically after three seasons the bigger clubs will again be in the top leagues leaving the leagues more or less the way they were.

Sure, but is there any way you'll be worse off? Only a minority of east, west or south clubs have a realistic prospect of making tier 5. For the rest, things aren't any worse than they were before, and can be better. I keep saying, look at clubs of the same size in the east - they're generally thriving.

And if you have the capacity to be licensed, which isn't beyond anyone, then it opens up huge cup opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

From what Colin Boyd was saying in the Kilwinning Q&A everyone in the West Region is being told to apply for the WoSFL as there basically won't be a West Region next year.

And there isn't a Gordon Ronney type organising a Junior league. So there's nowhere for them to go.

That's pretty bad if true. I don't understand why any club wouldn't want to make the move across and don't envisage anyone being any worse off (at the very least), but for any clubs who don't want to join the WoS they're either looking at 1) joining ERJFA or NRJFA, 2) going amateur, 3) trying to join the EoS or SoS, or 4) folding, unless I'm missing something. Really poor to mandate their membership to do something like that.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

That's pretty bad if true. I don't understand why any club wouldn't want to make the move across and don't envisage anyone being any worse off (at the very least), but for any clubs who don't want to join the WoS they're either looking at 1) joining ERJFA or NRJFA, 2) going amateur, 3) trying to join the EoS or SoS, or 4) folding, unless I'm missing something. Really poor to mandate their membership to do something like that.

I get the impression they see it as doing them a favour. #TogetherStronger seems to be Ronney's stance.

1 hour ago, Wee Albert said:

Unfortunately you have no idea of our club our how we have managed to keep it running for so long under extreme financial restraints

but these restraints we have embraced and move our club from a perennial bottom two finishing club to a club with a little success.

we are not lacking ambition we are realistic on what we can do.

the new leagues may benefit the smaller clubs in the short term but realistically after three seasons the bigger clubs will again be in the top leagues leaving the leagues more or less the way they were.

You shouldn't be any worse off though, so nothing really to fear.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Perhaps West Lothian will wander into Tayside.

The north/south split will remain in the ERJFA, WL teams don't want to travel to Tayside.

It's frustrating that this is the only area currently not talked about in pyramid discussions anywhere. Hopefully there can be a solution soon. In my opinion, a joint Grampian/Tayside superleague is the way to go, gives some more variety in opposition and it wouldn't be a bad league.

My guess would be that the boundary gets shifted to accomodate the wishes of the Angus clubs in the SPFL, the EoS clubs then say naw we still don't want them midweek games in Forfar are too  much of a hassle and a Tayside league then gets formed as a fourth LL feeder.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

My guess would be that the boundary gets shifted to accomodate the wishes of the Angus clubs in the SPFL, the EoS clubs then say naw we still don't want them midweek games in Forfar are too  much of a hassle and a Tayside league then gets formed as a fourth LL feeder.

My guess is that there will be no relegation from the SPFL this season, and the question will go away until the next Angus club is in danger.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Sorry no. It would only add to the LL logjam at Tiers 5 & 6.

The SPFL needs to open up an automatic promotion slot to the HFL/LL play-off winners, or alternatively to reorganise tiers 2, 3 and 4 (say 16 x 3 clubs) to provide more promotion opportunities into League 2, from Tier 5 clubs. It would also give additional protection to its existing SPFL clubs.

Also, it would be feasible to have a 2nd Tier 5 promotion spot, by having a play-off between : -          15th/2nd bottom club in (new) League 2  -v-   HFL/SLL  play-off losing club

Edited by Robert James
additional question added and typo

The north/south split will remain in the ERJFA, WL teams don't want to travel to Tayside.
It's frustrating that this is the only area currently not talked about in pyramid discussions anywhere. Hopefully there can be a solution soon. In my opinion, a joint Grampian/Tayside superleague is the way to go, gives some more variety in opposition and it wouldn't be a bad league.
Pmed you Marten

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

(2) The pessimistic wee man from Royal Albert told us they don't pay their players, so they are already amateur.

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

With the creation of the WoSFL you're already seeing calls for more promotion chances to the Lowland League.. So I wouldn't say its all that likely a fourth feeder is created regardless of what happens.

If the boundary was to change. The Tayside clubs would be told to apply to the EoSFL and probably end up as a North Division at the bottom of the set up. And I don't see the boundary changing.