Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

To be honest I've not been following the proposals for the WoS League and I can't find any concise posts setting it out simply for someone who's haufdaft.

I do enjoy going to watch EK Thistle when I'm not following my "big team" so today's tweet made me curious.

Hopefully someone will tell me:

1) How many teams are currently set to join the WoS League?

2) Will there be WoS Leagues 1 and 2?

Doonhamer,...You didn't see the chaps worried that the SoSL position in the grand scheme of things is to be changed just because a new league is being formed with those pesky juniors in it ?

Oh,...and as for Marshy...he is a well-known fruitloop who would cause a stooshie in an empty hoose. Just ignore him. Everybody else does.

30 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

To be honest I've not been following the proposals for the WoS League and I can't find any concise posts setting it out simply for someone who's haufdaft.

I do enjoy going to watch EK Thistle when I'm not following my "big team" so today's tweet made me curious.

Hopefully someone will tell me:

1) How many teams are currently set to join the WoS League?

2) Will there be WoS Leagues 1 and 2?

1) Around 50 have publicly confirmed that they have applied so far.

2)4 or even possibly 5 conference leagues all at Tier 6 (for one season) is how its looking at the moment.

Edited by Doonhamer1969

4 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Doonhamer,...You didn't see the chaps worried that the SoSL position in the grand scheme of things is to be changed just because a new league is being formed with those pesky juniors in it ?

Oh,...and as for Marshy...he is a well-known fruitloop who would cause a stooshie in an empty hoose. Just ignore him. Everybody else does.

Yes, the fruitloopery is full to bursting within him.

Red dot coming...1...2...3....

(He just red dotted 5 of my posts in rapid succession)

34 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Yes, but as they are in D&G they should/would relegate into SoS, unless it is arranged/stated otherwise.

All relegation leagues are agreed at start of each season. east kilbride and caledonian braves would go to their league of origin sos.gretna dalbettie star as it stands would drop to eos thats where they came from.but that might change for these 4 clubs with the wos starting up.would also include Cumberland colts and bsc in that as well 

12 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

All relegation leagues are agreed at start of each season. east kilbride and caledonian braves would go to their league of origin sos.gretna dalbettie star as it stands would drop to eos thats where they came from.but that might change for these 4 clubs with the wos starting up.would also include Cumberland colts and bsc in that as well 

EK, Gretna, Dalbeattie and Braves are all down to be relegated to the SoS this year. The other 12 clubs go to the EoS.

14 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Dalbeattie came from SoS.

4 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Dalbettie were playing in the eos when the lowland league was formed they were one of the original 10 whom started.

They had been in the EoS, but had returned to the  SoS.

They won the SoS twice in succession immediately before joining the LL.

Edited by Doonhamer1969

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Mostly because the League is in the South WEST of Scotland 

And that would be relevant if they were setting up a South West Scotland League. But it's a West of Scotland League, which means it doesn't cover Kirkcudbright any more than it covers Fort William.

Besides, I wouldn't say Moffat, Lockerbie, Lochmaben, Dumfries of New Abbey are in the South West of Scotland anyway. Dumfries is further east than Falkirk while Lockerbie is as far east as Edinburgh airport.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

And that would be relevant if they were setting up a South West Scotland League. But it's a West of Scotland League, which means it doesn't cover Kirkcudbright any more than it covers Fort William.

Besides, I wouldn't say Moffat, Lockerbie, Lochmaben, Dumfries of New Abbey are in the South West of Scotland anyway. Dumfries is further east than Falkirk while Lockerbie is as far east as Edinburgh airport.

Yup.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayrshire-football-10k-pledged-one-21802608.amp?__twitter_impression=true

A staggering £10k was pledged in one day after an Ayrshire Junior football side launched a floodlights fundraiser.

Irvine Meadow are asking fans and businesses to commit to a loan as they seek the £70k it will cost to install floodlights at their home ground, Meadow Park.

The fundraising campaign - dubbed the 70 Club - kicked off just yesterday (April 1) but the coffers are already £10,000 to the good.

A spokesperson for the club said: "We are trying to get 70 people , groups of people, or companies to commit to making a loan ( in multiples of minimum of £1000) so that this total can be raised.

"The Floodlight installation will probably take place in the Summer close down of 2021, so funds will not be required until then."

Floodlights would enable Meadow to play in the senior Scottish Cup and the plan is to pay back the individual loans from income raised from those ties.

The spokesperson added: "If we get a Ground Licence the SFA pays us an annual payment of around £8000.

"In addition we get £2000 for playing in each of the first two Preliminary Rounds and this increases if we are able to get to the first round proper.

"There is also Gate money and the possibility of TV money."

The club believe it won't take long to repay the loans, although this will need to be on an annual agreed basis.

In order to entice people to invest they are considering offering a 2two per cent return on the loan.

"Current Bank saving interest is only 0.1% , so we are offering 20 times this," said the spokesperson.

"The club does not wish to be in debt, however by implementing this interest payment it will focus the club to ensure loans are repaid asap.

"We launched this appeal on Wednesday, April 1 and already have £10,000 pledged."