Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Consultations at e.g. Irvine Meadow XI and Shotts Bon Accord should be complete now or before 31st March.

31 Clubs which have Applied so far/have said that they will be applying:

Premiership (6) Championship (11) League One (8) League Two (5) Others (1)
Clydebank Arthurlie Bellshill Athletic Ashfield Drumchapel Utd PYM
Glenafton Athletic Blantyre Victoria Glasgow Perthshire Johnstone Burgh  
Kilwinning Rangers Cambuslang Rangers Greenock Juniors Newmains United  
Kirkintilloch Rob Roy Cumbernauld United Kello Rovers Vale of Clyde  
Pollok Darvel Larkhall Thistle Vale of Leven  
Rutherglen Glencairn Gartcairn Juniors Maryhill    
  Kilsyth Rangers Port Glasgow Juniors    
  Neilston Juniors Royal Albert    
  Petershill      
  Renfrew      
  Whitletts Victoria      

Not known to have applied so far:      
Auchinleck Talbot Craigmark Burntonians Ardrossan Winton Rovers Annbank United  
Beith Juniors Dalry Thistle Carluke Rovers Ardeer Thistle  
Benburb Irvine Victoria East Kilbride Thistle Forth Wanderers  
Cumnock Juniors Shotts Bon Accord Girvan Lugar Boswell Thistle  
Hurlford United St Roch's Lanark United Maybole Juniors   
Irvine Meadow XI   Lesmahagow Juniors Muirkirk Juniors  
Kilbirnie Ladeside   Shettleston Saltcoats Victoria  
Largs Thistle   Wishaw Juniors St Anthony's  
Rossvale     Thorniewood United  
Troon     Yoker Athletic  

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Does anyone know why[mention=20881] Marshmallo[/mention] (the League 1 Falkirk fan 🤯) follows Burnieman around this place giving him red dots? Are there any other victims of the Mallo-melt’s red dots here?

I get them quite regular.

2 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

They are obviously getting geared up for their exciting West Lothian Junior “Mickey Mouse” League 2020/21 season in their crazy self-inflicted football bubble.

Just two days to escape such madness but little hope that any common sense will prevail.

It will then be high time to leave matters be and hope that the “winds of change and common sense”  start to blow in West Lothian in 12 months time.

I wonder how future football historians will look back on this episode?

With a large amount of utter disbelief .

1 minute ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

I wonder how future football historians will look back on this episode?

With a large amount of utter disbelief .

Actually it will probably be looked upon in the same way as the Intermediate Dispute is - with general indifference.

15 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

What about your team, Bathgate Thistle?

I really have no idea.  I am just a fan (and, due to geography, not even a terribly regular one).

I think the club may just stick for the present, but I do not doubt the EoSL will be the eventual home.

Edited by Ian38018

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Does anyone know why[mention=20881] Marshmallo[/mention] (the League 1 Falkirk fan 🤯) follows Burnieman around this place giving him red dots? Are there any other victims of the Mallo-melt’s red dots here?

The guy is the biggest pain on P&B. NB who is regular on Whitehill Welfare thread gets red dots with every post he writes. I’ve had a number since I questioned questioned about it.

No crime, but I wish he was banned from P&B for a wee time of about 10 years!

21 hours ago, energyzone said:

I didn't see that article sorry. Kilwinning's Facebook page had an official post which sort of implied it was still to be decided:-

Latest from the Pyramid Working Group

We have already applied but as of yet haven’t offered our resignation to the SJFA, we had planned to have a supporters meeting once the details of the new league came out but due to the circumstances we don’t see this happening soon.

We will setup a facebook live Q & A this week.

It’ll be this week, the members and fans we’d talked to casually prior to putting in the application (and before the lockdown) were happy to move on without the SJFA, as the only option at that time was to resign from the SJFA and join a new league, we still haven’t received anything from the SJFA regarding rule changes about dual association membership and cup participation and haven’t heard from the Lowland League regarding the formation the Scottish Junior Cup will take within the WOSFL, The East and North Juniors need to ok it, rules need changed and an AGM needs to happen to achieve all that. 

We’d already made our plans long before the WRJFA made any compromises with the Lowland League and the committee don’t see any benefit in continuing the SJFA membership when only several weeks ago our representative at the PWG said no West clubs were interested in Pyramid football, our goal is to become a licensed club within the SFA structure.

...we still haven’t received anything from the SJFA regarding rule changes about dual association membership and cup participation and haven’t heard from the Lowland League regarding the formation the Scottish Junior Cup will take within the WOSFL, The East and North Juniors need to ok it, rules need changed and an AGM needs to happen to achieve all that.

I'm not sure you'll hear anything from the Lowland League regarding the formation the Scottish Junior Cup will take within the WoSFL. It really isn't any of their concern. The fixtures would need to be fitted in around their statutory competitions, but the LL won't be organising that.

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not sure you'll hear anything from the Lowland League regarding the formation the Scottish Junior Cup will take within the WoSFL. It really isn't any of their concern. The fixtures would need to be fitted in around their statutory competitions, but the LL won't be organising that.

They’ll have to appoint dates, and end of season deadlines 

Yes, for their own competitions. I'm not convinced that the LL-WoSFL will take anything to do with the dates for the Scottish Junior Cup, other than to give a list of dates where the games can't be played. I expect a lot of the Scottish Junior Cup games will have to be played in midweek, which makes me wonder whether it is practical for the WoSFL teams to take part in it.

33 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Not quite.

Leagues - Scottish Cup (Alex Jack slots in here) - South Challenge Cup get dates set in stone for their first attempt.

For something like the Qualifying Cup, League Cup and King Cup (lower divisions only). There's a guideline but you will find at least a round unspecified until a later date.

image.png.a3115b27ca3ab7b8540cc137e118968e.png

First, Second and Third Round took place across 17th Aug, 21st Sep, 12th Oct, 9th Nov, 12th Nov, 13th Nov, 19th Nov, 30th Nov, 3rd Dec, 18th Jan, 28th Jan, 18th Feb. Still has an outstanding Third Round tie. 

image.png.ff9516b8f1b36044000424b27090f2eb.png

First & Second Round had games take place on 18th Jan, 19 Feb, 4th March, 6th March, 7th March, 10th March, 11th March and 4th April. There's still two outstanding Second Round games to be played with one that was set to be played on Wednesday 8th April.

image.png.ab3804fb1b903580b9943eb58daae09d.png

Started in November scattershot as well. Doesn't seem fair to list them all as its only a competition for lower divisions.

EDITED: Included the dates for the Qualifying Cup and EoS League Cup as that's the sort of space that the Junior Cup and WoS League Cup will have to fit into the calendar. As you can see all the dates are all over the place. In the first season it can probably get by using the Scottish Cup dates to set specific dates in the calendar, but then clubs start getting licenced.

Oh, and while those cups are all over the place and squeezed in where possible. Compare to the South Challenge Cup.

image.png.e3e8a14105d0649dcac64e55592c0796.png

First Round - 24th August
Second Round - 13th-15th September
Third Round - 12th October
Fourth Round - 8th-9th November
Fifth Round - 6th-7th March

Edited by FairWeatherFan

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Yes me, but I decided 'Marshy' is someone who can't cope with rationale debate, and is best ignored.

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

He red dotted about 60 of my posts in a row at one point and still does occasionally. My crime appeared to be posting a lot about the implications of option z as that was misunderstood (not just by him) as meaning I supported it. Think Bman fell into disfavour because he was perceived to be backing what was good for Blackburn rather than what was good for the pyramid where tier 7 EoS conferences for next season are concerned. Bottom line is that coloured dots are not something to lose any sleep over.

From the above, I see that the Lurker and BM have also been targeted , but I guess neither of them  "will lose any sleep" about it.

42 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Back on AJC, makes sense if West sides want to qualify for the big Scottish from it that it takes place on AJC/big Scottish/Alba Cup dates (thse basically match up just now).

Which is fine enough in year one except for Girvan and Banks O'Dee since it doesn't look like there will be any qualifiers from the Juniors in 2020-21. In subsequent years it becomes a problem with more teams becoming licenced and playing the early rounds.