Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is the post Cmontheloknow was referring to. The poster is linked to Heston.

No it is not the poster I was referring to, I was referring to Hoss from Newton Stewart. I have a vague recollection of him saying something similar but I lose track!

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The date was extended to 7th April, was it not?

CLARIFICATION

The closing date for applications to the West of Scotland Football League has been extended to the 7th April

The closing date for applications to the East of Scotland Football League is still the 31st March (according to its website

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

No it is not the poster I was referring to, I was referring to Hoss from Newton Stewart. I have a vague recollection of him saying something similar but I lose track!

Regardless given the talk about geographical integrity  in one of the early WoS related press releases that was issued by the LL, I suspect it's only Bonnyton that are likely to get in, if they do apply and that list probably does explain how there could be 52.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's also not clear that staying in the SJFA is OK in that context given it is the LL rather than the EoS that are driving things in the west. Hopefully, the West Lothian juniors put applications in by the 31st. Would hate to think that it's still a case of a bitter Blackburn vs the rest divide at the Bathgate-Armadale-Whitburn-Fauldhouse end of the county.

Absolutely no bitterness from anyone I know  from all the West Lothian clubs. Still have good friends at all the clubs and total respect for everyone at all the clubs. Yes it would be great to be playing local rivals competitively but at the same time it's for each club to decide what they do. 

Absolutely no bitterness from anyone I know  from all the West Lothian clubs. Still have good friends at all the clubs and total respect for everyone at all the clubs. Yes it would be great to be playing local rivals competitively but at the same time it's for each club to decide what they do. 
You just want to get back to pumping Whitburn [emoji23]

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Agree it would be the logical destination but blazers don't easily give up their fiefdoms. 63 WRSJFA + Drumchapel United + Bonnyton Thistle? + Glasgow Uni? is the probable destination in the short term

Wishful thinking ,and probably unlikely, but I hope Oban Saints apply.

It is an SFA Community Quality Mark club. 

3 hours ago, BMan said:
6 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:
Passed Central Park,Whitburn on a "daily" walk the other day and to my astonishment heard work being undertaken I.e the sound of a stihl saw.
Looked thru the turnstile next to the social club and it looks like Whitburn are putting an entrance or turnstile into and behind the "shed" on the Lomond Crescent side of the ground.
All in all in the last few yrs at Central park theres been new changing rooms erected,new steel main gates with "Central Park 1934" on them also a 40 seater stand plus 2 new dugouts and now the new entrance/turnstile into the shed.
Seems a lot of work being done just to stay where they are in the ERJFA!!

There are pics on their Facebook page showing the enclosure has been completely refurbished inside. New slabbed paving over 5 or 6 steps. No longer a death trap, looks very good, a lot of work by the looks of it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/592277167510532?view=permalink&id=3708973362507548&anchor_composer=false

1 hour ago, BMan said:
1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:
It's also not clear that staying in the SJFA is OK in that context given it is the LL rather than the EoS that are driving things in the west. Hopefully, the West Lothian juniors put applications in by the 31st. Would hate to think that it's still a case of a bitter Blackburn vs the rest divide at the Bathgate-Armadale-Whitburn-Fauldhouse end of the county.

Bitter? Bitter about what exactly?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What's with the bitter Blackburn line?

I think he means the divide is bitter, not that Blackburn are bitter.

Nothing bitter from our side. I hope the remaining WL clubs join the EoS soon and we can renew old rivalries. Two days left to get applications in.

2 minutes ago, BMan said:
1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Nothing bitter from our side. I hope the remaining WL clubs join the EoS soon and we can renew old rivalries. Two days left to get applications in.

I know.

Edited by GordonS

2 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

They are obviously getting geared up for their exciting West Lothian Junior “Mickey Mouse” League 2020/21 season in their crazy self-inflicted football bubble.

Just two days to escape such madness but little hope that any common sense will prevail.

It will then be high time to leave matters be and hope that the “winds of change and common sense”  start to blow in West Lothian in 12 months time.

I wonder how future football historians will look back on this episode?

Edited by Pyramidic

40 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Does anyone know why[mention=20881] Marshmallo[/mention] (the League 1 Falkirk fan 🤯) follows Burnieman around this place giving him red dots? Are there any other victims of the Mallo-melt’s red dots here?

He red dotted about 60 of my posts in a row at one point and still does occasionally. My crime appeared to be posting a lot about the implications of option z as that was misunderstood (not just by him) as meaning I supported it. Think Bman fell into disfavour because he was perceived to be backing what was good for Blackburn rather than what was good for the pyramid where tier 7 EoS conferences for next season are concerned. Bottom line is that coloured dots are not something to lose any sleep over.

The current list of 31 clubs that propose to join the WoSFL:

1. Clydebank (SJFA West Region Premiership)

2. Kilwinning Rangers (SJFA West Region Premiership)

3. Rutherglen Glencairn (SJFA West Region Premiership)

4. Bellshill Athletic (SJFA West League One)

5. Drumchapel United (Central Scottish Amateur Premier Division)

6. Neilston Juniors (SJFA West Region Championship)

7. Maryhill (SJFA West League One)

8. Kello Rovers (SJFA West League One)

9. Blantyre Victoria (SJFA West Region Championship)

10. Kirkintilloch Rob Roy (SJFA West Region Premiership)

11. Vale of Clyde (SJFA West League Two)

12. Renfrew (SJFA West Region Championship)

13. Royal Albert (SJFA West League One)

14. Arthurlie (SJFA West Region Championship)

15. Newmains United (SJFA West League Two)

16. Kilsyth Rangers (SJFA West Region Championship)

17. Whitletts Victoria (SJFA West Region Championship)

18. Gartcairn Juniors (SJFA West Region Championship)

19. Cambuslang Rangers  (SJFA West Region Championship)

20. Cumbernauld United (SJFA West Region Championship)

21. Glasgow Perthshire (SJFA West League One)

22. Ashfield (SJFA West League Two)

23. Petershill (SJFA West Region Championship)

24. Greenock Juniors (SJFA West League One)

25. Larkhall Thistle (SJFA West League One)

26. Port Glasgow Juniors (SJFA West League One)

27. Pollok (SJFA West Region Premiership)

28. Darvel Juniors (SJFA West Region Championship)

29. Vale of Leven (SJFA West League Two)

30. Glenafton Athletic (SJFA West Region Premiership)

31. Johnstone Burgh (SJFA West League Two)

SJFA West Region Premiership (6 clubs)

Auchinleck Talbot; Beith Juniors; Benburb; Clydebank; Cumnock Juniors; Glenafton Athletic; Hurlford United; Irvine Meadow; Kilbirnie Ladeside; Kilwinning Rangers; Kirkintilloch Rob Roy; Largs Thistle; Pollok; Rossvale; Rutherglen Glencairn; Troon

SJFA West Region Championship (11 clubs)

Arthurlie; Blantyre Victoria; Cambuslang Rangers; Craigmark Burntonians; Cumbernauld United; Dalry Thistle; Darvel Juniors; Gartcairn Juniors; Irvine Victoria; Kilsyth Rangers; Neilston Juniors; Petershill; Renfrew; Shotts Bon Accord; St Roch's; Whitletts Victoria

SJFA West Region League One (8 clubs)

Ardrossan Winton Rovers; Bellshill Athletic; Carluke Rovers; East Kilbride Thistle; Girvan; Glasgow Perthshire; Greenock Juniors; Kello Rovers; Lanark United; Larkhall Thistle; Lesmahagow; Maryhill; Port Glasgow; Royal Albert; Shettleston; Wishaw Juniors

SJFA West Region League Two (5 clubs)

Annbank United; Ardeer Thistle; Ashfield; Forth Wanderers; Johnstone Burgh; Lugar Boswell Thistle; Maybole Juniors; Muirkirk Juniors; Newmains United; Saltcoats Victoria; St Anthony's; Thorniewood United; Vale of Clyde; Vale of Leven; Yoker Athletic

South of Scotland League (0 clubs)

Abbey Vale; Bonnyton Thistle; Caledonian Braves Res; Creetown; Heston Rovers; Lochar Thistle; Lochmaben; Mid-Annandale; Newton Stewart; Nithsdale Wanderers; St Cuthbert Wanderers; Stranraer Res; Threave Rovers; Upper Annandale; Wigtown & Bladnoch

Amateurs (1 club)

Drumchapel United PYM; Glasgow University; Oban Saints; Strathclyde University

More applicants to follow to be added to the growing list!

Edited by Pyramidic