Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

7 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I never said specifically Juniors I meant forum members in general.  

I don't know do they have no other staff at all? do any clubs rent their stadiums or all own their own.  Don't KRR hire someone else's ground? is this game by game or are they still expected to pay for the season? I don't claim to be an expert on the clubs at this level.  Do Junior clubs not pay bills on your stadiums, maintenance,  insurance, electricity, water, council tax etc presumably the government get their share in some kind of business taxes?

Honestly if Talbots only overhead during this time is player wages then please let us all know how you've managed it?

I don't have any knowledge of these things pal. Hence my question. 

The public liability insurance I can understand but assuming the premises will not be occupied except for someone checking it from time to time, I'm struggling to see how the bills will be enough to put clubs to the wall. The utility companies will see a lot of default payments form everywhere, taxes have been delayed and maintenance will be little to nothing given the lack of use. Of course it is not a good scenario but I'm doubtful there will be anyone banging on the door threatening to foreclose.

All that is caveated with the fact I'm guessing but I hope I'm right.

8 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

From the 17 years of the West Super League, one of the winners has applied.

Woopy fucking doo.

One of the winners has announced that they have applied.

The others haven't said anything yet.

55 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Woopy fucking doo.

Here's a wee prediction, Carluke will be where everyone else is in 5 years time. Or out of business. There is zero reason to not apply apart from bloody-mindedness. Not one will be turned down. Drumchapel Utd PYM  play at a 3g cage!

image.thumb.png.c501bebb01d9787a0b82aa46a65b28ea.png

Edited by cmontheloknow

45 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Woopy fucking doo.

1/6 publicly applied. Likes of Meadow are having a meeting on it they've been trying to organise under the circumstances.

Think Talbot, Glenafton, and Pollok all made notes of interest previously.

Not sure on Beith. Can't recall anything being said about them.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

1/6 publicly applied. Likes of Meadow are having a meeting on it they've been trying to organise under the circumstances.

Cannot see a single top flight club sitting this one out. Anyone that misses the bus here will have deliberately turned the other way to not see it.

They’ve mostly all applied, dont worry.

45 minutes ago, glensmad said:

One of the winners has announced that they have applied.

The others haven't said anything yet.

The winners over the last 17 years are :

Auchinleck Talbot              6

Beith                                        2

Glenafton Athletic              1

Irvine Meadow                     3

Kilwinning Rangers           1

Pollok                                      4

According to Inanimate Carbon Rod, they have all applied already ?

Edited by Robert James

Drumchapel Utd applying is an interesting one. Afaik they’ve basically taken over Donald Dewar. Also an SFA Quality Mark platinum club so been doing a lot of work in the community. There’s definitely an opportunity there to leap above clubs west of Glasgow. Their 19s folded and 21s struggling this year so that might also help attract new interest. 

Donald Dewar is just your standard astro pitch with High fence Round it. Not sure what the criteria is for facilities but you wouldn’t get a barrier round the pitch without considerable work on moving the big fence back. No terracing or standing area either. But the potential is there if they have a bit of money behind them to make a decent club. 

Edited by BTID

Correct, the other option already has 63 applicants and are willing to accept others.

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Cannot see a single top flight club sitting this one out. Anyone that misses the bus here will have deliberately turned the other way to not see it.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I'm absolutely certain the top flight in particular will sign up. When the East Region moved it was also Kennoway that never went that were able. It's taken them two years but they finally have.

It's the biggest clubs that have the most to lose if they don't stick together.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They play in the Central Scottish Amateur League's Premier Division. Probably considered to be the strongest league in the amateurs due to Colville Park, Harestanes success in the Amateur Cup.

And they are the team that plays out of the Donald Dewar Centre. No idea what its like, but they've obviously put in their due diligence so it must be close enough to meet the ground criteria. Unless they have something else up their sleeve.

I'm glad to see them go through with it. I was having my doubts after they showed that initial interest.

EDIT: They added another tweet to that. Looks like they might drop the PYM for the WOSFL and just go by Drumchapel United. With the possible continuation in the amateurs as well.

Donald Dewar center is very similar to that of Huntershill where Rossvale used to play, The dressing rooms, (public) are located beside the park and the park if fences off by similar fencing to that of Huntershill. Excellent park right enough but so is Huntershill

Correct, the other option already has 63 applicants and are willing to accept others.

Ah, I see what you did there.

It is quite something that the top West Juniors who originally thought they would be going in a Tier 5 might now have to enter at Tier 7 or even 8.

It is quite something that the top West Juniors who originally thought they would be going in a Tier 5 might now have to enter at Tier 7 or even 8.
All that the West Juniors want is to enter at Tier 6, 7, 8, and 9. That's all. Ready made system, a few tweaks and it's ready to go.

1 minute ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
9 minutes ago, edinabear said:

All that the West Juniors want is to enter at Tier 6, 7, 8, and 9. That's all. Ready made system, a few tweaks and it's ready to go.

Point is if talbot, Cumnock, Beith, glenafton etc don't get a move on they could be starting a couple leagues further down than originally thought. 

Point is if talbot, Cumnock, Beith, glenafton etc don't get a move on they could be starting a couple leagues further down than originally thought. 

Not if they all move in the one block. Which is what is being proposed by the WRSJFA.

Move in with current 4 leagues.

Integrate any new applicants to a suitable league within that system.

Allow all clubs to retain their membership of the SJFA if they wish.

Allow participation of the SJFA Scottish Junior Cup to those clubs.

Other clubs coming into the existing 4 leagues do not need to join the SJFA.

What's the problem?

Should also add that it means the current WRSJFA management will no longer exist and a new management/board will be set up by the new WOSL.

Some of the juniors don't want to go though, according to the only vote which has been held.

A lot of Junior clubs have sent in applications to the Lowland but a lot of Junior clubs are not interested.

I see Drumchapel United have applied so where do they fit in, what about Bonnyton or Glasgow University or the other clubs who don't play Junior.

Some of the juniors don't want to go though, according to the only vote which has been held.
What vote?
Clubs were asked if they wanted to stay together. They said yes.
But ask yourself this, if 57 clubs left to join a new WOSL, why would 6 clubs think it would be in their best interests to remain?