Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

So if I'm understanding right, you have to apply to the WoS league to join the pyramid. If you don't apply you're still going to be playing in a pyramid league, against other teams who want to be part of the pyramid and could potentially finish ahead of one of these teams in the league? Does that mean that only the bottom tier will be for those clubs who don't apply, or will there be movement between the leagues below Lowland League level (surely if there is then that makes these teams de facto part of the pyramid?). As to the Junior Cup, I take it this staying Junior thing is for current clubs only but what about current East Clubs who have applied to the East of Scotland League?

Not really getting what you mean but you are not in the pyramid if not in the WoSL. WR will cease to exist if all 63 clubs apply. It will live on otherwise and will be as in the pyramid as the present East Junior leagues, i.e. not at all. Clubs have until 7/4 to apply or else.  Else what I do not know? I guess it depends how many want to play at being Whitburn & Fauldhouse.

Edited by cmontheloknow

So if I'm understanding right, you have to apply to the WoS league to join the pyramid. If you don't apply you're still going to be playing in a pyramid league, against other teams who want to be part of the pyramid and could potentially finish ahead of one of these teams in the league? Does that mean that only the bottom tier will be for those clubs who don't apply, or will there be movement between the leagues below Lowland League level (surely if there is then that makes these teams de facto part of the pyramid?). As to the Junior Cup, I take it this staying Junior thing is for current clubs only but what about current East Clubs who have applied to the East of Scotland League?
Eh ? [emoji848]

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Not really getting what you mean but you are not in the pyramid if not in the WoSL. WR will cease to exist if all 63 clubs apply. It will live on otherwise and will be as in the pyramid as the present East Junior leagues, i.e. not at all. Clubs have until 7/4 to apply or else.  Else what I do not know? I guess it depends how many want to play at being Whitburn & Fauldhouse.

Correction... if you are not playing in the newly agreed wosl.you will be playing outside the prymid.clubs can retain their junior fa membership to allow them to compete in the junior cup.its that simple.

So basically the Juniors have agreed for a West of Scotland feeder to administered by LL/Eofs and Juniors who want to join can whilst the rest can stay in the junior league if they want? Is this not exactly where we were when this was first suggested? 

The Juniors move en masse idea seems to have been jettisoned 

1 minute ago, edinabear said:

So basically the Juniors have agreed for a West of Scotland feeder to administered by LL/Eofs and Juniors who want to join can whilst the rest can stay in the junior league if they want? Is this not exactly where we were when this was first suggested? 

The Juniors move en masse idea seems to have been jettisoned 

The only change as I see it is instead of Junior club's being dictated to, they are free to chose their own future.

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

As was the utter melt that I quoted.

The two qf attendances I can see on here are 212 BSC v Kelty and 172 Hill of Beath v Tranent. So a 120 year of a start and clubs in the SJC q-final that are mostly  100 years old the SJC had isn't really much better relatively speaking than the South Challlenge cup that's basically less than 15 years old.:)

The previous season there was 689 at Largs v Kilwinning Rangers and I'm sure two of the other ties that season had larger attendances.

And can keep playing in the cup. Most seem to hold or want to hold onto it for some reason. Each to their own I guess.

Please can we not do the my crowd is bigger than your crowd thing....its demoralising.

1 minute ago, G4Mac said:

And can keep playing in the cup. Most seem to hold or want to hold onto it for some reason. Each to their own I guess.

Please can we not do the my crowd is bigger than your crowd thing....its demoralising.

This is why the clubs may want to continue playing in the SJC - it DOES get larger crowds when it gets to the later stages. If a club gets to the final of the SCC does their town deck most of the shops out in the club colours or is it just another game?

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

This is why the clubs may want to continue playing in the SJC - it DOES get larger crowds when it gets to the later stages. If a club gets to the final of the SCC does their town deck most of the shops out in the club colours or is it just another game?

Guess G4Macs plea fell on deaf ears. 😂

I think it is high time that Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Armadale, Bathgate, Pumpherston etc take in the full implications of this statement below that the West Region SJFA are circulating. Time to come home boys to the EoSFL and leave the self-isolation behind. Under the compromise you can still play in the Junior Cup.

36 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Correction... if you are not playing in the newly agreed wosl.you will be playing outside the prymid.clubs can retain their junior fa membership to allow them to compete in the junior cup.its that simple.

That is what I said.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Basically the west region has gone rogue as it has no authority for much of the agreement.
Btw this is only my observation I am 100% happy the deadlock is broken.
Interesting times though, particularly in tayside.

Don't forget the West Lothian Juniors.

So if I'm reading all this correctly clubs were digging there heels on applying so they can still enter the Junior Cup.
I get Ayrshire has a tribal mentality but if this was the deal breaker too get the bigger junior clubs in the pyramid it baffles me.

If one of them get into Lowland League do they still get to enter??.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm also pleased to see that Gordon Ronney is a signatory to the statement.

I would be interested to know if he will be making a recommendation to all WR clubs to apply to join the WoSFL, on behalf of the WRJFA.

He wanted them all in, so he'd have to.

Otherwise he'd be seen as a massive hypocrite.

4 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

The statement said "Clubs currently members of the Scottish Junior FA are fully entitled to retain membership and, if so, will be eligible to continue to play in The Scottish Junior Cup. The Competition Rules of that Cup will be altered to reflect the need to ensure League Fixtures have priority."

Absolutely nothing about changing the rules to allow non-members to play in the Cup.

Forgive me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, but I'm not seeing anything there that suggests that any non -junior team applying to the WoSL , eg Drumchapel, will be obliged /expected/ want to play in the Junior Cup. 

Edited by Doonhamer1969