Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Thanks thought it was, has anything been mentioned about them being allowed in or are they just testing the rules?

Nothing has been mentioned officially by the EOS, in fact the teams who have applied haven't been named yet, only the number of applications.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Yeah postcode G81 1LX is in Clydebank, Dock St I think is ground location yeah?

image.png.b9a1eb4edfac6b40a5edd9a1c5f371f4.png

Holm Park is in West Dunbartonshire, west of the boundary with Glasgow defo.

The  boundary  is just east of the BP petrol station, which is well to the east of Holm Park.

10 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Holm Park is in West Dunbartonshire, west of the boundary with Glasgow defo.

The  boundary  is just east of the BP petrol station, which is well to the east of Holm Park.

How about showing us a map of Luncarty, with the boundary line ?

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Thanks thought it was, has anything been mentioned about them being allowed in or are they just testing the rules?

I stand to be corrected but I understand that there are no EoS rules which prevent the EoS from deciding to accept a club from the north side of the Tay Bridge line. It's just that it has generally been presumed that, as the rule applies to the Lowland League/Highland League, it also applies to lower Tiers of the pyramid.

Guessing that if e.g. Luncarty was accepted  into the EoS that they would not be able to gain promotion to the Highland League from the EoS. Similarly Tayport may end up in a Tayside senior Pyramid league some day but they couldn't enter the Lowland League directly from there.

However, we shall see what happens!

I stand to be corrected but I understand that there are no EoS rules which prevent the EoS from deciding to accept a club from the north side of the Tay Bridge line. It's just that it has generally been presumed that, as the rule applies to the Lowland League/Highland League, it also applies to lower Tiers of the pyramid.
Guessing that if e.g. Luncarty was accepted  into the EoS that they would not be able to gain promotion to the Highland League from the EoS. Similarly Tayport may end up in a Tayside senior Pyramid league some day but they couldn't enter the Lowland League directly from there.
However, we shall see what happens!

I think you’re correct Dev but didn’t the EOSFL turn down an application from a North of boundary team before? I guess the scenarios you suggest could happen but the HL and LL would probably have to ok it.

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think you’re correct Dev but didn’t the EOSFL turn down an application from a North of boundary team before? I guess the scenarios you suggest could happen but the HL and LL would probably have to ok it.

Not sure why there would need to be any referral to the Lowland or Highland leagues. One issue could come up if the promotion spot to the e.g. Lowland league was occupied by an "out of area" team so blocking promotion from e.g. the EoS.

Perhaps this situation could be worked around by allowing the highest placed eligible team to enter the play-offs. Really that should happen now, in any case, because it is possible, in theory, for an unlicenced team to win a Tier 6 feeder league to the Lowland League or, in future, to the Highland league.

Edited by Dev
correction

11 hours ago, patriot1 said:

It was confirmed that eight teams had applied to the EOS so far so this line up would make sense.

I can't see many more applications coming in unless something dramatic happens.

I guess that could happen, depending of the outcome of yesterday's PWG meeting. 

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Now, I think he was talking about the lockdown...

;)

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Read on twitter so entirely unverified that the new wosl will be application only? Only a week to go then folks!!

Pyramidic

• Third Division Apprentice
  •  
  • Pyramidic
  • Gold Members
  • 508 posts

Is this the Twitter link:

https://twitter.com/Pint_of_Bovril/status/1242393391658229760?s=20

Edited by Dev

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes, that account seems to have been spot on with stuff before. That said its not an official account in anyway. Need some confirmation but if this is the case then its looking good.

If it is true, the Lowland League, East Of Scotland and South Of Scotland leagues should put out a statement immediately to let everyone know this is the process. So each club at all levels know what the process will be for them to make their decisions.  I cannot see any reason not to unless there's a reason to hold back, for example the junior clubs have asked to contact their member's before any statement is issued etc...

Looks like the war is over.
It was nice doing battle with you.
'The King is dead. Long live the King.'
New times beckon. Here's hoping it all works out well for everyone. Let's all now live in harmony, we're all Seniors now.
Stay safe.
Look after your family.
Protect the NHS.
Stay At Home.