Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

56 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

All clubs know there is no face to face meeting but don't let that get in the way of the moon howlers

:)

You don't need to be a dick about it. It's hardly howling at the moon to question the appropriateness of having a face to face meeting, in the current circumstances. Glad they have made the correct choice in having a virtual meeting.

So it's a we either join as junior clubs or we dont want to join at all deal then? That statement is astounding really. The more you post the more you give the game away really.  
You have done well to get the clubs to commit to this approach. Seems the wrsjfa have convinced most clubs that the wrsjfa is the way to go instead of simply applying to the new league.

Really worrying actually

I dont believe theres been any vote of clubs?

1 hour ago, Blasties every 4 said:

Gordon Ronney

First and last time on here. Commenting due to people believing I may be someone else on here and giving out mis-information which isn’t helpful to all.

I only discuss formally with PWG parties and WJFA clubs.

I look forward to tonight’s PWG meeting with the  hope another productive and meaningful discussions take place for the ultimate benefit of all parties & clubs. 

Should you not be called sjfa ever 4 coz you are more interested in the grade and your blazer than kilbirnie 

4 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

The last streetview image of it is from Aug 19 (apparently) and it looked a bit unused! Anyone seen it recently?

I have passed it loads of times without really looking at it properly but to me it would be a less likely venue long term than DD. 

DD’s 3G I’m not sure how much it could be developed. 3 sides can’t be developed and there’s limited space between the near side and the building. I guess if you fenced off that one side and built a small stand on the far side?

ps don’t think Halgreen was ever considered btw for us.

Edited by BTID

5 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

A lot has been said about clubs that don't want to join the Pyramid.
Can anyone let us know who those clubs are?

Already did.

The 17 WJFA clubs who didn't put in a Note Of Interest to the WoS.

Are you seriously suggesting that every one the 63 WJFA clubs think identically, have identical objectives, see themselves having identical futures ?

They aren't clones, they're not one homogeneous block.

Each should be able to choose their own path, according to the wishes of the fans, the players and the committee.

'All in' or 'all out' , a one size fits all solution, is far too simplistic. It doesn't take into account each club's individual circumstances.

4 minutes ago, nicotina said:

If the bankies only considered a ground in clydebank how come u ended up in yoker?

At the risk that I'm being wooshed here... Holm Park is in Clydebank, it's Yoker Athletic that play outwith (just) their local boundary.

4 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Perhaps missed this post in this thread but Terry Singh says the following from the EoS forum:

"Luncarty, Lochgelly, Lochore, Kennoway, Kirkcaldy, Newburgh, Rosyth and Thornton have all formally applied to the league."

It was confirmed that eight teams had applied to the EOS so far so this line up would make sense.

I can't see many more applications coming in unless something dramatic happens.

Perhaps missed this post in this thread but Terry Singh says the following from the EoS forum:
"Luncarty, Lochgelly, Lochore, Kennoway, Kirkcaldy, Newburgh, Rosyth and Thornton have all formally applied to the league."

Which team was it that lies north of the boundary but the line goes through the town?