Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The number of applications are already meant to be around 20 as it is. You'll probably find much of that number are current West Premiership sides as they're going to be the most effected if they don't move.

I'm not entirely sure what can be decided on Monday that hasn't already been said between them: Retain Junior membership, come in as 63 and continue to play in the Junior Cup if they want.

The Junior Cup and Junior membership issue needs the other regions to agree to it for starters. Then not everyone might want to join the pyramid as we've seen by not everyone putting in a note of interest.

Really around 20 so far applied, I'm surprised their is not more came out and announced it to let their fans etc know. I see Glasgow Uni being mentioned as being one of the club's moving, what league do they currently play in?

7 minutes ago, The Money Man said:

Really around 20 so far applied, I'm surprised their is not more came out and announced it to let their fans etc know. I see Glasgow Uni being mentioned as being one of the club's moving, what league do they currently play in?

20 is pretty good when the last official headcount of notes of interest was something like 51. Some of whom were possibly never quite guaranteed in applying but were just keeping informed of the goings on. Then things like Corona and the ongoing WJFA/LL Discussions has possibly seen things held up a little.

The original mass applications to the EoSFL in 2018 were kept quite low key with very few public announcements. Some are obviously doing the same this time around. When you look at how things get picked over on here and other sites you can understand why.

As for Glasgow University they play in the Caledonian Amateur Football League's Premier Division

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

I agree, but could a new league afford to take legal action? Even the SJFA's famous £500k wouldn't get them far once the lawyers are involved.

Come to think about it, doesn't the same apply to the Juniors' reinstatement fees?

I think it would be a player who would take action, if they were unable to get a full-time contract anywhere in world football because they'd turned out for Muirkirk as an 18 year old.

How much are reinstatement fees?

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

20 is pretty good when the last official headcount of notes of interest was something like 51. Some of whom were possibly never quite guaranteed in applying but were just keeping informed of the goings on. Then things like Corona and the ongoing WJFA/LL Discussions has possibly seen things held up a little.

The original mass applications to the EoSFL in 2018 were kept quite low key with very few public announcements. Some are obviously doing the same this time around. When you look at how things get picked over on here and other sites you can understand why.

As for Glasgow University they play in the Caledonian Amateur Football League's Premier Division

Where is this figure of 20 coming from? I saw one person mention 15 then upped it to 20. Does this person have any official connections to the Lowland League?

As for clubs applying - I got the impression if talks went ok then the whole League would move over and still be eligible for the Scottish Junior Cup. No one left behind. No need for applications. No cherry picking. If talks break down I expect at least 40 applications from Tuesday onwards.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think it would be a player who would take action, if they were unable to get a full-time contract anywhere in world football because they'd turned out for Muirkirk as an 18 year old.

How much are reinstatement fees?

£40 or £25 if under a certain (?) age.

25 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Where is this figure of 20 coming from? I saw one person mention 15 then upped it to 20. Does this person have any official connections to the Lowland League?

As for clubs applying - I got the impression if talks went ok then the whole League would move over and still be eligible for the Scottish Junior Cup. No one left behind. No need for applications. No cherry picking. If talks break down I expect at least 40 applications from Tuesday onwards.

Hossy87 tends to reasonably well informed on certain things due to his links with Newton Stewart/SoSFL.

It wouldn't be that surprising to have it hit 20+ since when 15 was used as the number it was in relation to them applying next day following the LL meeting. If the application form is basically just a version of the one used by the EoSFL its not like it would take that long to fill out. So if these clubs / committees had already spent weeks building up to the LL meeting many of them would already have made the decision to apply and were just waiting on the official forms. There's no harm in it after all.

On 21/03/2020 at 00:04, Hossy87 said:

20+ applications in so far and the WoSL/LL going it along.  Apparently some strange stories were told by a Mr Ronney and it's fucked off a few members and the LL

Even if the West Region leagues do all move over and retain their current format, Johnstone Burgh would be at tier 9, or tier 8 if they gain promotion, or tier 6 if it's conferences. There's no way they could be tier 7.

30 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Even if the West Region leagues do all move over and retain their current format, Johnstone Burgh would be at tier 9, or tier 8 if they gain promotion, or tier 6 if it's conferences. There's no way they could be tier 7.

Ah but weren't they all promised entry at tier 6?! 😂

At least it wasn't an official club statement, it was just a post on a forum. Hopefully the club knows what the actual situation is, and whoever made that post hopefully didn't get the info from the JB rep who attended the meetings.

5 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Have you ever played Saturday Monday Wednesday? That is unthinkable for me.

Sporting integrity is for normal circumstances. This is certainly not normal. Season is a write off, sadly.

But squeezing games 4 a week certainly isnt the answer.

Game every third day.

Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday etc.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yeah I'm not surprised if their has been 20 applied. Just surprised that the Clubs have not announced it especially with everything going on and no football. Would be a good way to keep their fans informed. Has Glasgow Uni definitely applied then? Any other Ammy teams showed an interest?

Game every third day. Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday etc.

Hello players and committee, we're going straight into a game every 3 days for the forseeable, mind and tell the family nae chance of a holiday or getting away when it's all over, need to play fitba.

Game every third day.
Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday etc.
Instead of 4 games a week we now want 7 games in 11 days.....this is getting silly now.

There is more to life than football at part time level. If the players were getting 100k a week then yes but they have lives and jobs.

The season is over, as is any chance of reprising it at this point, which is out if everyone's control. Trying to squeeze so many games in is lunacy.

Anyway rant over [emoji85] please stay safe everyone and support one another.

10 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

The last thing on the planet i'm thinking about at this time is the Pyramid.

That's seriously what some folk are thinking about?

Must be Russian bots or summit.

You're right mate, in the grand scheme of things this is pretty unimportant but people are bored.  They can't really go out, the news is pretty depressing right now and as football fans there's only really 3 things to discuss at the moment.  How do we end this season? When will my club go bust with no income? and What's going on with the WOSFL and WRJFA pyramid? I guess after 1 April we'll be down to two things to discuss as there will either be confirmation the LL are setting up a WOSFL or confirmation the WRJFA are becoming the WOSFL .