Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Season is void so no useful information can be determined from current League positions!
However, we do need to seed the Conferences, what shall we use? I've got an idea why don't we use current League positions? And have 4 teams from each League in a Conference and include non Junior applicants.
No recognition whatsoever of the level that teams have played at for years. It will be very few that have been relegated or promoted more than one League.
But because the EoS did this, in completely different circumstances, new applicants joining an established League rather than the transfer of an active League structure, the West has to follow suit. 
Total waste of a season. 

That's on the assumption that the PWG talks succeed and all teams move over together. Let's just wait and see what happens on Monday night first. [emoji6]

1 hour ago, the rambler said:

Season is void so no useful information can be determined from current League positions!

However, we do need to seed the Conferences, what shall we use? I've got an idea why don't we use current League positions? And have 4 teams from each League in a Conference and include non Junior applicants.

No recognition whatsoever of the level that teams have played at for years. It will be very few that have been relegated or promoted more than one League.

But because the EoS did this, in completely different circumstances, new applicants joining an established League rather than the transfer of an active League structure, the West has to follow suit. 

Total waste of a season. 

What ?

You want a new league actually based on a system of provable sporting merit rather than just some well written application forms...?

You fool, you...

3 hours ago, the rambler said:

Total waste of a season. 

If you don't have conferences, how would you accommodate new members? 

14 hours ago, Countryman said:

The SFA is in charge of Scottish Football.

It's not. If a large number of clubs want to play football outside their organisation, there's nothing they can do about it. The only levers they have over those outside the umbrella are referees and the 5 Scottish Cup spots. 

It's also a members' organisation.

And it's probably not a bad thing that they haven't ruled Scottish football top-to-bottom with an iron rod, because there's little reason to believe they wouldn't have made things worse.

13 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Always appreciate your comments glensmad but are there any clubs that have actually made a firm declaration or inference that they would not be interested in joining the LL led WoSFL new pyramid league initiative? Or are we still gazing into a misty crystal ball?

Yes.

Every club who didn't put in a Note of Interest.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

It's not. If a large number of clubs want to play football outside their organisation, there's nothing they can do about it. The only levers they have over those outside the umbrella are referees and the 5 Scottish Cup spots. 

It's also a members' organisation.

And it's probably not a bad thing that they haven't ruled Scottish football top-to-bottom with an iron rod, because there's little reason to believe they wouldn't have made things worse.

Maybe given their track record your right a light touch sfa is better than a authoritarian one. 

Please forgive my ignorance on the set up, in Scotland, it is even less centralised than I understood. 

All that I would like to see happen is for a national Scottish pyramid structure for those who want it and alternatives for those who want to opt out, without the self interested getting in the way. 

Good luck to all the clubs in setting up both parts of that both in and out of the pyramid and I hope it works out well for them for whichever option they choose.

15 minutes ago, Countryman said:

Maybe given their track record your right a light touch sfa is better than a authoritarian one. 

Please forgive my ignorance on the set up, in Scotland, it is even less centralised than I understood. 

All that I would like to see happen is for a national Scottish pyramid structure for those who want it and alternatives for those who want to opt out, without the self interested getting in the way. 

Good luck to all the clubs in setting up both parts of that both in and out of the pyramid and I hope it works out well for them for whichever option they choose.

We have so many different national FAs.

Scottish FA.

Scottish Junior FA (c130 clubs of semi pro to amateur standing). All SJFA members are registered members of the SFA though (ie SFA basicaly acknowledges their existence!

Scottish Amateur FA (which splits leagues into Summer / Winter & Saturday / Sunday).

Scottish Welfare FA (a 100 year old amateur organisation with increasingly reduced relevance and also follows SAFA pattern of split by seasonality). One way it differs from SAFA is that players cannot play saturday and sunday football.

Scottish Youth FA (amateur clubs from age 5 up to 21).

Scottish Schools FA (who have their own national team).

And then the Scottish Womens FA.

Edited by cmontheloknow

28 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

The last thing on the planet i'm thinking about at this time is the Pyramid.

That's seriously what some folk are thinking about?

Must be Russian bots or summit.

But you still took the time to post on here 🤔 we need some distractions. 

And that's exactly what the LL-WoSFL plan gives you. If you want to be part of the pyramid, then apply. If you don't, then stay junior. I keep saying it, but it really is that simple. It doesn't need complicating by forcing clubs who aren't interested to join the pyramid.

What I don't get is why clubs think that something sinister and damaging is being imposed on them. Ronney's plan is about more than keeping clubs together (IMO) but the WoSL idea inflicts no damage on any club. The damage is staying WRSJFA as a significant number of opponents depart PERMANENTLY. Whitburn v Linlithgow Rose is an historic fixture as it stands. The misinformation campaign is what has potentially damaged clubs. Hell mend the WR for that.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Points per game, as has been discussed elsewhere, isn't any fairer than just taking it on points at the moment.

Fixture imbalance and calloffs, where some contenders have played each other twice but others not at all, make points per game at this stage just as false as actual points accrued.

Neither reflect what the positions would be at the end of a season or how well, relative to each other, any team has done to this point.

Option 1. Finish it when we get started again

Option 2. Void.

Anything else you'd be as well pulling the names of the teams who can still mathematically win (or be relegated) out of a hat. That would be just as fair as using current points or current points per game or current standings.

For the obvious reason of sporting integrity ,it has to be Option  1.

Folk are stuck in the house all day with nothing else to do, are you expecting them to spend 16 hours a day stressing about coronavirus?

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Folk are stuck in the house all day with nothing else to do, are you expecting them to spend 16 hours a day stressing about coronavirus?

16 hours worrying about the coronavirus, 7 hours mulling over the pyramid and one hour of restless sleep!

Did you seriously come on here expecting to have nothing to read other than stuff about the virus ? Have a think about why you thought "I'm going onto P&B for a bit". We all need distraction and a bit of normality.

37 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

What I don't get is why clubs think that something sinister and damaging is being imposed on them. Ronney's plan is about more than keeping clubs together (IMO) but the WoSL idea inflicts no damage on any club. The damage is staying WRSJFA as a significant number of opponents depart PERMANENTLY. Whitburn v Linlithgow Rose is an historic fixture as it stands. The misinformation campaign is what has potentially damaged clubs. Hell mend the WR for that.

It will be back on the cards next season  in the west Lothian league