Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The WoSL would accept all West junior clubs.  Disappointing that the scaremongering on that seems to have worked.  Hasn't anyone learned from the EoS accepting all north of the Tay juniors that have applied?
Correct, and that was emphasised really strongly by the LL on Thursday night.

He is.

It’s quite clear from that statement some clubs are buying the nonsense being spouted by Ronney. Clearly the tactic here is to spread misinformation in the hope the WoSFL is delayed. My advice to clubs is don’t wait for The WRJs to guide you to the promised land. If you are in any doubt reach out to the LL chairman for the facts.
Spot on. He is a very approachable man and he'll answer any questions or doubts that you may have.

Just now, glensmad said:
11 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:
I’m curious where this notion of cherry picking has come from? Perhaps Arthurlie would be better served if someone from their committee contacted George Fraser direction  rather than relying on the word of Gordon Ronney. 

Yes, they should be speaking to both sides and working out their policy from there. They are never going to be able to do that by only listening to one side of the story.

It really does read as if it’s been written with one point of view in mind. My fear is that some clubs actually fall for this and don’t apply by the 31st. If they do, then they will most certainly be left behind and will only have themselves to blame.

I just can’t figure the logic that would lead people to believe that the pyramid would only pick and choose the clubs they wanted. It completely goes against the concept of what a football pyramid is and how it works.

It was also pointed out at the Thursday night meeting that no team would be compromised in any way by putting in an application to join the LL-WOSFL, regardless of the outcome of the PWG. So in my opinion every club who definitely wants to be in the pyramid next season should do exactly that, and then wait to see what happens with the PWG discussions.

That Arthurlie statement is such a crock of shite it confirms my worst suspicions of the current state of play. But it doesn't matter, perhaps it's even for the best, let stupid people swallow the lies vomited forth by other stupid people, that's social Darwinism in practice. The new WoSL can survive quite happily without those clubs and their committees, especially their committees.

In my opinion, every club who wants pyramid access should do what we have done and get their application in, then sit back and see what happens with the PWG. What have they got to lose by doing that ? Nothing, but plenty to gain.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

The WoSL would accept all West junior clubs.  Disappointing that the scaremongering on that seems to have worked.  Hasn't anyone learned from the EoS accepting all north of the Tay juniors that have applied?

Erm...SOUTH of the Tay 😉

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

This is interesting.

The Arthurlie Representative who has put together this statement says that "Most clubs are interested in being involved in the new pyramid venture."  Most but, he admits, not all clubs.

Either all west Juniors wish to move or not all of them. Cannot have it both ways!

This implies that the WRJFA knows that it will be leaving some clubs behind to play in their Juniors League instead of moving into the pyramid. Unless it is going to force these clubs, under its' Leave No-One behind Scheme, to move whether or not it is in these clubs' best interests, wishes and/or better judgment.

In the next breath there is the opinion that those clubs which are left behind by the WRJFA will die! A bit like the east Juniors have died?

Then there is the reference to a suspicion of cherry picking. Sounds like it's the WRJFA which is proposing to either force some clubs to move into the pyramid or cherry pick those which it believes will die by being left behind. 

At the same time the WRJFA seems to be trying to pass the blame for its' devious scheming activities onto the shoulders of the Lowland league/EoS.

Edited by Dev

Yep, that's now confirmed my fears may have sone foundation in truthdom.

Look at the eosfl, did they cherry pick anyone or accept every club that applied?

I now believe that the truth us slowly but surely coming out regarding the wrsjfa (sjfa led) stance is stifle, delay and undermine. If they get involved in any future wosfl they will continue to do the same until they have their own way.

I hope I am wrong, but sadly I feel the farther we get into this the more will come out.

7 hours ago, Dev said:

This is interesting.

The Arthurlie Representative who has put together this statement says that "Most clubs are interested in being involved in the new pyramid venture."  Most but, he admits, not all clubs.

Either all west Juniors wish to move or not all of them. Cannot have it both ways!

This implies that the WRJFA knows that it will be leaving some clubs behind to play in their Juniors League instead of moving into the pyramid. Unless it is going to force these clubs, under its' Leave No-One behind Scheme, to move whether or not it is in these clubs' best interests, wishes and/or better judgment.

In the next breath there is the opinion that those clubs which are left behind by the WRJFA will die! A bit like the east Juniors have died?

Then there is the reference to a suspicion of cherry picking. Sounds like it's the WRJFA which is proposing to either force some clubs to move into the pyramid or cherry pick those which it believes will die by being left behind. 

At the same time the WRJFA seems to be trying to pass the blame for its' devious scheming activities onto the shoulders of the Lowland league/EoS.

It's also demonstrably factually inaccurate - there was NO vote held at the meeting to support Option 4 and even if one wants to be revisionist and class a show of hands to a rhetoricql question as somehow binding, it WASN'T unanimous.

It's also demonstrably factually inaccurate - there was NO vote held at the meeting to support Option 4 and even if one wants to be revisionist and class a show of hands to a rhetoricql question as somehow binding, it WASN'T unanimous.
Spot on, so many factual innacuracies in that statement it's not real.

58 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

What were the 6 options whittled down to 4?

Just a quick query if you join the new West of Scotland league does that mean you fall into line with the seniors transfer window that closes end of August and then end of January ? 
No that only applies from league 2 up.

In my opinion, every club who wants pyramid access should do what we have done and get their application in, then sit back and see what happens with the PWG. What have they got to lose by doing that ? Nothing, but plenty to gain.

You not think there should a little bit of loyalty to the association your club has been part of for all these years, pwg is Monday give the guys some back up, as you say “what do you have to lose” if nothing comes out of it then go ahead and put your application in.
Bit disappointed in how your going about this tbh seems very much a two fingered salute and expected better from you.

We’ve only been in the juniors five years, a fraction of the time Glencairn have, we are very interested in joining the pyramid too but we are showing some loyalty to all the teams we have played that may not get in or afford the £500 up front fee if it’s each to their own.
Gordon ronnie along with the west region committee and at least 52 clubs who signed a pledge to take every team over with us.

#whathaveyougottolose

3 minutes ago, sctv said:

You not think there should a little bit of loyalty to the association your club has been part of for all these years, pwg is Monday give the guys some back up, as you say “what do you have to lose” if nothing comes out of it then go ahead and put your application in.
Bit disappointed in how your going about this tbh seems very much a two fingered salute and expected better from you.

We’ve only been in the juniors five years, a fraction of the time Glencairn have, we are very interested in joining the pyramid too but we are showing some loyalty to all the teams we have played that may not get in or afford the £500 up front fee if it’s each to their own.
Gordon ronnie along with the west region committee and at least 52 clubs who signed a pledge to take every team over with us.

#whathaveyougottolose

Alex,

Each team has to make their own decision on this, and we have made our position clear with our statement yesterday. If the PWG discussions succeed then happy days, everybody moves together. But if they don't, then we need to be in a position to be ready to do what is right for our club.