Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm agreeing with you. Whatever handholding the LL might do in the first year they aren't going to hold important positions like President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer long term. They're some of the most important people for the league and would hopefully begin representing the league on the Non-Professional Game Board and other committees to give voice to their members and work toward common goals with other leagues.

If people go in with the mentality that this is the West Region and the survival of Junior football just under a different name. Then the members could vote through the same people onto the committee that have held things up over the years. We're talking about a group of people that created the role of Fixture Secretary rather than vote in a new Secretary when the existing one could no longer do the job.

I hope that the Lowland League understands this bogus "get them all in" approach is just that. It's a ruse to make sure that the old stagers from the Juniors take over in due course. They are willing to bide their time in order to achieve that. No "concession" comes for free and the lowland league doesn't need to be anything other than polite when dealing with the SJFA (alias WRJFA).

Consider why those West Junior clubs which are on record as being dead against anything to do with the new WoS would go along with an "all in" all of a sudden.

Consider why highly divisive words in social media etc against the Lowland League WoS have switched all of a sudden to a voluntary compromise.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

[Pedant] The Wire was shown on BBC2 [/Pedant] emoji6.png

Aye well, some of us aren't lah-de-dah intellectual high brows that sit around watching stuff on BBC2 in the hope of understanding it. We need someone to tell us what's good, by which time it had finished its run. Nae repeats.

[Also I had young kids then and was too knackered/ distracted for telly].

5 hours ago, G4Mac said:
5 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:
One way round the games in hand/imbalance in home and away games issue is average points per game.
Its only going to affect things anyway if a decision has to be made on promotion/relegation places.
Otherwise, they move in masse in current divisions with no promotion/ relegation applied at the end if this season, ie ,effectively now.

The only thing with points per game is that some teams will have a higher points per game total having not played games against top of the table sides and some with a lower total will have played all the teams from the top. Fairest thing is to scrap the season and either finish it when we return or write it off completely.

Or award a  0-0  score for each fixture not played, ie: 1 point per lost game.. 

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Who is that zoomer? He's not voting for independence because the Scottish Government aren't getting involved in non-league Scottish football???

Right, that's me no' votin' for the Lib Dems cos they did nothing to get The Wire on cooncil telly.

Ah, Pyramid Pete. He seems to think he runs a vast organisation of pyramidistas that invented the concept of league reconstruction, despite it basically being himself and a laptop in his Algarve bedsit.

He pops up every now and again on P&B as well as Fitba North and NLF to talk about himself in the third person and pretend he's the saviour of Scottish football. Think his handle is @mick90.

He runs (or I guess now, ran) the Pyramid News website, which, to be fair, used to have a decent amount of fixtures listed. Just in an eyebleeding stramash of web design and thought-disordered ramblings. Recently, it's been totally outdone by the excellent Scottish Football Fixtures site, which has been the source of many an outburst from him, with accusations of plagiarism...

Edited by Cyclizine

He used to have a weekly magazine and did different annuals for Amateurs. Juniors, Seniors, Internationals. Being doing it since the early nineties. The same annoying thing then as on his website - he refused to include games played in his league tables and you had to add up w-d-l yourself.

Or award a  0-0  score for each fixture not played, ie: 1 point per lost game.. 
Or not, that's just ridiculous. That would change nothing and wouldnt account for any of the variables involved in actual football games.

12 hours ago, Dev said:

I hope that the Lowland League understands this bogus "get them all in" approach is just that. It's a ruse to make sure that the old stagers from the Juniors take over in due course. They are willing to bide their time in order to achieve that. No "concession" comes for free and the lowland league doesn't need to be anything other than polite when dealing with the SJFA (alias WRJFA).

Consider why those West Junior clubs which are on record as being dead against anything to do with the new WoS would go along with an "all in" all of a sudden.

Consider why highly divisive words in social media etc against the Lowland League WoS have switched all of a sudden to a voluntary compromise.

I think LL  will have the measure of them. The Junior hierarchy have missed the biggest open goal in history and have continued to mismanage every part of the process. I doubt they'll present a difficult prospect in future.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think LL  will have the measure of them. The Junior hierarchy have missed the biggest open goal in history and have continued to mismanagement every part of the process. I doubt they'll present a difficult prospect in future.

The more that clubs like Glencairn pressure them by showing they, genuinely, aren't required to start a WoSFL the more likely they'll dance to the tune that the LL are playing as well.

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The more that clubs like Glencairn pressure them by showing they, genuinely, aren't required to start a WoSFL the more likely they'll dance to the tune that the LL are playing as well.

For me it's always been a case of the more public applications there are the better. Now people can say the West Premiership is down 3 teams. That's potentially going to get worse as the status quo no longer exists.

I'd say its even more important now if there are some clubs sitting back saying 'we don't need to apply its going to get sorted by someone else' Only for the all in approach not to happen for whatever reason and having to pull together a last minute decision.

15 minutes ago, pheasant plucker said:

Cant decide whats worse - coronavirus depression or this thread

Take a LL manufactured “WoSFL happy pill” and you should feel a lot better!

The recommended cure for “Pyramiditus”.

Edited by Pyramidic