Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

No, I meant "F*ck the SJFA", try and understand what I wrote and what I was responding to if you want to stick your nose in.
Your right Burnie Man. Maybe missed out on the full meaning of your post. Apologies!!! Maybe it's, because I'm no posting on here 8 to 12 hours every day you like you ya sad individual

2 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

Your right Burnie Man. Maybe missed out on the full meaning of your post. Apologies!!! Maybe it's, because I'm no posting on here 8 to 12 hours every day you like you ya sad individual emoji849.png

How nice, again ūüôĄ

15 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

Your right Burnie Man. Maybe missed out on the full meaning of your post. Apologies!!! Maybe it's, because I'm no posting on here 8 to 12 hours every day you like you ya sad individual emoji849.png

Who are you comment on any individual, or how long they spend on here? You don’t ken their circumstances or what their life is like.

Regardless, everything should be kept civil.

It's all getting a bit pathetic on here now.  Why don't we just wait and see what happens later this month rather than arguing over pointless stuff?  Everyone has their own views, fair enough.  Surely it's possible to discuss everything without endless arguments?

7 hours ago, stanley said:

It's all getting a bit pathetic on here now.  Why don't we just wait and see what happens later this month rather than arguing over pointless stuff?  Everyone has their own views, fair enough.  Surely it's possible to discuss everything without endless arguments?

WTF is p&b even for if not to have endless arguments?  You think 2-3 opinions being presented and everyone agreeing that each are equally valid and to wait on the outcome keeps this place going? 

Edited by parsforlife

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

WTF is p&b even for if not to have endless arguments?  You think 2-3 opinions being presented and everyone agreeing that each are equally valid and to wait in the outcome keeps this place going? 

What is the point of the internet if not to argue with people and wind folk up just for the sake of it.

And for the sake of clarity, for once I'm not being sarcastic.

Given that we've no idea when there will be football again it is possible that WoSL may not be up and running until 2021.

Depending on finances too there may be a lot of clubs further up the chain missing and a number of SPFL places to be filled.  Watch this space.  

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

WTF is p&b even for if not to have endless arguments?  You think 2-3 opinions being presented and everyone agreeing that each are equally valid and to wait in the outcome keeps this place going? 

Another 3 weeks with no football and it's gonna be Bedlam around here.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Another 3 weeks with no football and it's gonna be Bedlam around here.

Marshy's got out of his bed and starting red dotting again.  It really is worrying behaviour for a grown adult (well assuming he is) to engage in. What's he going to be 3 weeks in, frothing at the mouth?

Ok, so here's the question. With serious doubts now about whether this season will finish or not, surely when the LL-WoSFL gets going it now just has to be tier 6 conferences for everybody , in the interest of fairness ?

We are going to have all sorts of clubs across the West Region with perceived injustices if the season is finished now, regardless of how they decide to do it. So surely conferences is now the only way to settle who plays at what level in the new league starting from next season.

There wouldn't really be any need to finish this season if it is agreed to go with conferences, and we all call this season quits right here and now.

Your thoughts ? (I don't expect everyone to agree.)

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Ok, so here's the question. With serious doubts now about whether this season will finish or not, surely when the LL-WoSFL gets going it now just has to be tier 6 conferences for everybody , in the interest of fairness ?

We are going to have all sorts of clubs across the West Region with perceived injustices if the season is finished now, regardless of how they decide to do it. So surely conferences is now the only way to settle who plays at what level in the new league starting from next season.

There wouldn't really be any need to finish this season if it is agreed to go with conferences, and we all call this season quits right here and now.

Your thoughts ? (I don't expect everyone to agree.)

I was thinking it should be conferences regardless. This just helps with that decision.

I think we should use this time to restructure Scottish Football as a whole something like this would be a lot better and tidy it up and still keep people happy with 4 old firm games and starting to regional further down

SPFL Premiership 38 games ( play each team twice. League split of 8 to give 7 games plus Derby match) Bottom 3 relegated

Celtic

Rangers

Motherwell

Aberdeen

Livingston

Hibernian

St. Johnstone

Kilmarnock

St. Mirren

Ross County

Hamilton Academical

Heart of Midlothian

Dundee Utd

Inverness CT

Dundee FC

Ayr United

SPFL Championship 34 Games (18 teams play each other twice. Top 2 promoted. 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Promotion playoffs) 4 teams relegated to respective North and South

Dunfermline Athletic

Arbroath

Morton

Alloa Athletic

Queen of the South

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers

Falkirk

Airdrieonians

Montrose

East Fife

Dumbarton

Clyde

Peterhead

Forfar Athletic

Stranraer

Cove Rangers

Edinburgh City

16 Team North League 2 up to Championship and 3 relegated to National Division 1.

Brora Rangers FC

Inverurie Loco Works FC

Fraserburgh FC

Rothes FC

Buckie Thistle FC

Formartine United FC

Forres Mechanics FC

Nairn County FC

Keith FC

Wick Academy FC

Deveronvale FC

Huntly FC

Strathspey Thistle FC

Turriff United FC

Elgin City

Brechin City

North Division 1 5 teams plus 11 applications to make up North Division 1 above Tay line (Aim to get licensed within 5 years) Bottom 3 replaced by licensed champion from each

Clachnacuddin FC

Lossiemouth FC

Fort William FC

Golspie Sutherland (Licensed)

Banks O'Dee (Licensed)

Below this North Caledonian League, North Juniors and Tayside League. unlicensed

16 team South league

Cowdenbeath

Queen's Park

Stirling Albion

Annan Athletic

Stenhousemuir

Albion Rovers

Kelty Hearts

Bonnyrigg Rose

East Stirlingshire

BSC Glasgow

Spartans

Civil Service Strollers

East Kilbride

Caledonian Braves

Cumbernauld Colts

University of Stirling

South League Division 1 (6 plus 10 Licensed clubs by Application)

Gala Fairydean

Berwick Rangers

Gretna

Edinburgh Uni

Dalbeattie Star

Vale of Leithen

Below This would be West of Scotland League (wrsjfa and SOSFL and Glasgow Uni Using conferences initially to set up a Divisional structure possibly regionalised at 2nd or third league ) and East of Scotland League ( EOSFL current premier with tops teams from division 1 to make it 16 with conferences below including current ersjfa south)

Reading over 20-odd pages and trying to summarise the "compromise" (all under the presumption the league actually finishes this season. Coronavirus based factors are excluded for the moment)

The WJR will come over in its current format but be renamed the WoSFL and be a senior league. Clubs will remain junior "members" but not pay the fines/reinstatement fees but will still have access to the Junior Cup but it's not mandatory.
Any non-league team in the WoSFL not currently in the Juniors will be able to join the juniors to also have access to the Junior Cup but, again, not mandatory (both these compromises are dependent on the SJFA changing their rules to allow it but, for now, I will presume that gets the OK).
If a non-Junior team is relegated to the WoSFL they will not need to join the SJFA to play in the league.
If a non-Junior team, now or in future, applies to join the WoSFL they will not need to join the WRJFA.
If a Junior side is promoted to the LL, or higher, they will not need to relinquish SJFA membership.
All sides have to enter the SCC and this, and the Scottish Cup, take precedence over the Junior Cup.
Any clubs currently in Tier 6 moving to the WoSFL (Bonnyton Thistle being the obvious one) would be parachuted into Tier 6 but not at the expense of anyone currently at that level.
Any clubs currently outside the pyramid moving into the WoSFL will start at the bottom tier.

If I've got this correct then any arguments against seem a bit childish and petty this moment to be honest.

The main ones being "it's not fair on clubs that want to remain junior" - this argument seems to come from the same people that have been telling junior clubs and fans for three years that moving to the senior league wont change anything apart from the name of "the grade". It also seems these junior clubs have done, as all clubs had to do at one point, and compromise. If they're happy with the scenario, or grudgingly accept it, why does it bother others?
Another is "why do they get to remain junior when they're senior" - again this argument is coming from the same folk who said the name of the grade didn't matter. So who cares? Honestly. Junior clubs still get to call themselves junior, if it means so much to them, but makes no difference. They're happy and they're completed the pyramid and it makes no difference to non SRJFA members at the same level.
The other argument seems to be about the Junior Cup itself and letting it die. Again this is no different from other cups such as the Renfrewshire Cup, Fife Cup, Aberdeenshire Shield. It wont take precedence over league or the "main" cup fixtures and for any bleating about how it will affect fixtures: that remains the clubs decision. All clubs decision. I saw someone say it's a bit unfair if, say, Talbot become a League One club and play Colony Park. That's unfair as it is at the moment. Talbot will win that in any case. Is it equally unfair that Morton play against amateur clubs in the Renfrewshire Cup?

I mean this seems like a win/win for everyone. We get the full pyramid in place below the Tay. Junior clubs keep their cup and get to remain junior members if they want and it doesn't negatively impact clubs that don't.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

27 minutes ago, santheman said:

Never going to happen.

On the contrary, I think it is very possible.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:

On the contrary, I think it is very possible.

Was talking about Alan’s plans for an enlarged SPL. 

Didnt  want to quote it again 

Edited by santheman

1 hour ago, Charlie4 said:

Hearing wee bits of chatter that whitburn are now thinking of going to the EOS, dont know how true this is.

...and finally keep an eye out for low flying flocks of pigs in the southern parts of West Lothian later this afternoon that could make driving conditions on the M8 treacherous at times.