Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

When all is said and done, the LL would take every single WRJFA club if they want en-masse entry to the Pyramid, but they need to realise it is under the exact same rules and regulations as the EoS/SoS.  It is also open to any non-WRJFA clubs and they will all be treated as equal members of the new league. All will be eligible for SFA Licencing, U20 leagues etc. They will all be in the Pyramid.

Delegates who were there last night will get the chance to listen to the LL side of the debate and their plans tomorrow, and should do so with an open mind.

as I was not at the meeting I don't know how every team voted but it is fair to assume Clydebank were one team   who voted against but the result of the vote was    60    2 with one team not present

1 minute ago, marconi said:

as I was not at the meeting I don't know how every team voted but it is fair to assume Clydebank were one team   who voted against but the result of the vote was    60    2 with one team not present

Vote for what?

2 minutes ago, marconi said:

There was no vote 

3 minutes ago, marconi said:

What was the (rough) wording of the vote? You are the only person that has mentioned any vote taking place last night.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

There is nothing wrong in having regional bodies administering leagues within a pyramid. It is already in place in the Highlands and EoS. It is widespread in England with National leagues, Regional leagues and County FAs all doing their bit.

However, what binds them together are common goals of allowing clubs to progress and attracting new clubs. That requires commonality and agreements between leagues about promotion, relegation, discipline, match calendars, facilities, licensing etc.

The SJFA has shown itself to have parochial and insular view of themselves and their perceived value to the wider game across the country.  That was echoed by some of the alleged comments at last night's WRJFA meeting.

There should be nothing to prevent the WRJFA running leagues within the pyramid, but they have to accept that they have to adapt to what rules and structures are in place, and work well, for clubs already within the pyramid. They have acted like a bull in a china shop, as if they are the top dogs in non SPFL football, demanding that everyone else accedes to their demands. 

That is the crux of the problem.

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

i think they said anyone who was currently tier 6 so Bonnyton and theyd probably include glasgow uni as they are licensed would be tier 6 but anyone else would go in at the bottom

Ah, but what if Threave, St Cuthberts, Newton Stewart, and Wigtown & Bladnoch, who are all licensed and playing in the SoSL at tier 6, also apply as well ? Too many clubs for one WRJFA proposed premier league ?  

Edited by Robert James
typo

17 minutes ago, marconi said:

Were Kilbirnie the other team ? Ahahaha

1 minute ago, marconi said:

the proposal was to support the west region plan

No it wasn't. At the very start of the meeting, a show of hands was requested along the general lines of "Who isn't bothered whether we stay together or not?" to which only two teams put their hands up...neither being Clydebank or Kilwinning AFAIK.

Given most clubs have built up relationships and friendships with other clubs over the years, I think it was seen more as a rhetorical question and certainly not as a vote for or against a plan which in any case hadn't yet been outlined.

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Who are you tagging in to ask the Qs? Is it KilliePiyo's shift?

Marconi is now the legal man, bah gawd!

DeterminedHeartfeltFruitbat-size_restric

Just a reminder to anyone attending tomorrow night's meeting, you cannot access the hotel from the Queensway at the moment due to roadworks. You need to approach the hotel from Stewartfield Way coming from the golf course / loch end. Traffic has been very heavy in the area during rush hour for the past couple of weeks because of the roadworks, give yourself plenty of time.

Is there any talk of junior clubs entering the pyramid in the north region? HFL seems a closed shop. 

3 minutes ago, james666 said:

Is there any talk of junior clubs entering the pyramid in the north region? HFL seems a closed shop. 

There have been talks. The North Caledonian League is ready and willing to sit at tier 6, but would need either the North Superleague or a new Grampian league sitting alongside them.

Strong words from the Bankies in tonight's programme. Nothing we didn't already know though.

IMG_20200311_193228~2.jpg