Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Mystic Blastie said:

If there are no Junior teams left then there are no Senior teams. Only teams!!! What would Senior teams be Senior to??

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Have heard many many fans of junior clubs saying they are juniors and proud to be juniors. Have never heard fans of senior clubs saying they are seniors and proud to be seniors. What actually is a senior club ? It's just a fitba club we are all just fitba clubs.

The SJFA are effectively finished for the West Region. They will only be running the Scottish Cup and administering what's left of the rapidly diminishing Junior Grade elsewhere. 

They will have no say in the Pyramid or how the WoSFL is run. 

I am really struggling with why this is a concern to some of you going forward. 

In time a national non league Cup will be established and the Junior Cup will disappear.

Funds should be distributed to member Clubs after redundancy payments and all other debts have been settled. 

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Spot on. 

I think it's worth pointing out that people who have dealt first hand with Junior officialdom for years have alarm bells ringing with things that on the face of it might be a reasonable compromise to those who haven't.

When you have the SJFA's only full time employee phoning clubs demanding to know who that person is on P&B, and demanding them be banned, or demanding posts be removed etc then you're a little wary of those kind of people being involved with the Pyramid.

Agreed. Leopards don't change their spots.

How can they be trusted or relied upon given their attitude and behaviour towards most things which aren't "Junior". They keep reminding me of the Ceaucescu Regime in Romania. Defiant until the very end.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:
17 minutes ago, Dev said:
Then Glencairn should get their application in - to support the Lowland League's negotiating position?

Glencairn have not yet met as a committee to decide what we are doing.

You guys might now have to Google "Skype" in order to get a meeting organised 😂

On 14/03/2020 at 10:57, Burnie_man said:

Spot on.

This was the declaration given to clubs on Tuesday.  Remember this was the meeting where there was talk of legal action and shouts of "F*ck the LL".   Sounds like all four of their "demands" have been met, can someone point out the compromise here?

The LL need to stick to their declared intention of establishing an independent WoSFL free from the influence of outside parties and open to all clubs equally. Anything else is hitting reverse and ends up a fudge.

Club Declaration.jpg

'PERMITTED to participate in the Junior Cup'.....

Could some legal eagle prove that allows them NOT to participate if they didn't want to ?

How can they be trusted or relied upon given their attitude and behaviour towards most things which aren't "Junior". They keep reminding me of the Ceaucescu Regime in Romania. Defiant until the very end.
Are any of the people involved in the running of the EOS from ex-Junior clubs?

The Clydebank chairman, a very pro pyramid club, was also the vice president of the WJFA was he not?

Providing the likes of Tom Johnston aren't involved in the running of the new West leagues then the proposal seems an ideal solution to get everyone in the West moved over to the pyramid.

38 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Are any of the people involved in the running of the EOS from ex-Junior clubs?

There's a few people on the EoSFL committee that are from former Junior clubs, four out of twelve.

Jim Provan (Broxburn), Tom Thornton (Haddington Athletic), Paul McGregor (Tranent Juniors) and Rory Mutter (Hill of Beath Hawthorn) are all just board members.

If i'm remembering right Jim Provan at least had some involvement in the East Region's committee. Don't know if the rest did.

3 hours ago, Dev said:

Peter Leopard with Girvan?

31 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

PS. The gossip is that he's going to be spotted in Troon next season...whenever that is.

What happens if fitba never starts again ? Does BurnieMan voluntarily self-combust or something ?

Jeez,...what if there is nae mair fitba ?

BurnieMan --->> AshieMan ?

27 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

If there are no Junior teams left then there are no Senior teams. Only teams!!! What would Senior teams be Senior to??

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

You are really on here to shit stir, there's no two ways about it.

You know exactly what is meant by what is said and so do most. As I said if people look at all your posts, they get the picture.

I've played junior all my days, watched it and coached youths to play in the level and beyond and even I know the pyramid is beneficial to Scottish football. its the attitude of people and someone like you saying there's no senior teams, that statement alone makes it so true why there is a problem with the junior attitude.  You have actually put people against junior way of thinking, seriously and your sitting behind a computer thinking your cool. if there was any hope of any junior committee people looking for more backup, guys like you have certainly destroyed it and put most against any junior representative being involved in the new WOS league

On 14/03/2020 at 14:11, Beenzon-Toste said:

It took longer than I expected but the Burnieman's meltdown is in full flow now.
Loving it.
His master plan of full demolition of the SJFA has been torpedoed.

Eh ??

If he's advocating a CHOICE between joining the WoS or staying Junior, and some clubs choose to leave and some clubs choose to stay, how would that lead to 'full demolition of the SJFA' ?

Eh ??
If he's advocating a CHOICE between joining the WoS or staying Junior, and some clubs choose to leave and some clubs choose to stay, how would that lead to 'full demolition of the SJFA' ?

You've not read all of this from the start, have you?
Nobody's going to stay in a WRSJFA.
All clubs are moving together into the new WOSL and retaining SJFA membership.
His preference was for a split between the clubs with some going and some staying would have been disastrous for the SJFA as it would have been made up of smaller and weaker teams that would not survive and eventually lead to the SJFA folding.