Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Why would you want to a create a divide in the West? Its been a farce in the East with a 3rd season of conferences because teams keep coming over each season.

Get everyone in the same setup from the start in the West and avoid the situation that happened in the East.

A farce in the east with conferences, really? Evidence please.

For my club it's been a great experience, we wanted a 1st division next year but clubs voted otherwise. The clubs themselves decided for another conference season. So where is the farce in democracy?

24 minutes ago, STRUTHERS said:

1. There will be a new WoSFL next season constituted under LL rules. (EOS/SOS model) .
2. The Primary competitions will be the League and the South Cup.
3. Unless there are Junior teams that don't want to join, there will be no further need for a WRJFA as they will have no disciplinary matters or leagues within their jurisdiction. New committee will be formed to run the new WOSL.
5. The SJFA constitution will need to be amended to allow senior players to take part in the SC and the rule compelling clubs in membership to take part in one of its leagues.
6. SFA LL EOSL SOSL have the veto to the change in playoff rules to the LL.
7. IM email does carry some weight but don't think it's a silver bullet but it was referenced.
8. The two options will not be put to a vote at the SFA AGM. This is the only show in town for pyramid entry in the west.
The main arguments from Tuesdays meeting were debunked
Cherry Picking - Won't happen.
Being omitted due to ground conditions--won't happen clubs will be given leeway to comply.
Mood seemed conciliatory between GR & GF and clearly there are still tensions and details to be ironed out, but both parties seem to be focused and willing to get it done.
emoji1695.png

Looks good to me. I just wonder how non junior applicants will be slotted in.

41 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Hopefully all goes through with no last minute hiccups is my only worry and teams will need a back up plan to join pyramid if talks do break down but it all seems very, very positive with lot of credit to everyone involved so far.

Backup plan if there are any hiccups?

Very simple - fill in the application form. I think the negotiations are continuing so the process can be completed without applications. it is now obvious there is only going to be one League with Pyramid access. Which has been a stumbling block as the waters have been muddied up until the Tuesday/Thursday meetings.

EDIT : I meant WITHOUT applications.

Edited by theesel1994
Being a dumbass that can't grammar.

Might upset some teams but I would guess conference'sas this was referenced more than once as being most fair, but as was the caveat with most of the detail, dependent on who and how many apply

Looks good to me. I just wonder how non junior applicants will be slotted in.

There's so much personal mud-flinging in this thread it's unbelievable. Can't wait until the new league(s) start and this nonsense can be put to bed.

A farce in the east with conferences, really? Evidence please. 
For my club it's been a great experience, we wanted a 1st division next year but clubs voted otherwise. The clubs themselves decided for another conference season. So where is the farce in democracy?

You are right shouldn't have said the conferences are a farce but having 5 to 10 clubs join the EOS every season is.

We can avoid that situation in the West by having everyone come over at once.

You're bringing the divide along with you, and removing choice from clubs who want to remain Junior.

Do you think those WL clubs should be forced to join the EoS even if they clearly don't want to? Why would anyone do that?
There's no divide though.
All WRSJFA clubs have agreed to be part of the Pyramid.
You're the one trying to muddy the waters now that people have seen through your agenda of hatred towards TJ and the SJFA.
Get the feeder up and running with everyone on board and let's just wait and see how the cup situation unfolds. Those discussions can surely wait for another day.

You're the one trying to muddy the waters now that people have seen through your agenda of hatred towards TJ and the SJFA.
Get the feeder up and running with everyone on board and let's just wait and see how the cup situation unfolds. Those discussions can surely wait for another day.
I hope that this is genuine and there isnt a trojan horse approach going on. The west in is fantastic, not personally sure about some of the language regards saving the grade etc particularly given you now say there is no divide. Also unsure what keeping the cup or sjfa registration is about. Why not just join the south or rename it or amalgamate both cups. Let the junior cup remain a find historical cup instead of continuing it in a lesser form.

A west side to the pyramid is great news. I hoped for a fresh start but it would appear that isnt going to happen. Time will tell if the wrsjfa have entered into this believing in having no divide, hopefully they have.

I'm not saying I agree with all aspects of the proposal. I actually get fed up of one side saying we will still be Juniors and the other side saying we will be Seniors. We will be neither. We will all be football clubs and that's what counts. The main crux of what needed to be done was to persuade all WJFA clubs to join the Pyramid or be left in limbo. Agree this should have been sorted out before. The threat of Clydebank and the Buffs saying f**k the wee clubs "we're off" meant someone had to take the bull by the horns. Hats off to the LL for being willing to compromise when as was correctly said on here, they didn't really need to. Obviously George Fraser has a better understanding of the situation than many on here who's main agenda is humiliating Junior football.

You’ll have to point out where at any time anyone from Clydebank has said ‘f**k the wee teams’?

When did the WRJFA club vote to agree this approach? When did the SJFA hold an EGM to consult other regions? Are you leaving behind the ERJFA and NRJFA? When did the SJFA agree to amend the Constitution and their mandate?

I have no hatred towards anyone, I never used racist terms towards the EoS, I never said "f*ck the LL" on Tuesday. I never described clubs who left for the EoS as traitors, or abused Kelty or Clydebank, or called BSC Glasgow a boys club with no fans.

I want a truly independent WoSFL free of this shite, all you want is to preserve the SJFA and its attitudes come what may so you can say you saved the grade.

You have no real interest in anything else. You wanted to take legal action against the LL a few days ago.

Interesting developments this week. Looks like the LL taking a pragmatic approach to the situation. If the West joins the pyramid it is another step towards integration. The situation in the East and North will then require some attention.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
6 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
You keep believing that if it helps you get rid of your hatred.

Aye ok GR, going to address any of the points I raised for the benefit of the debate?

The ironing is delicious 

Aye ok GR, going to address any of the points I raised for the benefit of the debate?
Your points are pointless.
Things have moved on.
A compromise has been reached.
The LL WOSL is going ahead which is exactly what you've been after.
Perhaps not with the destruction of the SJFA that you'd hoped for, but it's happening nonetheless.
It seems you're not as important and influential as you'd like to believe.
In fact, you're a sad, insecure and insignificant individual that hates not getting what you want. Put the dummy back in, sit back and enjoy the new Future of the Juniors.