Burnie_man

Junior football, what is the future?

11 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

What was it the region did to you? 

Do you know what the Ragman's Roll was?

Anyway, I have always wanted to see the West Region in (as one) and I have said as much on here plenty of times. Even when that was offered, the SJFA refused and pushed on with an agenda that was flawed and doomed. At no point did the WRSJFA stand up to them and fight their own corner. Until after that was taken off the table and the door closed. The blazers have failed the clubs, and perhaps even the grade. I have the square root of F-All interest in grades or blazers, and so do not see these balloons as beyond criticism.

Anyway, here's an article from 2013 with some pretty shameless quotes from TAJ.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13109216.pyramid-scheme-faces-problems-from-the-outset/

The Lowland League basically just a change of name – moving East of Scotland and South of Scotland teams and calling them a Lowland League. It is a lesser-quality league. These clubs don't really have a fan base.

Edited by cmontheloknow

If I hadn't had the misfortune to grow up in Ayrshire myself I'd wonder where these numpties get their "it's an east coast conspiracy!" pish from. But I did, so I don't. Shameless, and utterly brainless, stuff indeed. 

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Anyway, I have always wanted to see the West Region in (as one) and I have said as much on here plenty of times. Even when that was offered, the SJFA refused and pushed on with an agenda that was flawed and doomed. At no point did the WRSJFA stand up to them and fight their own corner. Until after that was taken off the table and the door closed. The blazers have failed the clubs, and perhaps even the grade. I have the square root of F-All interest in grades or blazers, and so do not see these balloons as beyond criticism.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13109216.pyramid-scheme-faces-problems-from-the-outset/

That was the environment created by TAJ & Co at the time, I sat in many meetings and that was the mantra "we're better than them, why would you want anything to do with it".  They wanted tier 5 access with their own Superdooper League (which got barely any support from Junior clubs).

The door was wide open for the 3 Region SJFA structure to move "en-masse" into tier 6 (and was for years after). Complete control of the West and North at that level and below, and probably a merger with the much reduced EoS.  That is what should have happened all those years ago, they could have been running tier 6 / 7 / 8 / 9.

They f*cked it because the SJFA (and many clubs now in the EoS it has to be said) thought they were better than that, they were better than the LL, and they should be at tier 5.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, Burnie_man said:

That was the environment created by TAJ & Co at the time, I sat in many meetings and that was the mantra "we're better than them, why would you want anything to do with it".  They wanted tier 5 access with their own Superdooper League (which got barely any support from Junior clubs).

The door was wide open for the 3 Region SJFA structure to move "en-masse" into tier 6. Complete control of the West and North at that level and below, and probably a merger with the much reduced EoS.  That is what should have happened all those years ago, they could have been running tier 6 / 7 / 8 / 9.

They f*cked it because the SJFA (and many clubs now in the EoS it has to be said) thought they were better than that, they were better than the LL, and they should be at tier 5.

Their Superdooper League was designed to spite the LL, or was certainly heralded as a rival. Hmm. That worked!

Such a misjudgement of the future. Nostra Damn Us.

9 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Anger, resentment to angst and recrimination? Ive met you a few times and never really struck me as an angry man, was genuinely interested in how you arrived at your position. Has Pollok made any statements about things yet? 

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Their Superdooper League was designed to spite the LL, or was certainly heralded as a rival. Hmm. That worked!

Such a misjudgement of the future. Nostra Damn Us.

It was simply to spite the LL.  Problem was, most clubs had no interest in TAJ's super idea.

That should have been the lightbulb moment, but nobody flicked the switch (and clubs are just as culpable as well as poor leadership)

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Anger, resentment to angst and recrimination? Ive met you a few times and never really struck me as an angry man, was genuinely interested in how you arrived at your position. Has Pollok made any statements about things yet? 

I just feel the WR / SJFA blew it. The SJFA will likely wither because of this. It did not have to. I am angry about that.

Are you sure you have met me?! I do angry quite well, though not as well as some others!

Pollok made their initial statement and nothing since.

https://pollokfc.com/2020/02/19/club-statement-2/

I just feel the WR / SJFA blew it. The SJFA will likely wither because of this. It did not have to. I am angry about that.
Are you sure you have met me?! I do angry quite well, though not as well as some others!
And like most clubs should be doing, they will attend both meetings before saying anything further.

4 minutes ago, the sniper said:

Without reading through hundreds of posts till my head hurts what's the latest goings on:)

Another lazy *** who wants someone else to do their homework for them!

Without reading through hundreds of posts till my head hurts what's the latest goings on:)
Read it and suffer like the rest of us.

Read it for yourself you lazy *******

Theres about 50/60 motors at Hampden just now, so probably quite a decent turn out if thats where the meeting is. That said looked like queens park were training so unsure if they park there too.

42 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Think I'm over experienced with angry folk so take it as a compliment you didnt measure on the scale Haha. Cheers for the link, think it will be statement saturday this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

Think I'm over experienced with angry folk so take it as a compliment you didnt measure on the scale Haha. Cheers for the link, think it will be statement saturday this weekend. 

Not convinced we have met btw unless it was away from the football as I haven't been to many games in recent times due to family commitments etc!

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres about 50/60 motors at Hampden just now, so probably quite a decent turn out if thats where the meeting is. That said looked like queens park were training so unsure if they park there too.

Did you not go in and chap the door 

8 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Unlikely to get anything as quick as that from Pollok. Due to Pollok being fan owned I'd assume if they wanted to apply to the WOSL it'd need to be put to members then voted on by said members.

7 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Unlikely to get anything as quick as that from Pollok. Due to Pollok being fan owned I'd assume if they wanted to apply to the WOSL it'd need to be put to members then voted on by said members.

though the committee are elected to run the club on behalf of the members...! But yes it is probably a bit beyond prices of Freddos in the pie hut and how much washing powder to order (both genuine topics of discussion during my time on committee!)