Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, Stag Nation said:

What about those junior clubs who don't want to move?

Ayway, I was under the impression that the WSJFL management did not have a mandate for any of this.

They wanted to move en masse. If they don't move they won't have a League to play in.

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I was under the impression if these talks were successful,  applications may not be necessary. (At least, not for Junior clubs).

I was under the impression the WRJFA have effectively stood down (withdrawn their request to be a Pyramid league) and clubs are free to apply to the WoSFL as they wish, ie the WRJFA would continue with any that didn't wish to move?

Given that the application process is supposed to be open now until 31st March, there needs to be a bit of clarity surrounding it surely.

A meeting on 23rd suggests something else afoot, but doesn't leave clubs much time.

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I was under the impression if these talks were successful,  applications may not be necessary. (At least, not for Junior clubs).

Monday 23rd March is only 8 days before applications to the WoSL were expected to close.  So either :

* the deadline for the application process will be extended, to give clubs more time to consult with club committees/decide/apply ?

or

* the "common ground" means that the application process, as originally announced by the LL, is no longer necessary? 

or

* both ?

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

When did the clubs decide that?

Great if true.

They wanted to move the West Region en masse into the Pyramid. That doesn't look likely so they alternative is they move en masse as part of the WoSL into the Pyramid. They must accept now there is only one League that will have Pyramid access. Either way I can't see any future for a West Region League but entry into the Scottish Junior Cup must still be on the agenda.

6 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

They wanted to move en masse. If they don't move they won't have a League to play in.

I thought that declaration applied to the SJFA in its entirety, and had realistically** died the death when the ERJFA's attempt to join the pyramid failed.

If (say) a dozen die-hard clubs still refused to contemplate building toilets or travelling to Elgin on Tuesdays, they could still have a viable league.

"" = maybe not a good choice of words in the context.

So it appears now the meeting wasn't the LL more information on the WoSL as planned but in fact a PWG. When did this change and how did it change? When were the LL/EoS contacted? It maybe doesn't matter and the title of the meeting probably doesn't matter but I'm quite confused by this and a little bit concerned because of what's happened historically. Don't get me wrong the positive vibes we are getting are fantastic. Also, unsure what further needs to be discussed? I had hoped the clubs could then just go back to their membership / committee / fans and decide what they wanted to do.

2 minutes ago, stulch said:

So it appears now the meeting wasn't the LL more information on the WoSL as planned but in fact a PWG. When did this change and how did it change? When were the LL/EoS contacted? It maybe doesn't matter and the title of the meeting probably doesn't matter but I'm quite confused by this and a little bit concerned because of what's happened historically. Don't get me wrong the positive vibes we are getting are fantastic. Also, unsure what further needs to be discussed? I had hoped the clubs could then just go back to their membership / committee / fans and decide what they wanted to do.

The WRJFA were bluffing on a pair of twos.  So what ground has the SJFA/WRJFA conceded which are acceptable to the Lowland/SFA in agreeing a compromise ?   

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im quite wary of anything that lets the sjfa get their tentacles into any part of this. Hopefully the junior cup is opt out so clubs can go for the south cup.

Or South Cup is the default and you can opt-in to Junior Cup?

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

Can someone clarify - there were two meetings - the PWG in afternoon and WoSL (LL) in the evening.

1 minute ago, stulch said:

So there were two meetings? I think a more detailed statement would actually be useful?

Yup, two meetings. Thought it was best to add clarity! There will be further info coming after the next meeting (PWG).

Yup, two meetings. Thought it was best to add clarity! There will be further info coming after the next meeting (PWG).
Thank you. I still think just a little more detail would be useful too...

The partial PWG meeting was at 3pm yesterday at Hampden and involved representatives of the various Leagues (LL, EOSL, SOSL, WRSJFA). That's the group that released the joint statement.

The evening meeting at East Kilbride was for reps of the clubs that have expressed an interest in the WOSL with the LL & co. There still hasn't been any statement released about that afaik