Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

People that mock these clubs, full of ambition and purpose, a generation of potential supporters through their young sides.

Then cannot look in the mirror at their own standing. Yes, been there a million years, won the Jimmy Jones cup in 1932, real traditions.... currently supported by less than 80 people, all of which are over 55. Cannot get a youngster through the door because they have no link and nothing to offer the youngster. A committee of 5 whose self importance is far more important than the forward look to where their club's standing is in the game in 10-15 years.

It's not that 'boys club' sides are the future. Well run clubs are the future and the tin pot ones with tradition over common sense can just fall away into nothing. It's probably for the best.

Boys club gets thrown at EK, BSC, and even Cumbernauld Colts when people remember them. Its basically his attempt at degrading the clubs that don't have a storied history.
He's not a big fan of Rossvale for similar reasons, they're not a Junior club to him.

As we await some clarification of last night's meeting, I return to my original hope that every single West Region club (and, for experience, their officials) port over to the new WoSL. I would like to see some sort of merger of the Junior Cup with the South Region Challenge Cup too but that, maybe like it all, is wishful thinking.

No club left behind (because of misinformation).

9 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Let's just say it looks like Thunderbirds are very much go. Still stuff to be ironed out obviously, hence no detail as things may yet change

:thumsup2

As we await some clarification of last night's meeting, I return to my original hope that every single West Region club (and, for experience, their officials) port over to the new WoSL. I would like to see some sort of merger of the Junior Cup with the South Region Challenge Cup too but that, maybe like it all, is wishful thinking.
Think the compromise will be that the clubs will keep their SJFA membership and the SJC will be played as a "Local Cup" with other non WoSL clubs in SJFA membership invited in as part of the fixture list, but League and South Cup fixtures will take precedence.
Keeps SJFA & SJC alive within the new structure.
As for officials coming over I think last night showed the need for new blood where a fresh and progressive attitude is required to change the environment of the new set up from "you can't do that" to "what can we do to help you".
Hopeful going forward just need to get the thing done now and move forward, stealing the egg chasers phrase, "As One".

22 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

If I was being paid by the SJFA to try and preserve the existence of the body this is what I would suggest they propose:

• SJFA advise all West clubs to join WOSL
  • SJFA advise all south of Tay clubs to join EOS
  • SJFA advise north of Tay and North Region clubs to form a new Senior Grampian league
  • Announce that SJFA will become a body like the County FAs but with a nationwide remit to run the Junior Cup only
  • Announce that the 2020-21 Junior Cup will have no replays, no Saturday priorities after a postponement and single leg semi finals. 
  • Invite applications for membership of the SJFA from any club in Tier 5 or below. 

They can do all of that without need for any of the Senior Leagues to agree to it and it would preserve the history of the SJFA as a body through the Junior Cup while also allowing clubs a fresh start in the pyramid. Bold, imaginative and decisive.

HL / LL / EOS clubs can choose to compete in the Junior Cup or not depending on their preference. 

Likelihood of that happening... Low.

Will be interesting to get details of the compromise that has apparently been reached but I can't help but wonder if someone at the SJFA read this yesterday and realised damage limitation was the only option left and this was as much as they could hope to keep.

9 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

As an outsider from a neighbouring country, who likes to watch a bit of Scottish football at all levels when I get the chance, I find this Juniors/Seniors thing baffling. Its all very Judean peoples front and peoples front of Judea to me.

Its very clear looking from outside that a single 'non league' set up in a pyramid that enables clubs to find their own level, is the way forward. I accept that if you are a lot closer to it (and certain clubs) than I am, this might not seem so obvious.

Sounds like you are looking at a sea change though that might finally give Scotland a proper functional pyramid.

Going by yer name I'm presuming yer from the North East of England a good parable would be the Northern League. Had the chance to be on an equal footing with the Southern/Isthmian leagues directly under the Alliance league when the FA made moves toward a pyramid. Decided it wasn't for them and had a slow, lingering death rattle until it finally joined the pyramid in a much weaker state than it had to be.

9 hours ago, Roker Rover said:

As an outsider from a neighbouring country, who likes to watch a bit of Scottish football at all levels when I get the chance, I find this Juniors/Seniors thing baffling. Its all very Judean peoples front and peoples front of Judea to me.

Its very clear looking from outside that a single 'non league' set up in a pyramid that enables clubs to find their own level, is the way forward. I accept that if you are a lot closer to it (and certain clubs) than I am, this might not seem so obvious.

Sounds like you are looking at a sea change though that might finally give Scotland a proper functional pyramid.

As another outsider from a different "neighbouring" country, I'm all too used to artificial divides in non-league football and people desperately fighting to keep them & stop the pyramid because of tradition. Even some of the scare stories are similar, like exaggerating investments needed to move up, long trips away on a wet Tuesday night (Groningen is baisically our Elgin) and so on.

I don't have much hope that the Dutch situation will be changed soon, but it looks very hopeful here.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Anyone gonna name and shame which balloon club rep shouted out "F*** the Lowland League!" at the revival rally WRSJFA meeting on Tuesday? I trust his club has a one way ticket to the Central Scottish should the Juniors breathe their last?

@locheeboy imo

Anyone gonna name and shame which balloon club rep shouted out "F*** the Lowland League!" at the revival rally WRSJFA meeting on Tuesday? I trust his club has a one way ticket to the Central Scottish should the Juniors breathe their last?
Probably that nutter that runs the Scottish junior fitba Twitter page .

Gordon I take it the boys club reference is us (BSC) and he’s talking about the guy that’s done in 2 weeks what those incompetent, self serving wasters couldn’t do in 10 years. I for one salute you George Fraser. The game owes you a great deal of gratitude. 

Right in the face! Brilliant! [emoji1][emoji122]

31 minutes ago, STRUTHERS said:

Think the compromise will be that the clubs will keep their SJFA membership and the SJC will be played as a "Local Cup" with other non WoSL clubs in SJFA membership invited in as part of the fixture list, but League fixtures will take precedence.

Keeps SJFA & SJC alive within the new structure.

👀

From piecing together what's been circulated I think what we have here is the WRJFA withdrawing their request to form a league in the Pyramid, leaving the way open for the WoSFL to start asking for applications. So an independent WoSFL is full steam ahead, ko 25th July.

I also get the feeling that if the vast majority of WRJFA clubs join, the current structure has a chance of remaining intact rather than Conferences although non-Junior clubs wishes would need to be priority if that was the case.

I'm guessing the WRJFA would carry on IF there were sufficient numbers to make a league viable.

No idea about SJFA membership or Junior Cup, I guess that will also be open to negotiation although to be honest, we don't want to be in a position where the Junior Cup continues and therefore effectively removes clubs from the South Challenge Cup.  I also can't see too many LL, EoS or SoS clubs joining (or re-joining) the SJFA to play in it.

Perhaps someone who was at the LL meeting can update on the feeling amongst Junior clubs of where this is headed.

As for where this leaves the refusnik West Lothian Junior clubs, particularly if the WRJFA is effectively ended, they need to wake up and smell the coffee.

We're edging closer to the point where this thread can be archived...........

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Agreed!

They still need to be wary of which West Junior people are to run the new league though. Hopefully they will clear out the negative ones and bring in new blood who have previously held back because they felt that the whole thing wasn't something which they wished to be involved with at admin level.

2 minutes ago, Dev said:

Agreed!

They still need to be wary of which West Junior people are to run the new league though. Hopefully they will clear out the negative ones and bring in new blood who have previously held back because they felt that the whole thing wasn't something which they wished to be involved with at admin level.

Not sure the guy that shouted "F*ck the LL"  at Tuesdays meeting fits the profile.

It needs people who understand what the Pyramid is all about and want a fresh start for clubs in the west, I'm sure they will have suitable candidates.