Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

13 hours ago, morley said:

The LL/EOS may not actually be that bothered if only say 7 or 8 junior clubs actually follow through with their initial NOI and apply (not that they would publicly admit it). As to start with they may prefer clubs to be ones who have fully bought into the fresh start idea, want to move away from the junior grade culture, and fully commited to the senior/pyramid idea, rather than clubs who more reluctantly apply. Because unlike the EoS when it expanded you don't have that core base of original clubs to build around. Not that they will decline any junior club. 

The SOSFL would always be an option to still join the Pyramid in the highly unlikely scenario there’s few enough applicants to create a new WOSFL in the Summer ! They’d immediately all be at Tier 6 with a realistic chance of League success and a play off against the East to secure a spot in the LL for 21/22

Just now, Dev said:

This could mean that there's no final league tables and so next season would have to be on a Conference basis. Presume that's your  and Shannon's thinking?

I'm in favour of Conferences regardless.

But it weakens the argument for those that want to patch over existing West Region leagues if the season can't be completed.

[emoji849]

Id suggest arranging the conferences in Alphabetical order. Clubs with one word names use the first word and clubs with two word names use the second word, so for exampleAnnbank- Clydebank in tier 6 and a club with an S or T as a second name in tier 8. I think we can all get behind this idea.

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id suggest arranging the conferences in Alphabetical order. Clubs with one word names use the first word and clubs with two word names use the second word, so for exampleAnnbank- Clydebank in tier 6 and a club with an S or T as a second name in tier 8. I think we can all get behind this idea.

Nah, Whitletts Victoria would be right up the creek 🙄

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Let's just say it looks like Thunderbirds are very much go. Still stuff to be ironed out obviously, hence no detail as things may yet change

Was there a compromise with the West Region or is the WoSL on its own?

If it is on its own will it be the only League with Pyramid access?

Are all clubs guaranteed a Tuesday night trip to Elgin?

3 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Let's just say it looks like Thunderbirds are very much go. Still stuff to be ironed out obviously, hence no detail as things may yet change

I am really excited by this. This is potentially the biggest shake up in the history of the Scottish game.

Even the loonball appears to have accepted the inevitable.......20200312_214651.thumb.jpeg.b688b3c0a54cccf2e5ab07c44ed7e2c8.jpeg

He's changed his tune. I assume that's still unless you moved to the EoS 2 years ago, in which case you're filthy, filthy traitors to the grade and your joonyur history is null and void cos rats and traitors and gold plated toilets and that?