Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and I think things will have changed. I just wish they'd come out and publicly say fully what their proposals are. They seem to forget the fans need to know this information as well as the clubs. It is their responsibility to provide this information to the public.

Guessing that they would have gone public if they had a viable plan. They haven't so that's that.

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and I think things will have changed. I just wish they'd come out and publicly say fully what their proposals are. They seem to forget the fans need to know this information as well as the clubs. It is their responsibility to provide this information to the public.

The fans seem to have managed for 134(?) years without even knowing next week's fixture. Why change now?

All I am suggesting is that all clubs which are not currently west Juniors need to be fitted in appropriately. Not saying how this should be done.

It’ll be conferences the first season as it’s the only fair way to do it. Everyone would be members of a new league their league history as a Junior or Amateur will be irrelevant. After the first season divisions will be formed and clubs will be free to vote on changes exactly as happens in the EOSFL.

28 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

This article was deleted last week but has since reappeared from the Cumnock Chronicle where TJ says this is only open to Juniors

https://www.cumnockchronicle.com/news/18280364.junior-beaks-launch-alternative-plan-persuade-clubs-stay/

"The plans are aimed at helping preserve junior football in the west, with a host of east teams leaving to join the Lowland League in the last few seasons."

You get the impression that those in the SJFA don't actually know the structures within the pyramid. A host of teams joining the Lowland League? Only two ex junior sides have joined the LL, Kelty and Bonnyrigg, and both of them progressed to the LL via the EOSFL.

This isn't really about the LL at Tier 5, it's about a WOSFL at Tier 6/7/8 with an opportunity to progress to Tier 5.   More disinformation I'm afraid.

14 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Well the signs aren't good and given who we're dealing with here, I'd be wary of giving them any leeway. 

They want this to be a Junior league "preserving history" or some other bollocks. If you want access to the Pyramid then you'll need to join the SJFA at the bottom. It is not an inclusive approach, contrast it with the LL plan.

That alone should see this booted well into touch.

The sjfa encouraging large congregations of people during a viral epidemic, is there no low they wont stoop to? Biological warfare? This is shameful.

Your Post is disgraceful having a go at the SJFA have you failed to notice that 50000 will attend Ibrox on Thursday, How low are you going to stoop on your campaign against the SJFA

Just now, Vollyman said:

Your Post is disgraceful having a go at the SJFA have you failed to notice that 50000 will attend Ibrox on Thursday, How low are you going to stoop on your campaign against the SJFA

Some humour is definitely lost when written down................

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Not content with telling clubs what’s best for them, telling the sfa what leagues should be in the pyramid the WJFA are trying to tell the LL they have to run a league on behave of the SJFA.

this doesn’t make any sense 

It is obviously being put forward as a Trojan horse that the WRJFA would soon absorb including the Premiership (tier 6).

47 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

This article was deleted last week but has since reappeared from the Cumnock Chronicle where TJ says this is only open to Juniors

https://www.cumnockchronicle.com/news/18280364.junior-beaks-launch-alternative-plan-persuade-clubs-stay/

"I’m not sure what the Lowland League plans are"

Christ wept. How many PWG meetings have their been? Is this muppet incapable of phoning a LL representative to discuss? Is dialogue beyond him? He's pushing this whole show with no idea what the league they will be feeding into is up to?

I genuinely have no idea what the proportion we split between belligerence and ignorance are on the pie chart representation of TJ's head

Did you wake up this morning and decide you’d be offended by something today? It was clearly said in jest

47 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

TAJ fully involved and working Ronney from behind says;

“Our league would be open only to junior teams.  I’m not sure what the Lowland League plans are but we would not have any amateur teams."

Well there you have it.

WTF? So Glasgow Uni & Bonnytoun get slotted in to Tier 6 for next season, finish bottom and then... are ejected from the system entirely?

Aye that looks fair...

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

WTF? So Glasgow Uni & Bonnytoun get slotted in to Tier 6 for next season, finish bottom and then... are ejected from the system entirely?

Aye that looks fair...

I'm guessing at that point they'd need to apply to join the SJFA.  Although as I said, I don't think they will be encouraging these clubs to get involved. It's not an open and inclusive approach to Pyramid football in the west.

Junior league for Junior clubs.

There is nothing wrong in having regional bodies administering leagues within a pyramid. It is already in place in the Highlands and EoS. It is widespread in England with National leagues, Regional leagues and County FAs all doing their bit.

However, what binds them together are common goals of allowing clubs to progress and attracting new clubs. That requires commonality and agreements between leagues about promotion, relegation, discipline, match calendars, facilities, licensing etc.

The SJFA has shown itself to have parochial and insular view of themselves and their perceived value to the wider game across the country.  That was echoed by some of the alleged comments at last night's WRJFA meeting.

There should be nothing to prevent the WRJFA running leagues within the pyramid, but they have to accept that they have to adapt to what rules and structures are in place, and work well, for clubs already within the pyramid. They have acted like a bull in a china shop, as if they are the top dogs in non SPFL football, demanding that everyone else accedes to their demands. 

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

"I’m not sure what the Lowland League plans are"

Christ wept. How many PWG meetings have their been? Is this muppet incapable of phoning a LL representative to discuss? Is dialogue beyond him? He's pushing this whole show with no idea what the league they will be feeding into is up to?

I genuinely have no idea what the proportion we split between belligerence and ignorance are on the pie chart representation of TJ's head

If he says he's not sure what their plans are, it makes some people think there are no plans. If he plays dumb then it makes it look like there is missing information. It's what we have seen repeatedly on here from the folk getting Ian Durrant'd onto this thread to "ask questions" (the Killipiyos and LongTimeLurkers of this world).

giphy.gif