Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

So it seems increasingly clear that the WRJFA's advice to clubs is that they must stick together, protest on the steps of Hampden and demand access to the Pyramid.

My advice would be that they are going to the wrong venue. Go along to the EK hotel on Thursday, stick together and sign up to the LL WOSFL proposal. That would get all the junior clubs into the pyramid en masse. That is the essence of the offer that is on the table from the LL.

In a year or two's time, the majority of the exec positions in the new league will be filled by the ambitious ex Junior clubs, who have a belief in what they are doing in promoting the new league for everyone.  

Yeah agree with that 'Footballfirst'  but tomorrows meeting is not about teams signing up to the LL, is it not about the LL/EOS/SOS telling the clubs how it all works, the benefits and possible structure of the division (s), depending on how many join. So any club can sign up from now until deadline date, is that correct?

To be honest, I've been away working today and came online to read this stuff and if its true what Rooney and co are pinning their mast to, well I think its well fucked, infact I find it quite embarrassing what he is asking them to all do, stick together and stand at the steps of Hampden in protest.  Any junior chairman or committee man who was at last nights meeting and if this is what Ronney has said it should be pack up bags and get the ball point pens out for the Lowland League.

I'm junior through and through all my days but I see the advantage of the pyramid in so many ways, I feel sorry for the junior guys in power who were so blinkered by their own greed and I believe that they haven't been objective in their views of the situation but as I type this I don't feel sorry enough to let any of them involved in organising or running the new WOS league.   I wont slag any of them, although I can see why many will but I believe they have made great error of Judgment(S) which is now going against them all

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Any junior chairman or committee man who was at last nights meeting and if this is what Ronney has said it should be pack up bags and get the ball point pens out for the Lowland League

Quill pens surely? The SJFA haven't approved Biros, as they weren't around in 1886.

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah agree with that 'Footballfirst'  but tomorrows meeting is not about teams signing up to the LL, is it not about the LL/EOS/SOS telling the clubs how it all works, the benefits and possible structure of the division (s), depending on how many join. So any club can sign up from now until deadline date, is that correct?

Any club that meets the criteria (or will meet it if a period of grace is granted) can join up to March 31st. Only those that got in a notification of interest can attend the meeting though.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Bit hard to follow what's gone on here, can someone summarise briefly?

Ronney is claiming the the West Region, in its entirety, is to be put in below the LL. LL will take over the Super League which will also allow any tier 6 teams who want to join (Bonnyton for instance... possibly Glagow Uni). He says this is a "done deal" and the basis of this appears to be the e-mail posted above.

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

Any club that meets the criteria (or will meet it if a period of grace is granted) can join up to March 31st. Only those that got in a notification of interest can attend the meeting though.

Not sure that last bit is true. I’m pretty sure any club whose now decided after last nights events they are interested will be welcome.

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ronney is claiming the the West Region, in its entirety, is to be put in below the LL. LL will take over the Super League which will also allow any tier 6 teams who want to join (Bonnyton for instance... possibly Glagow Uni). He says this is a "done deal" and the basis of this appears to be the e-mail posted above.

And thus he's wanting a protest on the steps of Hampden to stop it?

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Open and shut case  😂

The key line in that communication is:

"Statement is below for info which the Scottish FA will publish in due course" 

i.e. it was a draft press release.

Was it ever issued? No.  Was the claimed "consensus" maintained following the "sub group" meeting in November 2018?  No. 

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I don't think there's any claim it's a "done deal", that was just trolling last night.   It's the plan he presented to the LL a couple of weeks ago in his last ditch attempt to get the WRJFA in, and was rejected.  He is now going to present it tomorrow to the "partial" PWG  in order to try and halt everything as he knows fine well it will be rejected again.

He's trying to create a mess and hoping the SFA step in.   He wanted clubs to appear on the steps at Hampden, presumably prior to PWG, to show support for his plan. Bonkers.

At the risk of swimming against the tide...

Im pleasantly surprised with the West Region’s overall suggestions. There is an air of compromise and understanding in there which was lacking from the SJFA in the PWG phase of negotiations.

It may prove to be too late, but some people aren’t really considering the gravity of this alternative plan. Voluntarily ceding control of the Premiership would be a huge step.

Edited by Born To Run

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The key line in that communication is:

"Statement is below for info which the Scottish FA will publish in due course" 

i.e. it was a draft press release.

Was it ever issued? No.  Was the claimed "consensus" maintained following the "sub group" meeting in November 2018?  No. 

Was it deliberately leaked to give SJFA clubs a misleading impression of what was happening? Yes.

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

Im pleasantly surprised with the West Region’s overall suggestions. There is an air of compromise and understanding in there which was lacking from the SJFA in the PWG phase of negotiations.

It may prove to be too late, but some people aren’t really considering the gravity of this alternative plan. Ceding control of the Premiership would be a huge step.

That is because they are desperate, and think it will allow them to keep control of the remaining 47 clubs.  It raises far too many issues and continues division. Make no mistake this is an SJFA plan.

The fact remains that the new WoSFL is there, it's happening, all clubs need to do is join it if they want Pyramid access guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

It may prove to be too late, but some people aren’t really considering the gravity of this alternative plan. Voluntarily ceding control of the Premiership would be a huge step.

Agreed. Would have been a great idea a few months ago