Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

23 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

I think the purpose of the meeting on Thursday is to more or less implement the 'done deal', i.e. provide a platform for Junior clubs to enter the pyramid.

And yet there's going to be a protest / picket line of sorts on the steps of Hampden to demand access to the pyramid, ahead of a meeting which has been set up to facilitate access to it...?

Surely now the easiest way to access the Pyramid is to attend Thursdays meeting and join.  There seems no need to stand on the steps of Hampden Park and demand access when access is theirs if they want it.

Reading Game of Thrones at moment but forgot to bring my kindle with me. Its full of lies and damned lies as well by the way.

I ask again, you said you knew nothing but keep saying this is all pish.  On what basis if you know nothing?  The only funny thing is you, most people on this thread have seen it all before. Are you a close friend of Beenze?

Because you guys obviously have very little to do when you can spend all day every day on here commenting and so when you run out of facts you just make them up. It's quite funny really.

You’ve posted more than anyone on here today [emoji3]

It would be reasonable to expect that the Chief Executive of an organisation has the delegated authority to make contractual 'offers' on behalf of said organisation.  So perhaps is could be argued that Ian Maxwell made an 'offer', and the SJFA are now exercising their right to accept it.
In what terms that offer was couched isn't clear - nor is his definition of 'Juniors' versus the Juniors' definition.  "Junior clubs will gain entry to the pyramid at Tier 6" is quite clearly correct, and will be proved quite soon for any clubs that wish to exercise their right to do so. 
Can somebody post the email or is it a secret?
That's exactly what I said. Ian Maxwell had the authority of the SFA.

But he doesn't have the authority of the HL, LL, SoS, EoS or SPFL, all of whom are legally required to approve the delivery of what has been claimed as the content of the contract (Juniors in at Tier X).

I can't agree to sell a house I'm 20% owner of and that contract be enforceable without the agreement of the other parties who share ownership.

Ignorance of the other parties or the contract with them on the ownership of the item covered in the secondary contract is not an arguable position in law.

I was out last night and was rather disappointed when I came in to find there were only 2 additional pages after last night's meeting.

However, this morning has more than made up for it so far. I have a funeral to attend at 12 o'clock, and I expect the number of pages to be "off the radar" when I return. Meanwhile, carry on!

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

That's exactly what I said. Ian Maxwell had the authority of the SFA.

But he doesn't have the authority of the HL, LL, SoS, EoS or SPFL, all of whom are legally required to approve the delivery of what has been claimed as the content of the contract (Juniors in at Tier X).

I can't agree to sell a house I'm 20% owner of and that contract be enforceable without the agreement of the other parties who share ownership.

Ignorance of the other parties or the contract with them on the ownership of the item covered in the secondary contract is not an arguable position in law.

Ian Maxwell's email was a draft media release circulated between all parties on the PWG, claiming that there was now consensus to admit the Juniors into the Pyramid.

Several parties disputed the contents of that draft, that there was no consensus, and the statement was never released.

Legally binding? dear me.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

From what little I have heard, none of it from my own club reps.

Basically, the WR are pinning everything on the Maxwell "done deal" email as being legally binding. The proposal is for the West Premiership to slot in at Tier 6, and be run by the LL, and allow any existing tier 6 sides (e.g. Threave/Bonnyton) wishing to join to slot in to that division. The West Region would still run tiers 7-9 below that. The obvious question is, if they thought it was legally binding, why wait almost 2 years?

Gordon Ronney apparently at one point suggested that clubs should turn up on the steps of Hampden on Thursday in a show of solidarity and demand access to the pyramid. He wants all the clubs to stick together and to starve the new league of members, which (in his opinion) would force the LL to accept the Juniors plan instead.

…. so they're acknowledging that this is about the survival of the West Region Junior Region under the SJFA. 

They're also acknowledging that it's the Lowland League which controls Tier 6 access to Tier 5.

However, they want to control the divisions beneath Tier 6 in the West, hence keeping the WRJFA and, in effect, the SJFA in business. However, these divisions wouldn't be Tier 7, 8 and 9 unless they become senior divisions.

Regarding the Maxwell "Done Deal" it is clear that he had no powers to act outside the SFA Rules and Constitution (i.e. Ultra Vires - outside his powers) so this "Done Deal" idea  is completely bogus.