Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
11 minutes ago, Marten said:
True, but for that plan to have gone through, the SFA, SOS, EOS, LL, HL and SPFL all had to agree (the first 4 for a change to the play-off rules, the latter 3 for a change of the HL/LL boundary). So there is no chance that an email from just one of those parties could be seen as legally binding. At most, if all other parties would have agreed and the SFA would have tried to block it they could use an email as some kind of means to force it through.

Who said it was legally binding?

It was allegedly said at the meeting that Ian Maxwell's email was legally binding. That's simply a fantasy from their side.

Who said it was legally binding?
It was allegedly said at the meeting that Ian Maxwell's email was legally binding. That's simply a fantasy from their side.
I wasn't at the meeting to hear it verbatim, but I'm told the veiled threat of legal action mentioned in one of the earlier West Region statements wasn't aimed at any clubs who might leave, but was in regards to Maxwell's 2 year old email stating that it was a certainty that the Juniors would be in at Tier 6.

Just now, peasy23 said:

I wasn't at the meeting to hear it verbatim, but I'm told the veiled threat of legal action mentioned in one of the earlier West Region statements wasn't aimed at any clubs who might leave, but was in regards to Maxwell's 2 year old email stating that it was a certainty that the Juniors would be in at Tier 6.

They seem to be of the opinion that the SFA are in a position to force all these things through without agreement from the other parties. That myth has been debunked many times. If they had that power, there is no doubt they'd have used it already.

Alleged.....not at meeting... Veiled threats... Supposedly said.... Legally binding???? You really need to step away from your phones or keyboards and get a life. You are just making things up so you can have something to talk about. Unless you were actually at the meeting why comment?

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

From what little I have heard, none of it from my own club reps.

Basically, the WR are pinning everything on the Maxwell "done deal" email as being legally binding. The proposal is for the West Premiership to slot in at Tier 6, and be run by the LL, and allow any existing tier 6 sides (e.g. Threave/Bonnyton) wishing to join to slot in to that division. The West Region would still run tiers 7-9 below that. The obvious question is, if they thought it was legally binding, why wait almost 2 years?

Gordon Ronney apparently at one point suggested that clubs should turn up on the steps of Hampden on Thursday in a show of solidarity and demand access to the pyramid. He wants all the clubs to stick together and to starve the new league of members, which (in his opinion) would force the LL to accept the Juniors plan instead.

Fits in pretty  much with what I was told from those that were there, it's largely the same proposal that was already rejected by the LL and largely went the way most people expected;

Premiership run by LL at tier 6, tier 7 to 9 remain Junior and run by WRJFA/SJFA.  All clubs to retain membership of SJFA and enter Junior Cup.

Glasgow Uni and Bonnyton, if they apply, can be fitted into tier 6, anyone else starts at the bottom of the pile and have to join SJFA and become Junior.

Thinks the "partial" PWG can halt the new WoSFL and also stop Thursday nights meeting!

Claiming discrimination against the Juniors, waving Maxwell's email around and threatening legal action, wanting clubs to congregate on steps of Hampden etc etc.  I'm told most of the big clubs remained largely silent, it was mostly smaller clubs reacting to his rabble rousing.

No idea if anyone raised the matter regarding mandates and on who's authority he was acting. It's a one man show.

The immediate issues I can see are;

No access to SFA Licencing below tier 7, therefore majority of clubs cannot become SFA members, no access to U20 league etc.   Do senior clubs who are relegated from tier 6 revert to Junior status? do they have to join SJFA?

The LL have already rejected this plan out of hand, therefore one can only assume he wants to bog all this down, delay WoSFL and force everyone back round the table.

He is still acting without any sort of mandate from clubs.

The guy is bonkers.

2 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

Alleged.....not at meeting... Veiled threats... Supposedly said.... Legally binding???? You really need to step away from your phones or keyboards and get a life. You are just making things up so you can have something to talk about. Unless you were actually at the meeting why comment?

The main person who is making things up is Gordon Ronney, he is spreading clear lies which create all this uncertainty...

Maxwell's email said no such thing and was couched in enough ifs, buts and maybes for any legal action to fall flat on its face.

3 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

Because someone at the meeting told him 

Fits in pretty  much with what I was told from those that were there, it's largely the same proposal that was already rejected by the LL and largely went the way most people expected;
Premiership run by LL at tier 6, tier 7 to 9 remain Junior and run by WRJFA/SJFA.  All clubs to retain membership of SJFA and enter Junior Cup.
Glasgow Uni and Bonnyton, if they apply, can be fitted into tier 6, anyone else starts at the bottom of the pile and have to join SJFA and become Junior.
Thinks the "partial" PWG can halt the new WoSFL and also stop Thursday nights meeting!
Claiming discrimination against the Juniors, waving Maxwell's email around and threatening legal action, wanting clubs to congregate on steps of Hampden etc etc.  I'm told most of the big clubs remained largely silent, it was mostly smaller clubs reacting to his rabble rousing.
No idea if anyone raised the matter regarding mandates and on who's authority he was acting. It's a one man show.
No access to SFA Licencing below tier 7, therefore majority of clubs cannot become SFA members, no access to U20 league etc.   Do senior clubs who are relegated from tier 6 revert to Junior status? do they have to join SJFA?
The LL have already rejected this plan out of hand, therefore one can only assume he wants to bog all this down, delay WoSFL and force everyone back round the table.
The guy is bonkers.

Who told you? Or are you just making it up??

Verbal or commission contracts under Scottish law are binding, but it would be a matter of proof. Contracts can be by email or text even, again it will be a case of evidencing what was agreed between the parties.
You are overlooking one of the key components of contract formation in Scots law, that being that the parties committing to said contract must have the legal authority to do so.

If we accept that an email can form a legally binding contract in Scots law, which it can, then the media is not the issue.

The legal ability of said parties to enter into that contract though quite clearly is an issue as it does not exist in unilateral form based on the clearly written rules.

Ian Maxwell is a representative of one of the six parties, legally, who need to agree to such a change (depending on the Tier we're talking about)

Unless there's similar emails from the SPFL, LL, SoS, EoS and HL, then the WRSJFA are on to plums on any legal challenge.

It would also be foolish in the extreme to attempt to take the governing body down the legal route.

If that's all that last night was, it is yet more self preservation bluster I'm afraid and hopefully enough of those present are now clued up enough to spot that.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Basically, the WR are pinning everything on the Maxwell "done deal" email as being legally binding. The proposal is for the West Premiership to slot in at Tier 6, and be run by the LL, and allow any existing tier 6 sides (e.g. Threave/Bonnyton) wishing to join to slot in to that division. The West Region would still run tiers 7-9 below that. The obvious question is, if they thought it was legally binding, why wait almost 2 years?

Gordon Ronney apparently at one point suggested that clubs should turn up on the steps of Hampden on Thursday in a show of solidarity and demand access to the pyramid. He wants all the clubs to stick together and to starve the new league of members, which (in his opinion) would force the LL to accept the Juniors plan instead.

I think the purpose of the meeting on Thursday is to more or less implement the 'done deal', i.e. provide a platform for Junior clubs to enter the pyramid.

And yet there's going to be a protest / picket line of sorts on the steps of Hampden* to demand access to the pyramid, ahead of a meeting which has been set up to facilitate access to it...?

EDIT:

*No protest at Hampden please go to East Kilbride instead.  Bring hand sanitiser, loo roll, a face mask and some paracetamol.  If you must shake hands, wear gloves

Edited by Che Dail

9 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
The guy is bonkers.

Who told you? Or are you just making it up??

Are you the nominated one for today, from Kilbirnie?

8 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
12 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Because someone at the meeting told him 

Pish!

Is the real story their is a good case for the joonyurs. 61 clubs were unanimously in favour of the joonyurs and they carried gordon ronney out on their shoulders

1 minute ago, Mystic Blastie said:

I don't know and I admit I don't know. If you don't know don't just write pish because you have nothing else to do. I'm stuck on the train so I have an excuse for commenting on this shite. What's yours?

Have you criticised Gordon Ronney yet for spreading clear lies or is he beyond any criticism?