Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

When will Talbot be having a meeting with supporters to discuss what their plans are?

Why is it hard for you to imagine that going to your clubs supporters saying for example, we will lose upwards of X amount in the first year if we go for this opition however in year three we may claw that back... might not be applauded? 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Moving from being outside of the pyramid to the highest level they can apply to within the pyramid?

As others have said you're just posting shite to try and help your pals Ronney and Johnston. You know it's a lot of pish.

Jeeso 🤣🤣 actual tears here. I wouldn't be very good at agendas when I'm offering genuine concerns I've heard from clubs that might actually help by addressing!!

I'm pretty sure both those individuals can express themselves well enough themselves. Gordon did give me a bottle of whisky once because I made Kilbirnie a video when they beat us in the ardgh cup final if that counts as conspiracy???

Not sure  TJ has ever said hello to me? Busy guy. George J did say he was mad at me once for something i posted and risked a fine or ban or something but that's the extent of my interactions with both individuals. 

1 hour ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

There should be no assumption, all possibilities should be examined, and ultimately decided upon by the clubs themselves.

Totally agree - there was plenty speculation and good (different) ideas on potential solutions for the East - I think the EoS league guys came up with the conference model and it stuck... just playing it out for one season too many, as it happens, but it worked initially. 

People should come at it again with open minds because there might be a completely different approach that works for the majority.

Sure they'll know more once notes of interest are converted into firm applications.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

If Talbot stay in Ronneys league they will lose a of a lot of money as I know a few supporters who wont be going to as many games if any.

O

Let's not kid ourselves on here ever premier club is moving whether some fans like it or not some club's are just waiting in the wings and will go with the majority tomorrows meeting is a waste of time and will show forward thinking club's there's only one show in town and it will be on thursday.

If Talbot stay in Ronneys league they will lose a of a lot of money as I know a few supporters who wont be going to as many games if any.
O

Dont worry, Talbot have been talking to the LL people since this was all announced, they just don’t want to admit it publicly as they know some wont be for it etc, but they’re going.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Seeding clubs for Conferences is different from ranking them to place into Tier 6, Tier 7 etc.

The LL/EoS/SoS are going to be okay with saying single division or Conferences. But not ranking them to go into tiered divisions.

EDIT: And no they aren't the same thing. Which is why its fine if the eventual members decide to vote for a tiered approach.

'But not ranking them to go into tiered divisions.'......Assumption .

The Ll will be guided by the club's wishes ,hopefully .

Good.

Dont worry, Talbot have been talking to the LL people since this was all announced, they just don’t want to admit it publicly as they know some wont be for it etc, but they’re going.

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

The clubs wont in the first season. As I said which you keep ignoring the 13 eosfl.clubs decided the 26 incomers didnt

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Talbot were the third team to show an interest after the buffs and clydebank

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Is that not another way of saying it's our way or the highway?

If you fail to engage when the pyramid is launched and leave it to Spartans to organise the LL, it should really be no surprise if the EoS are later able to block SJFA participation in the pyramid, if it doesn't suit them to have a rival east feeder. 

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of that it is what it is. If clubs in the west want into the pyramid it will happen through a LL organised WoS. If they don't they can stay junior. What won't happen is being both junior and in the pyramid at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Glad we can circle back to the exact point I made in the first place.

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

This is why I only see the proposal being single division or Conferences. The LL/EoS/SoS aren't going to want to rank clubs. If the eventual members decide they want to rank each other  into tiers of some sort let them bring it up and vote on it.

Chances are the vote will go for Conferences, as we've seen with the EoS voting, albeit slightly, for Conferences again next year.