Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The beauty of this of course is that clubs can stay in the Juniors if they aren't comfortable with a Conference system (or any other aspect of the WoSFL). 

They have a choice.

Aye - take it or leave it 👍

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Why is it hard for you to imagine that going to your clubs supporters saying for example, we will lose upwards of X amount in the first year if we go for this opition however in year three we may claw that back... might not be applauded? 

Maybe you should do a short presentation on Thursday night... might not be applauded.

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

Why is it hard for you to imagine that going to your clubs supporters saying for example, we will lose upwards of X amount in the first year if we go for this opition however in year three we may claw that back... might not be applauded? 

Because we have a precedent from last year we can refer to.  You don't want to listen though so it's pointless, you're just here to stir it up a bit.

2 hours ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

'The LL/EoS/SoS aren't going to want to rank clubs. '

Its been posted on here several times that when the 3 EoS conferences were set up last season, the teams were seeded.

Unless that info is wrong, doesn't it really amount to the same thing ?

Not really. For conferences you just need a list of clubs, which you work down and assign a letter - 1, 4, 7 = A; 2, 5, 8 = B; 3, 6, 9 = C.  If you were merging the entire SOS + WR + other applicants - it wouldn't really matter which group was listed above the other, as a third of clubs would go into each conference anyway.

Here's what the EOS conference listing looked like. As you can see from the second image it created a roughly equal spread of both abilities, and clubs from each of their previous divisions.

image.png

image.png

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Getting back to Gordon Ronney's assertions. The SFA could theoretically sanction a WRSJFA run WoS in the senior grade for as soon as next season, but the point that needs to be made clear is that league would not be able to enter the  pyramid as a west feeder without the LL, EoS and SoS also signing off on it because of the way the LL playoff rules are worded. It is disingenuous to leave people with the impression that there is a viable path to the pyramid through that approach. There isn't.

I really hope he is questioned on the LL play-off issue as none of his tweets or posts have addressed this. Does he think the SFA will accept the WRJFA proposal and they'll magically have access to the pyramid?

58 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Is that not another way of saying it's our way or the highway?

Isn't that what Gordon Ronney and the WRJFA are saying with their application to run the WOS? That doesn't give those who want to break free of the SJFA a choice.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

How do they know they are going to lose it. You may find you increase attendances on a game that might have been nothing but could be a top of conference game. Lithgae vs camelon 415 and 602 last season in the juniors it was 300-350 in recent yrs 

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

But on the other hand if we choose to stay we will die a slow death and end up having to move and end up in the bottom league and lost more money than you would have if you if you go at the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Aye - take it or leave it 👍

Pretty much.  I don't particularly care if some bigger clubs don't move, it is their choice and nobody is forcing them.

Two Conferences of 14/16 would be ideal in my opinion to kick things off.

If Talbot stay in Ronneys league they will lose a of a lot of money as I know a few supporters who wont be going to as many games if any.

O

When will Talbot be having a meeting with supporters to discuss what their plans are?

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Moving from being outside of the pyramid to the highest level they can apply to within the pyramid?

As others have said you're just posting shite to try and help your pals Ronney and Johnston. You know it's a lot of pish.

Jeeso 🤣🤣 actual tears here. I wouldn't be very good at agendas when I'm offering genuine concerns I've heard from clubs that might actually help by addressing!!

I'm pretty sure both those individuals can express themselves well enough themselves. Gordon did give me a bottle of whisky once because I made Kilbirnie a video when they beat us in the ardgh cup final if that counts as conspiracy???

Not sure  TJ has ever said hello to me? Busy guy. George J did say he was mad at me once for something i posted and risked a fine or ban or something but that's the extent of my interactions with both individuals. 

1 hour ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

There should be no assumption, all possibilities should be examined, and ultimately decided upon by the clubs themselves.

Totally agree - there was plenty speculation and good (different) ideas on potential solutions for the East - I think the EoS league guys came up with the conference model and it stuck... just playing it out for one season too many, as it happens, but it worked initially. 

People should come at it again with open minds because there might be a completely different approach that works for the majority.

Sure they'll know more once notes of interest are converted into firm applications.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

If Talbot stay in Ronneys league they will lose a of a lot of money as I know a few supporters who wont be going to as many games if any.

O

Let's not kid ourselves on here ever premier club is moving whether some fans like it or not some club's are just waiting in the wings and will go with the majority tomorrows meeting is a waste of time and will show forward thinking club's there's only one show in town and it will be on thursday.

O

Dont worry, Talbot have been talking to the LL people since this was all announced, they just don’t want to admit it publicly as they know some wont be for it etc, but they’re going.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Seeding clubs for Conferences is different from ranking them to place into Tier 6, Tier 7 etc.

The LL/EoS/SoS are going to be okay with saying single division or Conferences. But not ranking them to go into tiered divisions.

EDIT: And no they aren't the same thing. Which is why its fine if the eventual members decide to vote for a tiered approach.

'But not ranking them to go into tiered divisions.'......Assumption .

The Ll will be guided by the club's wishes ,hopefully .

Good.

Dont worry, Talbot have been talking to the LL people since this was all announced, they just don’t want to admit it publicly as they know some wont be for it etc, but they’re going.