Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

18 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

I'm just backwards, stupid, lying, arse etc for dare asking questions and putting forward my concerns. Sad thing for me is I'm actually for joining the pyramid but genuinely worry what type of environment that will look if having a different concern or focus is greeted with what I'm getting on p&b. 

Everybody is entitled to put forward the concerns,don't think anybody would have a problem with that,  but from what I've seen of your recent posts, they are just snidy and sarcy.

People aren't going to respond to that positively.

Lochar Thistle and Heston Rovers are currently the only two Dumfries based teams and whilst the latter has been mentioned ( not by the Club ) they ground share Palmerston with Queen of the South and therefore don’t have first option on fixtures ! It’ll be interesting to see if any of the South sides are genuinely interested ! 
Ground share isn't necessarily an issue see Edinburgh City sharing with Spartans, BSC with Alloa, Stirling Uni with Stirling Albion & East Stirling with Falkirk (previously Stenhousmuir). The rules are the club higher up the system get first priority so some Friday night games will be played with a Sunday game now & again for the club lower down the system.

8 minutes ago, santheman said:

As I've said any club official Ive spoken to has said of course they will back whatever proposal the WRJFA come up with (show loyalty if you want to put it like that) at the meeting on Tuesday but they will also confirm their note of interest with the LL at Thursdays meeting until this all comes to a conclusion.

Some people try to paint some of the Junior club officials as old duffers stuck in the past (and some are) but theyre not as stupid as some would believe,

That's definitely what any good politician would do in this situation. Be seen to cater to both the heart and the head. It's unpalatable emotionally for some people given the 134 years of history angle, but the LL holds all the aces where pyramid entry is concerned and this is ultimately only heading in one direction, which is a senior WoS with no SJFA involvement.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

It was a former Largs Thistle player - George Wall. A legend at the club. His comment about the SFA meeting in June was just daft IMO. (People didn't realise I was being sarcastic earlier).

Considering Wallsa has a junior cup winners medal unlike folk on here his opinion should not be derided. He was told at Ladeside meeting that NOTHING will be decided until SFA meeting in June...and that nothing may well even be decided then.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
6 minutes ago, AML67 said:
Lochar Thistle and Heston Rovers are currently the only two Dumfries based teams and whilst the latter has been mentioned ( not by the Club ) they ground share Palmerston with Queen of the South and therefore don’t have first option on fixtures ! It’ll be interesting to see if any of the South sides are genuinely interested ! 

Ground share isn't necessarily an issue see Edinburgh City sharing with Spartans, BSC with Alloa, Stirling Uni with Stirling Albion & East Stirling with Falkirk (previously Stenhousmuir). The rules are the club higher up the system get first priority so some Friday night games will be played with a Sunday game now & again for the club lower down the system.

True although can’t see either looking at the potential step up or certainly no rumours to that effect in the South 

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I'll be surprised if this charade goes on much beyond the end of this week, I doubt the LL will go ahead with a formal application process without a clear indication that the SPFL and SFA are happy for them to do so.

Honestly while I have followed this thread from day one I am utterly sick of it, like being drunk but having that last nauseating glass that means a restless night. I just want it to end!

5 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Everybody is entitled to put forward the concerns,don't think anybody would have a problem with that,  but from what I've seen of your recent posts, they are just snidy and sarcy.

People aren't going to respond to that positively.

Victim blaming now, hoped things would have improved by this evening but clearly no.

2 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Considering Wallsa has a junior cup winners medal unlike folk on here his opinion should not be derided. He was told at Ladeside meeting that NOTHING will be decided until SFA meeting in June...and that nothing may well even be decided then.

He was going by what he was TOLD - from the people that talked of "done deals."

10 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

Out of curiosity should Clydebank and Kilwinning be able to attend the West Region meeting on Tuesday night although both clubs are members of The Sjfa but have both indicated that they are both leaving. 

Hopefully they'll show up to make sure that the membership get a balanced picture of what's happening and to ask awkward questions such as why a preious general meeting was led to believe that both the SPFL and LL were backing Option Z.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Hopefully they'll show up to make sure that the membership get a balanced picture of what's happening and to ask awkward questions such as why a preious general meeting was led to believe that both the SPFL and LL were backing Option Z.

What makes you think they will be balanced when they've already as good as quit, taking what I hear was a respectable region official with them in the process?  Genuinely interested as from a far they appear as very unhappy.

Edited by Killiepiyo

19 minutes ago, gogsy said:

There are probably about 15-20 West  junior clubs that haven't even put in an expression of interest in the Lowland league plan if the total  number of 51 expressions of interest is accurate.

And there's 4 I know of who have put in expressions of interest who have no intention of following that up with an application unless other clubs in the same geographical area go ahead and do it,  in which case they might change their minds. Everyone is playing the waiting game.

Just now, Killiepiyo said:

What makes you think they be balanced when they've already as good as quit, taking what I hear was a respectable region official with them in the process?  

Kilbirnie Ladeside have put in a note of interest for the LL/EoS/SoS WoSFL. Will they be balanced when they attend that meeting?

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Honestly while I have followed this thread from day one I am utterly sick of it, like being drunk but having that last nauseating glass that means a restless night. I just want it to end!

Me, I like the "regionalise at T3" chat... breaks the monotony 🤣

20 minutes ago, timeforchange said:

Out of curiosity should Clydebank and Kilwinning be able to attend the West Region meeting on Tuesday night although both clubs are members of The Sjfa but have both indicated that they are both leaving. 

"indicating to leave" is only that - an indication. They haven't actually left yet.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Kilbirnie Ladeside have put in a note of interest for the LL/EoS/SoS WoSFL. Will they be balanced when they attend that meeting?

It's an information meeting so I'd imagine they will be there like everyone else to collect information? 

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

What makes you think they be balanced when they've already as good as quit, taking what I hear was a respectable region official with them in the process?  

A balanced picture is provided by being able to hear both sides of an argument rather than just one. It's unfortunate,that nobody at the earlier general meeting was available to question the validity of the assertion that both the SPFL and the LL backed Option Z. If there had been, maybe Option W would have been backed instead and things would not now be heading for an acrimonious split.