Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Anyone noted this article in the Largs local paper? https://www.largsandmillportnews.com/sport/18286676.devil-detail-new-pyramid-proposals/?ref=twtrec

Sounds like another effort at lies and more lies.  What is this SFA meeting on 7th June that he thinks will decide the future of the new WOS league.  

"The devil in the detail" [not yet detailed] but hey forget that, stick with the WRJFA and back their proposal "stick together" "134 years" etc.

Just contradicted himself.

5 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

At what point does the WRJFA proposal need the endorsement of an EGM of the SJFA? Surely what the WRJFA are doing at the present time is unconstitutional as they have not received a mandate from the SJFA.

How can the SFA treat Tuesday’s meeting as serious when it is unconstitutional?

People involved with the WRJFA are pushing the line any club leaving needs to give 12 months notice (false), but it doesn't seem to concern them that they themselves are dumping the ERJFA and NRJFA without any mandate to do so.

Does the EoSL have anything similar to what operates in the West Region regarding compensating travelling clubs when a match is called off? If a club has had the park inspected by a ref in the morning the West Region pays this compensation. If not, it's up to the club that failed to get a ref inspection to pay up.

16 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It is more than collecting notes of interest. This is signing up to saying we back the West Region and NOT the other proposal. That's why they want two top level officials from each club at the meeting.

I really don't think it will make the slightest difference which clubs or how many agree to back the WJFA proposals - they do not have anything firm to offer, it's too far gone.

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I believe that club's will view any commitment as "I am interested in keeping all avenues open".  I would be very surprised if any more than a handful of clubs sign up to the WRJFA WOSL plan to the exclusion of the LL WOSFL proposal.

What if it's put to them if you sign up for ours (WRJFA WoSL) you can't sign up for theirs (LL WoSL)?

(How you enforce that's another matter. Maybe - Loyalty to the grade/history/solidarity/all in/done deal.)

1 hour ago, archieb said:

The corollary to that is the expectation of conferences leading to relatively smaller gates for the better supported clubs which, even for a single season, could be seen as enough of a financial risk and disincentive to prevent some Premiership members from applying.

Are there enough teams with a decent number of away fans to actually make a big difference, if you have two conferences so are only playing half of the Premiership clubs?

If clubs sell it properly to their home fans - as a one season thing, enabling licensing, etc. - then crowds shouldn't drop that much.

21 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Anyone noted this article in the Largs local paper? https://www.largsandmillportnews.com/sport/18286676.devil-detail-new-pyramid-proposals/?ref=twtrec

Sounds like another effort at lies and more lies.  What is this SFA meeting on 7th June that he thinks will decide the future of the new WOS league.  

"Continue as in within the West Junior FA set-up allowing us to play our local rivals in Ayrshire within the Pyramid structure."

"As one well known Largs supporter said at the meeting “stick together”."

Along with Clydebank, Kilwinning will surely be moving - so sticking together and continuing to play all your Ayrshire rivals will be impossible?

The SFA meeting will be their AGM, but I'd have thought things would be sorted before then as you can't have uncertainty going on that long with the new season starting in 7-8 weeks.

Edited by Ginaro

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What if it's put to them if you sign up for ours (WRJFA WoSL) you can't sign up for theirs (LL WoSL)?

(How you enforce that's another matter. Maybe - Loyalty to the grade/history/solidarity/all in/done deal.)

It's not a case of you can't - it's a case of them saying their signed statement overrides the LL one when they put it to the SFA.....and as well ALL know, it is them that has the final say at their AGM in June. The LL, EoSL, SoSL have no say in the matter.

29 minutes ago, santheman said:

If all WRJFA clubs do decide to jump ship and they all apply for the ground development grants  (1k??) that are being suggested will be available (same as they are in the EOS) where will the funding come from for what would essentially be a start up league 

Presumably the fund you refer to is via the Scottish Football Partnership and not the leagues - I think Junior clubs can also apply for this to max £1000 (per year)

The amount you can apply for is greater for Licensed clubs, and higher again for LL clubs and increadsing incrementally further up the chain.

The EoS association also has a fund for smaller awards, but I doubt that could be accessed by WoS clubs.

To me the SJFA should be sharing cash with its member clubs that have contributed towards it for so long... unlikely to happen now I suspect.

Edited by Che Dail

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yeah he's nailed it to be fair.

Robert James is a greater mind and more constructive poster in these threads than me.

Anti-pyramid trolls contribute more to this thread than RJ.

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It's not a case of you can't - it's a case of them saying their signed statement overrides the LL one when they put it to the SFA.....and as well ALL know, it is them that has the final say at their AGM in June. The LL, EoSL, SoSL have no say in the matter.

You're simply wrong about this, sorry!

6 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Wrong.

37 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It is more than collecting notes of interest. This is signing up to saying we back the West Region and NOT the other proposal. That's why they want two top level officials from each club at the meeting.

Obviously I'm not familiar with the consitutions of the 60-odd clubs, but I doubt whether many of the officials (whether one or two) will be empowered to commit to anything without referring back to their committees or members.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See the boy who wrote that largs column, was he smoking crack? Wont know til June? I mean he could not go on the internet for 3 months and find out then, but we’ll know in a few weeks.

It was a former Largs Thistle player - George Wall. A legend at the club. His comment about the SFA meeting in June was just daft IMO. (People didn't realise I was being sarcastic earlier).

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

Is the SFA AGM even in June this year? Seem to re-call it being earlier than usual due to Euro 2020 starting on the 12th.

Oh - so we get to find out which league wins out even quicker then.

(Again...……………….sarcasm).

I'll be surprised if this charade goes on much beyond the end of this week, I doubt the LL will go ahead with a formal application process without a clear indication that the SPFL and SFA are happy for them to do so.