Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Sorry if this has already been covered but what time are the meetings on Tuesday and Thursday? I hope every club attends both even if they’ve already decided their destination next season, it’s important to get all the facts from both sides. Some of the smaller clubs may want to wait out the first season if they don’t want to face the big guns in one sided games and then join once lower tiers are formed.

Hopefully both meetings are open forums for genuine questions and there is no mud slinging. Let clubs get all the facts and then they can make an informed decision on their future.

30 minutes ago, Dev said:

Given some of the social media statements by people allegedly promoting the Juniors wish to control a Tier 6 League/Divisions in the west it may be a good thing if such individuals were present so that they could express their views etc. I don't doubt that those organising the Thursday meeting would deal with this appropriately/proportionately.

It could help to filter the mud from the waters. 

Yes I agree that the LL, EoSL, SoSL officials, together with the SFA, are more than able to deal with any questions which arise at the Lowland WoSL meeting.  

However, the alleged "part-PWG meeting" on the same day  (unlikely ?) is very odd, if true ? 

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Sorry if this has already been covered but what time are the meetings on Tuesday and Thursday? I hope every club attends both even if they’ve already decided their destination next season, it’s important to get all the facts from both sides. Some of the smaller clubs may want to wait out the first season if they don’t want to face the big guns in one sided games and then join once lower tiers are formed.

Hopefully both meetings are open forums for genuine questions and there is no mud slinging. Let clubs get all the facts and then they can make an informed decision on their future.

Tuesday's meeting is for the WRSJFA and their proposal.

Thursday's meeting is for the LL/EoS/SoS WoSFL proposal for those that have put in a note of interest.

The WRSJFA are meant to be trying to get a "PWG" meeting arrranged on Thursday for league committe reps and presumably the SFA. There's nothing official on this front.

The only one that anyone knows how it will go is the LL/EoS/SoS WoSFL meeting, since they've said what the topics will cover.

http://slfl.co.uk/statement-pyramid-update/#more-13181

"This will include the minimum qualification standards (including the ground criteria based on the EoSFL model), the governance arrangements, the administration support available, the options for the structure of the new league and the completion of the form itself.

The application forms will be sent to the 51 Clubs along with the invitation to the meeting, and will also be made available to any other Club on request. The completed forms will be treated in strictest confidence.

Clubs are encouraged to send any questions they have to geo_fraser@hotmail.co.uk by Wednesday 11 March so the meeting can be as informative as possible.

Questions on the night will also be encouraged.

The idea is to give the Clubs as much information as possible to inform their decision-making process."

47 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Nah I'm sure that's pricey and his aliases

Assuming that Marshmallow is referring to me, I suggest you just ignore him.  He is unable to understand the depths and complexity of some  issues, and then resorts to rants, to cover this up.

It's a shame really, as the purpose of P&B forums is to exchange views, agree or disagree, as appropriate. 

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

It's a shame really, as the purpose of P&B forums is to exchange views, agree or disagree, as appropriate. 

Its odd you think that as all you do is post statements which generally contain fantasies you've made up and factual errors by the bucketload and then ignore anyone who points this out.

2 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Its odd you think that as all you do is post statements which generally contain fantasies you've made up and factual errors by the bucketload and then ignore anyone who points this out.

Everyone on here makes errors.

"Fantasies" ? Wow. Have you highlighted any of these ? Please do so, as I didn't realise I was that imaginative.  Are you a friend of MM ? 

Rossvale have tweeted out about some sort of Juniors only meeting on Tuesday where the WRJFA are going to "pitch" their league.
Nothing new, been mentioned plenty of times further up the page. Only thing different from a "normal" delegates meeting was that I heard at the weekend that clubs had been asked to send 2 from their President, VP and Secretary.

Gordon Ronney has been naming clubs as backing the West Region proposal fully, be interesting to see if any of them dispute that tomorrow night.

12 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Nothing new, been mentioned plenty of times further up the page. Only thing different from a "normal" delegates meeting was that I heard at the weekend that clubs had been asked to send 2 from their President, VP and Secretary.

Gordon Ronney has been naming clubs as backing the West Region proposal fully, be interesting to see if any of them dispute that tomorrow night.

I may have missed that. What clubs has he mentioned?

How many clubs have been named? (just numbers not names). Last week there was issue with two (I think) clubs being touted as supporting the proposal despite no such commitment being made by said clubs. This was after some name dropping at the Largs meeting Romneny attended.

14 hours ago, VillanoXIV said:

One question I wanted to ask was has there been any issues with Juniors moving over to the EOS in terms of fixture pile-ups and the calendar shift? 

As far as I know, the senior teams are restricted from playing in June, while the Juniors do so a few weeks later to allow them to deal with fixture pile-ups like Talbot every year or Wishaw’s hellish season where they had three thousand games in hand by April and ended up playing four games a week by the end.

Is there any sort of protocol for this in the Seniors? With the apocalyptic weather we’ve had this year and whole cards being postponed, how are the EOS defectors poised to cope in the finishing straight this year?

I know others have answer this but I thought it would be worth contrasting Linlithgow Rose's experience this year with being Junior.

We had floodlights while we were Junior, but they have sort of unholy alliance against the devil's illuminations. So we couldn't play midweek matches until well into April. This season, we have midweek matches every week from tomorrow for a few weeks. Also, you'd regularly get drawn in the Junior Cup at a ground with a heavy pitch and you could lose a month on that. But the chances of continual matches being called off is lower with a real fixture list and though we had three weeks off, the backlog isn't so bad.

The league has to be finished by a particular date but cups can run on. This means nobody is hanging around while one club catches up on their league schedule - I once went to a game between Largs and Auchinleck Talbot, and the home side had been waiting two months for the match. It was closer to the next season than the current one.

You could of course end up having to play three games in a week if you were unlucky, but that happened often enough in the Juniors too.

How many clubs have been named? (just numbers not names). Last week there was issue with two (I think) clubs being touted as supporting the proposal despite no such commitment being made by said clubs. This was after some name dropping at the Largs meeting Romneny attended.
I'm sure the email last week mentioned 9 top flight clubs, with a couple of mibbies, others undecided, and one definite no, which I think we can safely assume was Clydebank. He wisely didn't put any names in the email, but he has mentioned names at other times.

33 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

We all know they will break out the hits for this meeting on Tuesday more expensive tickets 150k toilets. ALthough I thought their aim was to get in the pyramid. So regardless if they stick with them then what is the point in staying junior because surely if the juniors entered the pyramid they'd still need 150k toilets?

19 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I know others have answer this but I thought it would be worth contrasting Linlithgow Rose's experience this year with being Junior.

We had floodlights while we were Junior, but they have sort of unholy alliance against the devil's illuminations. So we couldn't play midweek matches until well into April. This season, we have midweek matches every week from tomorrow for a few weeks. Also, you'd regularly get drawn in the Junior Cup at a ground with a heavy pitch and you could lose a month on that. But the chances of continual matches being called off is lower with a real fixture list and though we had three weeks off, the backlog isn't so bad.

The league has to be finished by a particular date but cups can run on. This means nobody is hanging around while one club catches up on their league schedule - I once went to a game between Largs and Auchinleck Talbot, and the home side had been waiting two months for the match. It was closer to the next season than the current one.

You could of course end up having to play three games in a week if you were unlucky, but that happened often enough in the Juniors too.

If had been played earlier and on a Saturday it would have meant something to both clubs. Largs were trying to avoid relegation and Talbot were going for the League. Ended up being played on Monday night to a poor crowd as both issues had been decided.

26 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
39 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'm sure the email last week mentioned 9 top flight clubs, with a couple of mibbies, others undecided, and one definite no, which I think we can safely assume was Clydebank. He wisely didn't put any names in the email, but he has mentioned names at other times.

The list is largely irrelevant (although there are clubs who allegedly are/were on the list who didn't sign up to it).

The pertinent points he needs to answer is do the WRJFA have guaranteed entry to the LL play-off? if not, how does he intend to obtain this in the face of LL, EoS and SoS opposition?

Do the SFA and SPFL support their plan?

Will only the Premiership be part of the Pyramid and the rest remain Junior, ultimately remaining under SJFA administration, with associated fines etc?

If so, are the clubs under Junior administration eligible for SFA licencing, U20 league etc, and if they are do you have any guarantees on that?

Where would non-WRJFA west clubs who want access to the Pyramid join?

The SJFA are operating under an "all-in" mandate, how and when did this change?

Just some of the issues that clubs should be seeking answers to.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The list is largely irrelevant (although there are clubs who allegedly are/were on the list who didn't sign up to it).

The pertinent points he needs to answer is do the WRJFA have guaranteed entry to the LL play-off? if not, how does he intend to obtain this in the face of LL, EoS and SoS opposition?

Do the SFA and SPFL support their plan?

Will only the Premiership be part of the Pyramid and the rest remain Junior, ultimately remaining under SJFA administration, with associated fines etc?

If so, are the clubs under Junior administration eligible for SFA licencing, U20 league etc, and if they are do you have any guarantees on that?

Where would non-WRJFA west clubs who want access to the Pyramid join?

The SJFA are operating under an "all-in" mandate, how and when did this change?

Just some of the issues that clubs should be seeking answers to.

I'm not sure enough of them really care to be honest and thats the problem in the west it seems to be all about the grade. Theirs a few who really want to go and the rest just dont want to be left behind

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm not sure enough of them really care to be honest and thats the problem in the west it seems to be all about the grade. Theirs a few who really want to go and the rest just dont want to be left behind

I'm going to guess he'll want more clubs to sign up to his "declaration", hence why he wants more than just normal delegates at the meeting.

He wants it so he can wave it at the SFA, problem is the LL can wave 56 notes of interest back at him!

4 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Yes, there were plenty positives about that first season of conferences:

- Everyone starts on an equal footing

- 3 conference winners produced

- 1 eventual overall winner gained promotion to the Lowland League

- Top 5 rewarded with promotion to the top league for the following season

- Relatively big gates for lower-level clubs 

- New cups and competitions - One providing access to the Scottish Cup

- Visits to new venues and different clubs

- All clubs with renewed focus on improving facilities, regardless of league position, working towards gaining a club license

- All clubs treated fairly

It should feel like a completely new and exciting start for everyone involved.  The process might and probably will result in exactly the same top league being created as the West Premier - so I can see the point folk are making that a season could be saved by 'restoring' the top level now... but what's the rush, in the grand scheme of things? Everyone will find their level naturally over time.

The corrolory to that is the expectation of conferences leading to relatively smaller gates for the better supported clubs which, even for a single season, could be seen as enough of a financial risk and disincentive to prevent some Premiership members from applying.

5 minutes ago, archieb said:

The corrolory to that is the expectation of conferences leading to relatively smaller gates for the better supported clubs which, even for a single season, could be seen as enough of a financial risk and disincentive to prevent some Premiership members from applying.

It never harmed the bigger clubs in the east, why would it in the west?