Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

38 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I am concerned that some of the junior club Reps (eg Ronney ?) will attend the Lowland  meeting for the wrong reasons.  Instead of having a genuine interest in learning about, and joining the (senior) WoSL pyramid league, they may try to disrupt (and confuse) the meeting by promoting the WRJFA league, and  arguing for the outcome from the Junior's meeting tomorrow.

Any such attempt to muddy the waters, must be firmly dismissed by the Lowland (& SFA) management meeting coordinators. 

I hope that my concern is unfounded.

Good morning Burnie_Man.

No observations from you regarding the above......are you slipping ?

Well that would have been easy enough said, feel its just a chance to ridicule and attack anyone daring to question 'the way it is'.  Again promise I won't be the only person with similar questions. Is it like the hounds smell blood or something? when everyone takes turns at posting your stupid, backwards and some sort of co conspirator?
Really? Alternatively, people have spent time and effort posting it and are frustrated when people go about finding out the lazy way and expect everyone else to do their work for them.

If I can find the information you seek then I would be really, really surprised if you couldn't, given technology isnt really my thing.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Robert, you need to step away from the keyboard mate.

A surprising response from you, to an important post about Thursday's key meeting.  Especially as I thought we were both advocates of the same pyramid outcome !!!

Best wishes, as always.

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Its also really the only way to simply state what will happen not knowing the eventual numbers. So then everyone will be applying on the idea that it will be Conferences anyway.

Indeed there's nothing more that can be done until we know the exact numbers who apply/are accepted. So they may as well state now that it's a single division or conferences if need be.

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Yes of course, my position is my own in that I think Talbot would perhaps be the best placed to make a success of integration. That said I'm not the type to set all the curtains in the house on fire while trying to add an extension. Im about as far from a 'blazer' as you can get yet here I am accused as a stupid co-conspirators pedling misinformation when asking related questions. They might be stupid to someone with 2000 pages worth of posts but aware I'm far from the only one with them.

Good to hear of your dedication and concerns. I suspect that matters will become much clearer once the WR Juniors give the details of their proposals on Tuesday and the Lowland/EoS/SoS do much the same on Thursday. Your clubs' representative should be approached ahead of these meetings with your questions so he/she can raise them.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

I am concerned that some of the junior club Reps (eg Ronney ?) will attend the Lowland  meeting for the wrong reasons.  Instead of having a genuine interest in learning about, and joining the (senior) WoSL pyramid league, they may try to disrupt (and confuse) the meeting by promoting the WRJFA league, and  arguing for the outcome from the Junior's meeting tomorrow.

Any such attempt to muddy the waters, must be firmly dismissed by the Lowland (& SFA) management meeting coordinators. 

I hope that my concern is unfounded.

Given some of the social media statements by people allegedly promoting the Juniors wish to control a Tier 6 League/Divisions in the west it may be a good thing if such individuals were present so that they could express their views etc. I don't doubt that those organising the Thursday meeting would deal with this appropriately/proportionately.

It could help to filter the mud from the waters. 

30 minutes ago, Robert James said:

A surprising response from you, to an important post about Thursday's key meeting.  Especially as I thought we were both advocates of the same pyramid outcome !!!

Best wishes, as always.

Why cant some people discuss the topic without continually snipping.  It spoils the flow of good discussion/

5 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Would conferences be decided on location?

Eg Clydebank Pollok Benburb

Beith Kilwinning Largs

Talbot Cumnock Glenafton

Or something similar?

Once applications are known, the structure will be decided. But if they do it in the same way as they did in the EOS, it will be seeded. For example, if all West Premiership clubs applied, the top seeds will be the teams who finished 1st - 3rd this season, second seeds will be teams finishing 4th - 6th and so on. Non-WRJFA applicants will then be treated separately in terms of seeding.

Edit: just to add, this is to balance the conferences so they are of equal strength, which is the fairest way to decide the clubs in the WoSFL Premier. Regional conferences could get lopsided meaning that some clubs that are strong enough for the Premier division wouldn't make it and vice versa.

Edited by Marten

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Its also really the only way to simply state what will happen not knowing the eventual numbers. So then everyone will be applying on the idea that it will be Conferences anyway.

If this is what happens it will also put those clubs which may not wish to move next season in a position that they should know that they will start at the very bottom at a later date. At least they would know that. No excuses.

14 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Would conferences be decided on location?

Eg Clydebank Pollok Benburb

Beith Kilwinning Largs

Talbot Cumnock Glenafton

Or something similar?

Perhaps you should ask your club's representative this, and any other, question which is concerning you. If they attend both Tuesday and Thursday's meeting he/she will be able to give you direct feed-back.

That would be one of the fairest ways to do it. The dumfries teams etc would slot well in with that bottom lot, i believe this is one of the proposals....
How do you get people positioned right for year 2? Seeded conferences are the quickest way to get everyone to their level.