Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

If there's 48 clubs interested, would be fair to say that around 38-40 are current Junior clubs.

Maybe then add two or three SoS clubs, and maybe three to five Amatuer/Youth clubs. As well as the Two Uni sides.

Not all 48 will apply. As for example Rangers Colts might have expressed an interest for all we know. I reckon we will have a WOS of 42 clubs next season, with three conferences of 14.

Bookmark to comeback and prove how glakeit I am

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

48 clubs !! Nah that canny be right Gordon ronney says he's got hunners signed up to his league. 

It's all about keeping a foot in each camp at this stage of proceedings and waiting to see how it all pans out.

Cant blame any club for doing that

1 minute ago, Killiepiyo said:

So there have been 48 emails from someone saying they are a committee member of whatever club and want further info?

I'm assuming this comes from a point of view of doubting the legitimacy of the number. I wouldn't. Keep in mind even Kilbirnie have put in a note of interest. Just because clubs have put in an email to see what its all about, doesn't mean they will act on it.

4 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

48 clubs !! Nah that canny be right Gordon ronney says he's got hunners signed up to his league. 

Aye, next he'll be claiming Bayern have expressed interest in the Westie Scotland League.... 

Bayern Tweedsmuir that is.

5 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Well that's a hell of a nice and neat 3x16 if they all go for it and get accepted :)

Must admit to being wrong, folk posting that maybe 40 clubs expressed interest. I'm thinking 'Is it really that many ??'

One occasion where I'm quite happy to admit over scepticism !

You have to remember Kilbirnie have expressed an interest and their chairman, what's his name, says they wont be going unless all junior clubs are going which means Kilbirnie wont be one of the clubs joining the new WOS, so its definitely down to 47.  There will be a few other clubs who will bottle it etc  that's the normal but if its two divisions Id think that's great. I was only wanting one division at the very least so we would have a new WOS up and running.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

It's all about keeping a foot in each camp at this stage of proceedings and waiting to see how it all pans out.

Cant blame any club for doing that

It's not a foot in both camps. The West Region have a list of clubs on their list and they are going to SFA and saying the WoSL can't claim to have these numbers as they have pledged to stick with the West Region.

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You have to remember Kilbirnie have expressed and interest and their chairman, what's his name, says they wont be going unless all junior clubs are going which means Kilbirnie wont be one of the clubs joining the new WOS, so its definitely down to 47.  There will be a few other clubs who will bottle it etc  that's the normal but if its two divisions Id think that's great. I was only wanting one division at the very least so we would have a new WOS up and running.

I'll stick to my original thoughts then, 30-32 clubs, 2 leagues-worth.

As you say, some may bottle it.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm assuming this comes from a point of view of doubting the legitimacy of the number. 

No I think its perfectly legitimate 48 people/clubs emailed in for more information, I'm just not sure it means much other than that. It's what comes next that's interesting 

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

It's not a foot in both camps. The West Region have a list of clubs on their list and they are going to SFA and saying the WoSL can't claim to have these numbers as they have pledged to stick with the West Region.

So tell us what gems Beenze promised tonight at Largs.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

You sure thats the plan? 

Just now, theesel1994 said:

Yes it is.

i know of 4 clubs who have expressed an interest in a WOSL and have also told the WRSJFA that they support them as well so if thats not keeping a foot in both camps i dont know what is.

As i said it's a waiting game.

Tbf even the most positive of us were thinking that the WOSFL may struggle to get to 12 Expressions of Interests. So 48 is fantastic, the only issue is that the SFA might not be happy, as they've said 64 is the maximum number of clubs they can deal with at Tier 6.

Fair to say to those that are a bit slow, the West of Scotland League is happening, and will be at Tier 6 next season, without a doubt.

4 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

No I think its perfectly legitimate 48 people/clubs emailed in for more information, I'm just not sure it means much other than that. It's what comes next that's interesting 

As I said before id be happy with one division starting and if it does start then it will grow each year. The only problem is, teams who remain if and when they join the WOS will go in at a lower tier thus they have year to make up as lower teams might be above them to get to the level they think or they should be.  As a committee of any team, interesting times and decisions ahead.

Personally its a no brainer, join the pyramid now even if your a lower down junior club, you go in higher up and enjoy a couple of fruitful years as some bigger teams join

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

So ur quite happy to go along with this junior league. What happens when they dont get in

Where did I say that ? Never agreed with a lot he said and my interruptions were irritating him lol. He knows i have no desire to see the preservation of the Sjfa , see no need for them and told him I am only really interested in the preservation and advancement of my club.  He didn't agree with me but that's life . Would advise anybody with questions to contact him , he's a decent guy have known him for many many years 

The big deal here is that at one of the PWG meetings TJ stated zero of the west region clubs would have an interest in moving to another league & leaving the sjfa. Clearly this is not the case. Some have stated their interest in public for all to see.

6 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

I think its unlikely that many clubs would register interest, then suddenly go ' nah, we'll no bother efter a'.

I'd say the majority of those will apply, probably 30-32 clubs, enough for 2 leagues.