Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Basically what we have here is I have decided to put an extension on my house contacted the council for planning permission and asked builders to tender.

At the same time my neighbour is telling the builders not to tender as he is also planning to build an extension on my house and the planning committee don't meet til June.

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.55517c8b337278e1a83d03c09a88c9e8.png

And its been confirmed that the WJFA proposal is just tacking on the West Region to the pyramid. Since this move is meant to be about the salvation of the association, presumably that means staying members in the SJFA. Which means the Drumchapel's and Glasgow University's of the West of Scotland will have to join the SJFA to access the West of Scotland pyramid leagues.

Surely the obvious question here is why on earth didn't the SJFA just do this last year? They could also have tacked on the ERSJFA at tier 6 too while they were at it. Throw in the North Juniors as  aTier 6 division and that would be everyone all in.

There's a very obvious answer and it is as true now as it was last year

55 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.55ea1eb1984529ab3f750b9725a2f89e.png

1. It was the SJFA that asked to join the pyramid following a number of members announcing their decision to join the EoSFL. The results of the questionnaire was used as the basis for this.

2. The SFA said it would facilitate meetings between the leagues involved and organised the PWG again.

3. 1+2 again

4. The leagues in the pyramid agreed to the idea of the Juniors joining on the aligning of discipline, registrations, fixture lists and the EoSFL actually said no but happy for the West of join.

5. May 2018-January 2020 no consensus could be reached but the need for a West of Scotland league is continually raised. It was the SFA that walked away because no consensus could be reached.

6. Following the end of the PWG the LL and EoS are contacted by clubs in the West of Scotland about wanting a West of Scotland league in the pyramid. Begin putting one together due to these informal notes of interest.

7. A number of WJFA clubs announce their interest in seeing what the pyramid WoSFL would look like. The WJFA decides to copy the idea.

8. The LL & EoS West of Scotland League has a deadline for applications of March 31st. With a information meeting around it to be announced prior to that. Once application deadline has past clubs will be accepted and a WoSFL will be formed.

Points 1,2,3,5 and 8 are absolute rubbish.

So he is either very badly informed, or is lying.  Either way, if he is going into club meetings intending to say this, he is misinforming and misleading people.

11 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Surely the obvious question here is why on earth didn't the SJFA just do this last year? They could also have tacked on the ERSJFA at tier 6 too while they were at it. Throw in the North Juniors as  aTier 6 division and that would be everyone all in.

I actually think the STSDATHHB plan here from the West top table is a good one, but it is too late. Had it been proposed last year it may well have worked. But there has been too much water under the bridge for it to work now. Too much faith put in certain people to deliver the 'done deal' 'all in' 'no one left behind' guff that was doomed from the start. The WR should have stood up to them said, no we want to negotiate on our own, not let all avenues be so exhausted they were basically kicked out. I am so angry at what has happened to the Juniors this past decade or so and it was so utterly avoidable.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Basically what we have here is I have decided to put an extension on my house contacted the council for planning permission and asked builders to tender.
At the same time my neighbour is telling the builders not to tender as he is also planning to build an extension on my house and the planning committee don't meet til June.

Absolutely brilliant. [emoji106]

Particularly the bit about "he is also planning to build an extension on my house". [emoji23] Bizarre as it sounds, that's exactly the scenario here.

29 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Absolutely brilliant. emoji106.png

Particularly the bit about "he is also planning to build an extension on my house". emoji23.png Bizarre as it sounds, that's exactly the scenario here.

I think a better analogy would be that the neighbour wants to keep his detached house, but remove the boundary wall and is seeking that the council insists that the two houses should be connected so that your neighbour's family is free to move into your house as and when the need arises, even to the extent of evicting members of your family..

Edited by Footballfirst

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think a better analogy would be that the neighbour wants to keep his detached house, but remove the boundary wall and is seeking that the council insists that the two houses should be connected so that your neighbour's family is free to move into your house as and when the need arises, even to the extent of evicting members of your family..

Wild that this is the edited version

For absolute clarity, we could -should refer to the new Tier 6 LL-run West of Scotland League as the West of Scotland League (funnily enough).

Re the WJFA West League thingy, call it the Westie Scotland League, because it appears to be a right dog's dinner.

Edited by Doonhamer1969

So he is either very badly informed, or is lying.  Either way, if he is going into club meetings intending to say this, he is misinforming and misleading people.

Well hopefully someone goes to this open meeting and challenges him on these points.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Why don't you just ask him , he answers questions , he answered mine. Don't believe he is badly informed considering his position , he might be pushing his own agenda but he does have the documents relating to the negotiations...I seen them 

1 hour ago, PastyMan said:

The ERSJFA was NEVER going to get in at tier 6,  as that was one of the whole problems with the juniors joining. The EOS was never going to go for it and were backed by the LL and the SOS and quite rightly so. This is old ground but you cant have two east region leagues in the pyramid. The EOS wanted the east region juniors to be integrated into the EOS league  the other sticking points where the Tayside teams in the East juniors, what would happen with them but while all the problems of this were going on the EOS and the SOS still said that the WRJFA could go in at Tier 6 as the new WOS league but the Scottish junior association wanted it all their own way so talks broke down

19 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Why don't you just ask him , he answers questions , he answered mine. Don't believe he is badly informed considering his position , he might be pushing his own agenda but he does have the documents relating to the negotiations...I seen them 

We've all seen them as they have been posted on here in the past, Marten was shown them by Larry at Lochee, we all debated them at the time. they were being used to proclaim "done deal" with all Juniors in at tier 6 for this season.

Nothing happened, because they were meaningless.

28 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

So ur quite happy to go along with this junior league. What happens when they dont get in

31 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Two years old and not legal binding in anyway 

1 hour ago, clash city rocker said:

I will tell you about Gordon he's like a gunslinger turning up at the OK coral and all he's got in his holster is a banana 🍌.

Would be interesting to know whether this 'tacking on' without 'going Senior' allows access to club licencing for all. Earlier explanation of this from (I think) KL fans on Saturday night (after their meeting with the Pied Piper) was that only Championship and below would be Junior and that clubs would gain / lose SFA/SJFA status with relegation / promotion.

I heard on Saturday morning ( and posted on here Saturday night) that the WRJFA plan is to have their top league Senior and the leagues below junior. Anyone promoted from championship has to give up junior Status and become junior, anyone getting relegated from premiership has to give up senior status and become junior.

I quoted the example of Albion Rovers who could potentially lose their place in League 2, then Lowland then west premiership and as such have their senior status removed by having to turn junior. This obviously applies to any senior team operating in the west in the pyramid, from caley braves/Dalbeattie/Gretna (dependent on geography) right the way to Celtic.

If the pyramid had been in place in 2012 (as it may be next year) ‘the Rangers’ could easily have been placed in the lowest league available, which would have placed them one relegation away from having to become a Junior club- under the WRJFA proposals.

2 minutes ago, surely not! said:

I heard on Saturday morning ( and posted on here Saturday night) that the WRJFA plan is to have their top league Senior and the leagues below junior. Anyone promoted from championship has to give up junior Status and become junior, anyone getting relegated from premiership has to give up senior status and become 

This is why this is a nonsense clubs are clubs a ll wosfl is a fresh start and a clear structure. Wrsjfa plan leaves us a half in half out scenario