Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Aye but if there is a replay at the Falkirk stadium then wee Marshy wouldn't turn up.

^^^ 5,000+ posts which don't pertain to football in the slightest, contain zero wit or insight and waste the bandwidth of This Great Forum

Edited by Marshmallo

58 minutes ago, Marten said:

The latest I know about the NRJFA is that there are talks ongoing with the Highland League and North Caledonian League about possibly the NRJFA & NCL both going in the pyramid on tier 6. I'm not sure though how far these negotiations are and when they'd expect the pyramid there to start if it gets agreed.

The NCL clubs have confirmed their interest in joining the pyramid, and I am told that the response from the SFA has been positive. Further discussions, including the North Juniors, and the Highland League, are expected in the near future.

Even though only 2 clubs are currently licensed, Banks O;Dee (NRJFA) and Golspie Sutherland (NCL), it would be good to get both leagues into the pyramid asap. A promotion/relegation playoff would be required, if both champion clubs are licensed. 

The geographical vastness of the highlands & islands, and the north-east/Grampian area, require two separate pyramid feeder leagues below the HFL, to make them viable.

4 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:
4 hours ago, Nikos K said:
If you are Beenz mr.ronney , then that is a pathetic come back for a man in your position!!  

Further proof that every one of you Junior haters hang on everything that comes from Burnie as being solid gospel truth.

I am not a junior hater, far from it, been involved in it most of my life since a 10 year old boy.
I believe I come at this in an objective manner giving me a balanced and fresh outlook on what is best for the team that I follow and all junior and senior teams and for me, the bigger picture is the effect on the youths in football.
I want to see anyone's team who if they believe that to better themselves then its best to join the pyramid system/senior ranks and any team thinks its best to remain and  who wants to remain at the junior ranks should stay juniors, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Once a junior teams leaves the junior ranks for the pyramid they will cease to exist as a junior team and if they decide to go back to the junior ranks then they will cease to exist as a senior team. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, free choice, no bullying no lying from any side, just come in it objectively and you will find the best solution for your team.

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I am not a junior hater, far from it, been involved in it most of my life since a 10 year old boy.
I believe I come at this in an objective manner giving me a balanced and fresh outlook on what is best for the team that I follow and all junior and senior teams and for me, the bigger picture is the effect on the youths in football.
I want to see anyone's team who if they believe that to better themselves then its best to join the pyramid system/senior ranks and any team thinks its best to remain and  who wants to remain at the junior ranks should stay juniors, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Once a junior teams leaves the junior ranks for the pyramid they will cease to exist as a junior team and if they decide to go back to the junior ranks then they will cease to exist as a senior team. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, free choice, no bullying no lying from any side, just come in it objectively and you will find the best solution for your team.

Problem you have that is you have wrsjfa going rogue and trying to join the pyramid 

image.png.55ea1eb1984529ab3f750b9725a2f89e.png

1. It was the SJFA that asked to join the pyramid following a number of members announcing their decision to join the EoSFL. The results of the questionnaire was used as the basis for this.

2. The SFA said it would facilitate meetings between the leagues involved and organised the PWG again.

3. 1+2 again

4. The leagues in the pyramid agreed to the idea of the Juniors joining on the aligning of discipline, registrations, fixture lists and the EoSFL actually said no but happy for the West of join.

5. May 2018-January 2020 no consensus could be reached but the need for a West of Scotland league is continually raised. It was the SFA that walked away because no consensus could be reached.

6. Following the end of the PWG the LL and EoS are contacted by clubs in the West of Scotland about wanting a West of Scotland league in the pyramid. Begin putting one together due to these informal notes of interest.

7. A number of WJFA clubs announce their interest in seeing what the pyramid WoSFL would look like. The WJFA decides to copy the idea.

8. The LL & EoS West of Scotland League has a deadline for applications of March 31st. With a information meeting around it to be announced prior to that. Once application deadline has past clubs will be accepted and a WoSFL will be formed.

22 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

If I've understood the last few pages correctly, there is a possibility (perhaps remote) of there being two WOS Leagues created at tier 6, with only one having access to the play-offs and promotion to the LL, subject to Licensing requirements.

A choice for WRJFA clubs.  Do you want to stay in a league that is disconnected from the rest of the pyramid or do you want to join a league that offers full integration into the existing pyramid. 

If the WRJFA is successful in establishing a semi autonomous league structure within the pyramid, then why can't the ERJFA and NRJFA do the same thing and become part of the pyramid in the same way.

If the WRJFA wishes to keep all 63 clubs together, then the solution is staring them in the face ........... just recommend to ALL members that they should apply for membership of the WOSFL as proposed by the LL/EoSFL.  Job done, all clubs integrated into a structure not too dissimilar to what the WRJFA already has in place, but with the added benefit of access to Tier 5 and above..   Local rivalries would be maintained as before. No clubs are left floundering in a rump league that is no longer viable.

Simples

What is stopping that from happening?

Apparently it's "the salvation of an association"

Those few words say more about the WRJFA's initiative than anything else. 

Not exactly.

The WJFA  West league wouldn't be a feeder to the LL, therefore isn't in the pyramid and therefore isn't Tier 6.

Its Tier Hee Haw.

image.png.55517c8b337278e1a83d03c09a88c9e8.png

And its been confirmed that the WJFA proposal is just tacking on the West Region to the pyramid. Since this move is meant to be about the salvation of the association, presumably that means staying members in the SJFA. Which means the Drumchapel's and Glasgow University's of the West of Scotland will have to join the SJFA to access the West of Scotland pyramid leagues.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

2/3rds of the WRJFA have now "expressed an interest" in the new WoSFL, a busy meeting in prospect.

I wonder if Beenze will be there.

Image result for down with that sort of thing father ted

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.55517c8b337278e1a83d03c09a88c9e8.png

And its been confirmed that the WJFA proposal is just tacking on the West Region to the pyramid. Since this move is meant to be about the salvation of the association, presumably that means staying members in the SJFA. Which means the Drumchapel's and Glasgow University's of the West of Scotland will have to join the SJFA to access the West of Scotland pyramid leagues.

Would be interesting to know whether this 'tacking on' without 'going Senior' allows access to club licencing for all. Earlier explanation of this from (I think) KL fans on Saturday night (after their meeting with the Pied Piper) was that only Championship and below would be Junior and that clubs would gain / lose SFA/SJFA status with relegation / promotion.

Edited by cmontheloknow

13 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.55ea1eb1984529ab3f750b9725a2f89e.png

1. It was the SJFA that asked to join the pyramid following a number of members announcing their decision to join the EoSFL. The results of the questionnaire was used as the basis for this.

2. The SFA said it would facilitate meetings between the leagues involved and organised the PWG again.

3. 1+2 again

4. The leagues in the pyramid agreed to the idea of the Juniors joining on the aligning of discipline, registrations, fixture lists and the EoSFL actually said no but happy for the West of join.

5. May 2018-January 2020 no consensus could be reached but the need for a West of Scotland league is continually raised. It was the SFA that walked away because no consensus could be reached.

6. Following the end of the PWG the LL and EoS are contacted by clubs in the West of Scotland about wanting a West of Scotland league in the pyramid. Begin putting one together due to these informal notes of interest.

7. A number of WJFA clubs announce their interest in seeing what the pyramid WoSFL would look like. The WJFA decides to copy the idea.

8. The LL & EoS West of Scotland League has a deadline for applications of March 31st. With a information meeting around it to be announced prior to that. Once application deadline has past clubs will be accepted and a WoSFL will be formed.

See, this is where I'm beginning to get frustrated.

The SFA AGM will absolutely not "choose between the two" - that's absolute nonsense unless proven by documentation etc.

The WoSFL is happening and will be a feeder to the Lowland. I fear that this may muddy waters for Junior sides who could well be left behind.

20 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

And another thing - I thought the Juniors this year were to prove they could do a fixture list and be completed in time for the play-offs to the Lowland League (when they were talking about done deals).

image.png.e8dd1f4d9f345b965a18686c912375d0.png

image.png.7e9c0b4487108c09724dfd4a1fbc7ede.png

Ah ....but under the stupendously , gloriously fantastico management of the JFA, excelling as it does in its amazing magnificence and god- like  abilities , True Junior Clubs (TM) are brilliantly able to play two games at wance !

But only if they stay Junior.....

5 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

See, this is where I'm beginning to get frustrated.

The SFA AGM will absolutely not "choose between the two" - that's absolute nonsense unless proven by documentation etc.

The WoSFL is happening and will be a feeder to the Lowland. I fear that this may muddy waters for Junior sides who could well be left behind.

He's quoting SFA articles of association that suggest the SFA must grant consent to any new league (18.1) but that this can only happen at the summer AGM seems a leap.

Maryhill on Facebook confirming expression of interest too... thought they had already done so though?
image.png.57cd2b11e4b6864239f1887df98ac89d.png
The more clubs doing this the better as each declaration weakens the position of oor pal from Kilbirnie. Suspect with the application process commencing we'll have more statements.

10 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Maryhill on Facebook confirming expression of interest too... thought they had already done so though?

image.png.57cd2b11e4b6864239f1887df98ac89d.png

We'd released the initial statement just over a week ago, but the formal expression of interest wasn't submitted till the weekend just past.

Doing various bits and bobs which took a bit longer than expected.

It's the Maryhill way.

Edited by Hillonearth