Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

SJFA don't have a 'top league' as such,  I think you mean WEST REGION sjfa and the WRSJFA 'Premiership' not the 'super league' which hasn't existed for nearly 2 years now!
Other than that we don't know - in fact does ANYONE know what Gordon Ronney's proposal actually would entail, even Mr Ronney himself??
Out of my post you pick up on me not getting the league name right and put in capital letters about it being the west region.....[emoji85]

If you think the sjfa dont have a part then fair play, but I don't buy it.

The name of the league is irrelevant, what the sjfa/wrsjfa are doing is changing their name to make it look and sound like they are the new wosfl......if they change it then they are still operating out with the pyramid and have no access to licensing.....it is chuckle brothers stuff.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

2/3rds of the WRJFA have now "expressed an interest" in the new WoSFL, a busy meeting in prospect.

I wonder if Beenze will be there.

That many now? Wow!

Genuinely a game changer, on the assumption that most will likely proceed to application. Those numbers on their own likely stops the WRSJFA counter proposal in it's tracks.

2/3rds of the WRJFA have now "expressed an interest" in the new WoSFL, a busy meeting in prospect.
Has there been an increase since the leaks Friday & Saturday of Rooney & co's 'plans'? Very encouraging numbers either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if most clubs don't believe Ronney's plans. And even if they believe what he says, that it's between a LL league & a WJFA league at tier 6, I suppose they can still apply and cancel their application after the deadline if Ronney's plan gets accepted (highly unlikely obviously).

Edited by Marten

All this is doing is preventing players from being resigned for next season as it is not known which League will be successful in being the feeder to the LL.

So they say the decision might not be known until June - where does that leave clubs and players. Before it was a decision of whether a club was remaining Junior or going Senior and it was up to the player to sign based on that. Now things have become messy because the West Region become desperate at the fear of losing 30 to 40 clubs.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

All this is doing is preventing players from being resigned for next season as it is not known which League will be successful in being the feeder to the LL.

So they say the decision might not be known until June - where does that leave clubs and players. Before it was a decision of whether a club was remaining Junior or going Senior and it was up to the player to sign based on that. Now things have become messy because the West Region become desperate at the fear of losing 30 to 40 clubs.

No no no! Don't drink the kool aid - you seem too sensible for that. Only one league can become a feeder to the LL, and only one decision can be made, which will be at the end of the month, or very soon afterwards (I think).

13 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Genuinely a game changer, on the assumption that most will likely proceed to application. Those numbers on their own likely stops the WRSJFA counter proposal in it's tracks.

The invented WRJFA league would be a non-starter if zero clubs had noted an interest in senior WoS league. 

People are being too kind. This WRJFA plan has ZERO chance of going ahead and the WRJFA know it. It is solely a tactic to confuse the situation and try to keep blazers. Nothing more, nothing less. It is deliberately false.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Exactly, yet another delaying tactic to preserve the juniors for another year. Any club that entertains Gordon Ronney at any of their meetings needs to take a long hard look at themselves if they are serious about their expressed interest to the WOSL run by the LL. Never has the comical Ali picture been more suited to anything on line than it is to this farce!!

15 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
28 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Has there been an increase since the leaks Friday & Saturday of Rooney & co's 'plans'? Very encouraging numbers either way.

I believe so.

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

No no no! Don't drink the kool aid - you seem too sensible for that. Only one league can become a feeder to the LL, and only one decision can be made, which will be at the end of the month, or very soon afterwards (I think).

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now - it's up to him to provide evidence the SFA have the final say in Lowland League matters when he meets with Largs fans tonight.

5 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now - it's up to him to provide evidence the SFA have the final say in Lowland League matters when he meets with Largs fans tonight.

The SFA have no greater say in how the LL, HL, EoS or SoS conduct their business as they do with the SPFL.  Just like they have no say in how the WRJFA run it's leagues.

The SFA do not run leagues.  They can facilitate discussions, maybe even suggest ideas, but it's the league members and the league board who have final say.

Edited by Burnie_man

17 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

If enough clubs want to go ahead with forming the WoSFL then it's 99.99% known which League will be the feeder to the LL.

And given that, what, 30+ clubs have expressed an interest, the odds of there not being a WoSFL feeding into the LL outside of the juniors are vanishingly small.

Edited by Gordon EF