Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SFA do not run the leagues. Through the PWG all they did was facilitate all the groups meeting and try to work together. The SFA cannot force a change in the Lowland League pyramid system that does not have approval of the leagues already involved.

Here's TJ saying that the SJFA had agreed with the SFA the principle of them entering the pyramid at no lower than Tier 6 in April 2018.

image.thumb.png.0f2d951920c594d1264ab64cd1e30251.png

Which was followed up by a May 2018 PWG meeting where a straw poll was needed to even continue with that idea and beging working on it.

image.thumb.png.5b35da42c655739baecdd3ba1a07dcda.png

Spot on the sfa don t run of organise leagues it's the club's who decide all the sfa have done in the who!e process is acted as a mediator between the two association's very similar to acas do to try and settled industrial disputes.

2 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

This sort of diatribe should make a few more clubs decide its time to move on and join the LL/EosFL initiated WoSFL!

What have they done that's Illegal. They are forming a league noone has to go so what is illegal about it? 

I wonder if wrsjfa really care about promotion to lowland league I wonder if they are doing this to say its upto sfa whether they are a pyramid league so a team can be licensed

Okay, so much as I believe the stance of the guy at Ladeside is absolutely bonkers and deluded, let’s try this as a train of thought:

The WRJFA aren’t actually looking to create a different league in the west. They’re hoping (and praying) that the powers that be are gonna decide that they can administer and organise the West Feeder and give them the control over - based around a structure already there.

They’re holding onto the hope that the SFA sanction them to run the new league rather than it being run by another leagues admin. Which means there would be a route for the champions into the LL.

Been in conversation with Gordon there. Feel like I've clarified that while the West Region's proposed league could come in at Tier 6 in theory, it would not obtain feeder league status to the Lowland without the agreement of all parties. Seems that he's well aware of this in fairness.

27 minutes ago, marconi said:

the S F A  are the  people who run Scottish football and IF  they decide to go with the west region plan what can the  LL do about it

The SFA don't run any leagues. All they can do is mediate between different parties, or act as a judge in case there is a potential breach of rules. The rules in this case are clear, so the SFA can't just force a change. And why would they even want to?

"Plenty of time for amicable discussions"

Are the Lowland League the ones threatening legal action? Have the West Region clarified if it IS legal action they are taking or are the hoping the vague wording will convince people something is happening?

The way I'm looking at this you would think the sjfa own all the club's in the association. The club's are only members of the association in which they pay annual fees to play within the association so club's are now saying they don t want to be part of your association and no longer want to be members . It's like having a gym membership and all the equipment is old and knackered and a shiny new gym opens up so what do you do take out a new membership in the new gym.

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

"Plenty of time for amicable discussions"

Are the Lowland League the ones threatening legal action? Have the West Region clarified if it IS legal action they are taking or are the hoping the vague wording will convince people something is happening?

They are just far too late with this. Even if they'd have come with this plan this time last year, it would have had a chance to succeed. After all that happened since then, there is just no chance anymore. This is just clutching at straws for the sake of self-preservation of some blazers.

Edited by Marten

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Someone posted that 15/16 of West Region Premiership clubs had expressed interest to WoSFL with Kilbirnie ladeside being the exception.

See you scamps and your mis-information ?...

My understanding is that Kilbirnie Ladeside have already "registered an interest" in the new (original LL backed) WoSFL and would be part of the 15 mentioned above.

Maybe Sancho Panza can clarify if this is the case.

10 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Been in conversation with Gordon there. Feel like I've clarified that while the West Region's proposed league could come in at Tier 6 in theory, it would not obtain feeder league status to the Lowland without the agreement of all parties. Seems that he's well aware of this in fairness.

You should challenge him to an official square go winner gets the west of Scotland league 

My understanding is that Kilbirnie Ladeside have already "registered an interest" in the new (original LL backed) WoSFL and would be part of the 15 mentioned above.
I couldn't see anything on their Twitter that they have. Although Hurlford and Benburb and could be others hadn't posted anything but I believe Benburb must have expressed an interest just going by their pitch and recent rise through the leagues and upgrades.

On 28/02/2020 at 19:15, GNU_Linux said:
On 28/02/2020 at 19:02, AML67 said:
That’s apparently going to be one of the main proposals 

Can't find the post of the person you are quoting. Whats the proposal in question?

Can’t see it either , possibly been deleted ! It was the all non SPFL clubs being in one round I believe 

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:
38 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

I couldn't see anything on their Twitter that they have. Although Hurlford and Benburb and could be others hadn't posted anything but I believe Benburb must have expressed an interest just going by their pitch and recent rise through the leagues and upgrades.