Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I'm fairly sure not all fans are thick as mince and lead by the nose, some do have the capability of reading these forums and elsewhere and finding out the facts themselves.
It is also incumbent on clubs to provide them with the facts without prejudice, and let them decide.

What if West Region get a quote / misquote from a SFA blazer that says we want all West Region clubs in and clubs then wait and wait and wait until after April then they don't apply to pyramid then they are out as clubs were misinformed by officials they have known for decades.

I have no doubt a few clubs will wait and support the Juniors / West Region.

I had no doubt before this latest SJFA muddying.

But as Burnie_man said...

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

What if West Region get a quote / misquote from a SFA blazer that says we want all West Region clubs in and clubs then wait and wait and wait until after April then they don't apply to pyramid then they are out as clubs were misinformed by officials they have known for decades.

Thats exactly what they are banking on.

2 minutes ago, Shannon said:

That's probably going to happen regardless.

Look at how many clubs were happy to remain in the East Region.

If clubs don't want to apply now that's fine. The WoSFL is still going to be there next year. Its not going anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Let's not forget that there will be a meeting of all the clubs that have expressed interest with the LL. I'm sure they'll be told there in no uncertain terms that there is not going to be an SJFA route into the pyramid.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If clubs don't want to apply now that's fine. The WoSFL is still going to be there next year. Its not going anywhere.

But will the WoSFL have conferences the year after like the EoSFL? I doubt it. This is a new league being set up and I suspect (based on nothing whatsoever)  that it will be Divisions (Tiers) after that so if you don't join at the start you'll have to fight your way up.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The one year's notice thing is a rule related to moving from one SJFA region to another so is a complete red herring when it comes to club's resigning their membership. It was first brought up as an issue as far back as when Kelty left and didn't make any difference then so to see it still being trundled out now is more pathetic than anything else.

Correct interpretation of the rules.

I doubt if it would be applied if the West Lothian juniors decide to move to leave the ERJFA  and join the 'residual' West Juniors for 2020/21, rather than north Tayside..

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I hope the wosl dont cave in and accept late applications from clubs who’ve fallen for the lies, if they buy that shite then they deserve all they get.

Applications will start on the 6th March and will continue up until the 31st March so even those that haven't yet expressed an interest can still apply. At least, that's the way I understand things.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I hope the wosl dont cave in and accept late applications from clubs who’ve fallen for the lies, if they buy that shite then they deserve all they get.

Can't disagree with this enough. Petty tribal links is what's held the juniors back and if the EoS had done the same and made all the Junior Refugees start at a tier below when they moved they would not have moved at all (bar a few). Understanding others clubs reticence and putting aside daft feuds is the only way they pyramid will go forward.

Applications will start on the 6th March and will continue up until the 31st March so even those that haven't yet expressed an interest can still apply. At least, that's the way I understand things.

Yeh i just mean if some dafties stick with the sjfa and it becomes clear on the 2nd april that they’ve been sold a pup then too bad.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your own club fell for some of the shite not so long ago and in the east clubs like Bo'ness, Lithgae, Dundonald and Broxburn would have been left out in the cold for 2018-19 if the initial March deadline had not been extended. 

2 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

As would ending up in a wosl with only 5 teams in it not connected to anything?

Do you honestly believe that would happen? The chance the current WRJFA will be able to create their own pyramid is well and truly gone, it's not going to be accepted, and rightly so.

As would ending up in a wosl with only 5 teams in it not connected to anything?
Every team that applies will likely release a statement so teams will know how many teams in the league. If 30 have declared an interest then will get 16 teams quite easily.

16 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

But will the WoSFL have conferences the year after like the EoSFL? I doubt it. This is a new league being set up and I suspect (based on nothing whatsoever)  that it will be Divisions (Tiers) after that so if you don't join at the start you'll have to fight your way up.

Doesn't matter. Anyone choosing the SJFA/West Region in this knows they're giving up on entering the pyramid in 2020/21 and won't have access to licencing.