Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

For the amount of teams left you will only have 3 rounds then the final will still be at rugby park in the first Sunday in June

SJFA, in denial about the departures, schedules a R1 same as this season but gives all the teams byes to R2 (mebbe even to R3!)

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Remains to be seen how keen they still are on staying once the penny drops that they have a season where the majority of their home games will be against the three tribute acts, possibly the now homeless Syngenta and all three of Harthill, Staneyburn and West Calder to look forward to.

Doubt it makes much difference to them. There's 3 Fife teams in the Superleague South this year. Two of which are bottom. Thornton Hibs have been the only strong side being 8 points of 1st with 12 games to go. Switch them out for Stoneyburn, West Calder and the Community teams it might not make much difference to them.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I  wonder what happened at the last ERJFA meeting?  "all hope lost, man the lifeboats" ?

I can't remember when the all Fife teams rumour started but going into the 18 February meeting K&D had already declared leaving. Last week was also the time of Syngenta and Dunipace ending their rental agreement, so potentially you had Syngenta telling the Region they had intentions to fold at the end of the season.

Then going by Thornton Hibs statement they also announced their intentions to apply for the EoSFL.

That's 3 clubs looking to go at that meeting at least.

Kennoway only said they were planning to resign following the events of the Region meeting.

Whitburn, Bathgate Thistle, Fauldhouse United. They're all daydreaming about another Cup win. Armadale won't go until they've won it once. They're still bitter about their one final appearance having two replays. If only they had penalties back in 1941!

The Dale missed a penalty in the last minute of the first game which cost them the cup

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I can't remember when the all Fife teams rumour started but going into the 18 February meeting K&D had already declared leaving. Last week was also the time of Syngenta and Dunipace ending their rental agreement, so potentially you had Syngenta telling the Region they had intentions to fold at the end of the season.

Then going by Thornton Hibs statement they also announced their intentions to apply for the EoSFL.

That's 3 clubs looking to go at that meeting at least.

Kennoway only said they were planning to resign following the events of the Region meeting.

I guess there is always the chance that one or more of the tribute acts have signalled their intention to resign as well.

4 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

What would have happened if the SJFA went back to the SFA offering the “West Region under our association at Tier 6” in a last ditch attempt to obstruct the WoS? Nothing, you say?

Funny that...😙

I'm taking it something like this has happened 

Just now, Born To Run said:

I can’t independently confirm anything but the whisper is out there. Might be true, might not be.

Would make sense as to why the East Region clubs were unimpressed as well, given that they were an afterthought in this implied situation.

The immovable application deadline for the EOS looming large probably focussed a few minds as well...

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I guess there is always the chance that one or more of the tribute acts have signalled their intention to resign as well.

I think Bo'ness United Juniors and Linlithgow Rose CFC (with exception of their ground) are fine. Since they came with an established Amateur background. Sauchie who knows but they've shuffled around stadium wise to get games played which isn't a great look at any rate.

4 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

I can’t independently confirm anything but the whisper is out there. Might be true, might not be.

Would make sense as to why the East Region clubs were unimpressed as well, given that they were an afterthought in this implied situation.

I've heard a few things myself for what I know and what you are saying  then tj has caved in and junior football is finished .

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't know if you've looked the table recently but you've got the likes of Clydebank sitting in 5th having played TEN games more than Talbot and Talbot are 4 points ahead in 3rd place. 1 point behind Pollok that have played SIX games more than Talbot. While Kilwinning sit top a good 13 points ahead of Talbot, Talbot do have EIGHT games to catch them up and have already beaten Kilwinning 6-1 this year in the league.

image.png.22aa447a061c25c236425210415cf6c2.png

Admittedly Talbot have dropped as many points so far as they did in the whole of last season. So maybe they'll drop some more and only stumble to a title win instead of run away with it.

image.png.b48e0cda059a2dff63eb0ee361e94af6.png

This Talbot team have proven themselves to be too good for the level they're playing at. Using them as the yard stick to how others would fare is unfair. No different to how Kelty and Bonnyrigg were compared in the EoSFL having won 2 of the last 3 East Superleague titles upon entering the pyramid. All three clubs should be playing at a higher level.

Please read my original post, 'ignoring games in hand'......etc

Edited by Doonhamer1969

Just now, Doonhamer1969 said:

Please read my original post ,'(ignoring games in hand'......

Yeah and you used Auchinleck Talbot as a team that would run up cricket scores. Except they're not a true representative of West Premiership clubs. Not only did they run away with the first West Premiership title.

According to Wikipedia they were the clear number one during the Superleague era. Top 4 finish 14/16 seasons. Over a 100 points more than the 2nd place team. Only Hurlford's 5 stint comes close to PPG accrual.

image.thumb.png.8e30861667324b6a66678132f92295ac.png

3 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

I am not sure what “future set up for our grade of football” is meant to tackle.

I suppose it is the future plans for those few clubs that will be left in the rump WRJFA.

Does not sound very appetising to me.

Perhaps Kilbirnie don't fancy joining the gravy train ?

Edited by Robert James
typo error

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think Bo'ness United Juniors and Linlithgow Rose CFC (with exception of their ground) are fine. Since they came with an established Amateur background. Sauchie who knows but they've shuffled around stadium wise to get games played which isn't a great look at any rate.

Newburgh will go to tayside and lochore could possibly fold, so the east region will consist of a tayside league and a west Lothian league

24 minutes ago, Truthteller said:

Newburgh will go to tayside and lochore could possibly fold, so the east region will consist of a tayside league and a west Lothian league

I think Newburgh will go EoS, albeit reluctantly.

Going to Tayside would be a last resort. They're probably the club in the "safest" place of the Juniors. Regardless of what they choose, they'll be playing in a League next season - Tayside or EoS Conference.

10 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

I would add that if Glasgow Uni, jumped they would be joined by Strathclyde as well. Also a small chance of Oban Saints or other big Ams sides joining.

I would be surprised if Strathclyde University's ground at  Stepps, would meet the standard required for the West of Scotland League.