Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

Nice try Alan! IMO there are so many clubs about to move to the WoSFL it would be a more profitable use of time to list those clubs that will be remaining within the rump WRJFA.

I will start you off with No.1 St Anthony's. Really interested to see what you or anyone else can come up with.

What's this "rump" business?

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Having a Guess who maybe involved in WOSFL next season (no means neccesarilly to be correct)

1. Bonnyton Thistle

2. Glasgow UNI

3. Kilwinning Rangers

4. Auchinleck Talbot

5. Pollok

6. Irvine Meadow

7. Clydebank

8. Glenafton

9. Rossvale

10. Beith Juniors

11. Hurlford

12. Cumnock

13. Troon

14. Kilbirnie

15. Benburb

16. Rob Roy

17. Glencairn

18. Largs Thistle

19. Darvel Juniors

20. Renfrew

21. Arthurlie

22. Whitletts Vics

23. Gartcairn

24. Petershill

25. St Rochs

26. Maryhill

27. Girvan

28. Yoker

That would be 2 leagues of 14 and their could be more

So, on current league positions (ignoring games in hand and factoring in normal promotion and relegation), WoS Premier (16 teams) is teams 1-14 (except 2) and teams 18-20, with the rest forming a 12 team WoS 1st.

Simples.

No need for complicated conference pish.

22 minutes ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

So, on current league positions (ignoring games in hand and factoring in normal promotion and relegation), WoS Premier (16 teams) is teams 1-14 (except 2) and teams 18-20, with the rest forming a 12 team WoS 1st.

Simples.

No need for complicated conference pish.

Two equal Conferences of 14-14 with 28 teams seems a lot simpler than coming up with a 16-12 set up .

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Two equal Conferences of 14-14 with 28 teams seems a lot simpler than coming up with a 16-12 set up .

Simpler ,yes, but 16-12 avoids any unnecessary extra relegation or denial of promotion from the existing West structure to accommodate Bonnyton.

Re conferences, why the hell should West Champ, League 1 and 2 teams suddenly achieve parity with the current West Premiership teams ??

Conferences are just a recipe for severe humpings.

My evidence consists of just one item , m'lud.

Hill o Beath 16 Tweedmouth 0

I rest my case.

Edited by Doonhamer1969

1 minute ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Simpler ,yes, but 16-12 avoids any unnecessary extra relegation or denial of promotion to accommodate Bonnyton from the existing West structure.

Re conferences, why the hell should West Champ, League 1 and 2 teams suddenly achieve parity with the current West Premiership teams ??

Conferences are just a recipe for severe humpings.

My evidence consists of just one item , m'lud.

Hill o Beath 16 Tweedmouth 0

I rest my case.

I'd only favour tiered leagues if just junior clubs applied. Why should anyone else that applies go to the bottom of the structure below teams they have never competed against?

1 minute ago, never been to scotland said:

I'd only favour tiered leagues if just junior clubs applied. Why should anyone else that applies go to the bottom of the structure below teams they have never competed against?

Fair point, but how many non juniors will there actually be ?

Bonnyton and a couple of amateur teams, possibly.

Amateur teams aren't going to insist on parity with teams who have won the Junior Cup, competed (often well) in the Scottish Cup etc etc.

1 minute ago, Doonhamer1969 said:

Fair point, but how many non juniors will there actually be ?

Bonnyton and a couple of amateur teams, possibly.

Amateur teams aren't going to insist on parity with teams who have won the Junior Cup, competed (often well) in the Scottish Cup etc etc.

Its not exactly the amateurs that will care. Its the Premiership sides and Championship sides that are hovering around the promotion and relegation spots that will fancy their chances of making the WoS Tier 6 league in 2021-22 with Conferences, as well as any other side that fancy a crack at it.

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Its not exactly the amateurs that will care. Its the Premiership sides and Championship sides that are hovering around the promotion and relegation spots that will fancy their chances of making the WoS Tier 6 league in 2021-22 with Conferences, as well as any other side that fancy a crack at it.

Which they can equally make in 2021-22 by winning the new Tier 7 WoS First Division.

4 hours ago, not man of the match said:

A conversation with another Bankies fan I met on the bus. He reckoned that conferences or similar would follow a season down the line or beyond but it was purely about getting a WoSL up and running.

I don’t speak with committee men or the like so the only info I tend to get is on here or speaking to the odd person at a game or in passing through the town.

See the source image

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Or by finishing Top 5-8 in whatever kind of Conference they're in. Which is easier?

Why pitch teams of hugely unequal ability together, even for one year ? 

They had no choice in the East ,because it was two completely separate systems, so it was the right thing to do.

The new WoS League looks it will have the vast majority of its teams switching over from an existing hierarchical structure, so leave those at the top at the top, middle at the middle, bottom at the bottom.

Auchinleck v Girvan....double figures ?

So Thornton, Kennoway, Rosyth, Kirkcaldy and now Lochgelly have announced their departures. What is the story with Newburgh and Lochore? Surely to follow now?

It's funny to see a few statements refer to the ERSJFA meeting. The Fife clubs all take it as a hint to leave, the Lothians to stay...? Are they glad to be getting a wee local league all to themselves with no travel over the devilish Queensferry Crossing?