Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, Marten said:

The Tony Macaroni is being well used then recently, as LTHV used it to play some of their games as well. I guess they must let West Calder / LTHV us it for a very low fee as I'd doubt either could afford a high rent.

The stadium is run by Livingston's community football organisation and not the club itself.

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

On the subject of Syngenta what were the issues with Little Kerse that prevented them from using it thus being rejected by the EOSFL twice? Can't recall off top of my head.

I don't believe they ever tried with Little Kerse. They were trying to use Grangemouth Stadium, then scrambled for a ground and got Dunipace but too late in the day for the EoS. At least that's how I remember it.

EDIT: Looking back apparently they didn't even have a ground officially lined up when they attended the meeting for applicants.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't believe they ever tried with Little Kerse. They were trying to use Grangemouth Stadium, then scrambled for a ground and got Dunipace but too late in the day for the EoS. At least that's how I remember it.

EDIT: Looking back apparently they didn't even have a ground officially lined up when they attended the meeting for applicants.

I seem to remember they have/had plans to develop little Kerse but it was quite limited in details and they basically came in with ‘aye well we’ll get something else sorted in the meantime, trust us. 

as has been proven even the arrangement at duniplace wasn’t secure.  (Which I understand was basically a hire as and when required) 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I seem to remember they have/had plans to develop little Kerse but it was quite limited in details and they basically came in with ‘aye well we’ll get something else sorted in the meantime, trust us. 

as has been proven even the arrangement at duniplace wasn’t secure.  (Which I understand was basically a hire as and when required) 

Think they had grand plans announcing things a year in advance, were getting management lined up for both a first team and u20s. Then when the time came for it to matter they were like a student that left their homework until 11pm the night before it's due in :)

Think they got kicked out of Little Kerse as well if I remember right, because the complex would rather run their own youth teams instead.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

Would Syngenta have been accepted into the juniors if they hadn't been needed to bring the numbers up to 10-10 in the south section? My money's on no.

Doubt it. Them losing their agreement at Westfield and only another 3 league games to go makes me think they might just want to wrap things up as soon as possible. Get the games played as soon as possible at the cheapest venue you can get.

21 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Not quite - Pollok fans will be triggered! 🐟

Noticed Pumpherston and Whitburn are playing friendlies against EOS clubs today...

So did Fauldhouse recently, but they seem to be staying, so I doubt we can read much into that...