Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Defo French.

Don't think he ever lived in Blackburn, but defo went to school there. 

St Kentigern's would be in the French sector I agree. Much more exotic sounding than Mungo. 

13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes, please see the point I made about being quite well aware of the licensing process mate. Im pretty sure if Yoker wanted to they could meet the other requirements. Basically they are all on the sfa website and any well run club should be able to meet the non physical criteria.

….. and, after all, why would Yoker turn down the opportunity to earn cash from the SFA annual Dividend and from Scottish FA Cup entry?

8 hours ago, Spyro said:

The committee didn’t even get to discuss whether to join the pyramid or stay junior, that wasn’t on the agenda at Monday’s meeting... it was only briefly talked about.

This decisions has been made by the same 2-3 men who are running that club into the ground. So much potential, an amazing management/playing squad and half a committee who were willing to push the club forward but in the end totally consumed by village politics and a fear of change... I hope they are proud of themselves 💔😓

It's a mini SJFA situation so take action to sort it out - or just roll with it and don't complain. Sorry to be harsh but those who share your view need to get together now and either take action or not.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

It's different under this scenario, though.

Had the SJFA been able to bring the entire West Region over as one they would still have been under the banner and jurisdiction of the SJFA, and effectively would still have been junior clubs in the eyes of most of the reluctant acceptors. However, under the scenario suggested yesterday by Pyramidic, these clubs would be brought into the pyramid outside the jurisdiction of the SJFA, and their only connection to the junior world would be taking part in the Scottish Junior Cup for a round or three every year. They would effectively be senior clubs.

That's where the WoSFL proposal is simple. There is no ambiguity, no "who do we belong to, are we junior or senior" about it. And each club can choose their own destiny.

….. and it also avoids the scenario of the Juniors Trojan Horse i.e. reverting to SJFA control once the WoS separates from the Lowland League, maybe as soon as 21/22.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

All the bleating and greeting on here will not change the fact that the Fauldhouse,Whitburn and Armadale"s etc of West Lothian will not move until they have no other choice,even after the EoS clubs have opened the door to tier 7 with their decision last nite to keep the conference's for one more season before going to a league structure below the EoS Premier division.

They are dyed in the wool junior men,who care nowt for the pyramid and have a distinct lack of knowledge of its workings!!

I,along with many other Whitburn men,will not be back at Central park until they are in the pyramid.

So tragic to see the demise of the once great WJFC.

Well, it's only a few died-in-the-wool Juniors folk who control these clubs. Just a few. Don't stay away. That's what serves them best. Get involved. Get others of like mind involved now. Become members, if you're not already  member, and use the constitution to call an EGM and sort it out.

Otherwise you are, in effect, just like them. Died-in-the-wool complainers who are ?afraid/can't make things happen even when you feel strongly about it.

Action not words. Sorry to be so harsh!

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

The only reason I can see clubs like Fauldhouse, Bathgate et al staying Junior is so that come the end of this/next season they can  be East Junior champions. That seems more important than the actual future of the club.

Short term gain taken despite the long term pain it will undoubtedly cause them.

You're giving them too much credit. It is solely due to Grade Loyalism.

SJFA is a ridiculous, extremely backward, nonsensical body, especially when there are much better options in view. But there is a strong possibility they could survive using `reserves` as has happened with several clubs in the east.  The next big move will probably be the formation of a `north-east` senior league to cater for Aberdeenshire and Tayside. SJFA are not the only ones under threat from `modernisation` ... as the east u-21 and u-19 has effectively disappeared because Lowland and EoS run an u-20 system ... likely to happen also for the New West senior league .. affecting SYFA and Amateurs quite badly ..

The answer to all this pathetic nonsense of course is to have one national league and a properly organised pyramid where  Highland and four other regions (S.West, W-Central, S.East and N-East) would all be tier 4, after League 1 and 2 are regionalised .. we need a strong competitive system in Scotland to produce players .. and the current system is light years from that ..

14 minutes ago, Dev said:

Well, it's only a few died-in-the-wool Juniors folk who control these clubs. Just a few. Don't stay away. That's what serves them best. Get involved. Get others of like mind involved now. Become members, if you're not already  member, and use the constitution to call an EGM and sort it out.

Otherwise you are, in effect, just like them. Died-in-the-wool complainers who are ?afraid/can't make things happen even when you feel strongly about it.

Action not words. Sorry to be so harsh!

Dev,I know many of the WJFC committee,Haddow,Sinclair etc. 

I"ve had many a conversation with them regarding the pyramid and they're not interested!!

All the usual crap gets spouted,those that left are traitors tae the grade,money it takes tae achieve a licence,even though you dont need one for tier 6 and below,playing locally etc.

They wont go until they have no other option.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Could WL clubs be delaying because they want to come in at the lowest possible level in a regionalised division of the EoS at a later date? Or am I overthinking and giving them too much strategic credit?

Way way way way way too much strategic credit 😂

7 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

All the bleating and greeting on here will not change the fact that the Fauldhouse,Whitburn and Armadale"s etc of West Lothian will not move until they have no other choice,even after the EoS clubs have opened the door to tier 7 with their decision last nite to keep the conference's for one more season before going to a league structure below the EoS Premier division.

They are dyed in the wool junior men,who care nowt for the pyramid and have a distinct lack of knowledge of its workings!!

I,along with many other Whitburn men,will not be back at Central park until they are in the pyramid.

So tragic to see the demise of the once great WJFC.

It is tragic, but times move on and you have to adapt or die.
I have no problem whatsoever in Junior teams deciding to stay junior but its the reason behind it.

The comment Whitburn Vale makes is so true throughout junior football, (They are dyed in the wool junior men, who care nowt for the pyramid and have a distinct lack of knowledge of its workings!!).  They do not know any better, other than junior, they think everything is rosy when it is not, they do not do their research or have others do their research on the matter and then make an objective decision.   There was a chairman of a junior team pleading on twitter to another chairman of a junior teams saying don't leave, we have an 134 year history, that was the only reason he gave.  

I am junior through and through, played it all my days and now I either coach at youth games or watch youth games that interest of effect my team or Im at a junior match. I do not go to senior games other than games that involve lads that I have coached. After all this even I know in the current situation for many, many reason teams should start to look towards the pyramid/senior leagues.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread